Gift Warehouse - all images are missing
    Just noticed this morning that all images are gone from Gift Warehouse on SAS.

Since it's a Saturday morning, I'm hoping this is due to maintenance and is short term. I have emailed Popshops and Gift Warehouse with a heads up, but since these are not showing as "inactive", you won't know until you go in to edit a shop with their products.

I downloaded the SAS datafeed for gift warehouse a few days ago and found the images missing. They were still in PopShops.

So I sent a contact message to gift warehouse via the SAS interface -- with no response as of yet.

My bet is PopShops is a day or two behind uploading datafeed updates -- and the imageless df just made it into PopShops.

Not such good news if that's the case.

Gets wearisome trying to beg decent, usable datafeeds from merchants, doesn't it??
    Generate more fake news.

Thanks for the info, writerguy. Yes, it's tough enough dealing with 600+ inactive products but it was super frustrating to get those all cleaned up, only to find these horrible-looking "no image" icons everywhere.

I'll post here if I hear anything from Gift Warehouse. Jessie confirmed to me that there are NO images in their data feed.

Here's the reply I received from Gift Warehouse:

Thank you for your notice of this problem. We have contacted Shareasale about this as we are sending them the information but there must be a problem somewhere. We hope to have it resolved in a day or so.

Again thank you and sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

regards,
    Larry
    Giftwarehouse.com

I'd love to have a Deactivate / Pause switch to throw on merchants, that removes the display but only until I reactivate it... then have it all show up again right where I left it.
    Be at peace,
    Casey

Lass Group Mall - Free parking first hour or with any purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseyfern
    I'd love to have a Deactivate / Pause switch to throw on merchants, that removes the display but only until I reactivate it... then have it all show up again right where I left it.
    Ah, the beauty of a CMS.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Quote Originally Posted by rematt
    Ah, the beauty of a CMS.

-rematt
    Eh, I'm still CMS-leery since the last time Drupal burned me and imploded, taking months of work and evading restoration from backups. But, hey, that's just me

What I meant, though, was a switch in PopShops that shuts off merchant display in -any- shop then allows it to show back up when switched back. I don't mind chasing down merchants in 50-60 shops, and I know I can delete them all in one swift click, but there are times I don't really want them deleted, just stifled a bit.
    Last edited by Caseyfern; October 6th, 2008 at 05:32 PM. Reason: forgot to keep typing...
    Be at peace,
    Casey

Lass Group Mall - Free parking first hour or with any purchase.

Ah, gotcha. That would be a useful feature.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Woo hoo. Gift Warehouse images are back.

And I just finished removing everything this morning. Figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseyfern
    I agree. When a merchant goes offline on Shareasale or CJ, I would like to just turn them off on PopShops until they come back online. Especially on the weekends when it seems no one is watching the store and on Mondays they come back online. I give an inactive merchant a couple of days before I delete them all together.
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread