Question Can DataFeeds be used for creating blogger Blogs?
    Friends,
    Instead of using paid hosting can I use blogger blogs for stores from datafeeds? Or is there any combination for paid hosting + blogger? I am interested in making stores on blogger.com. Thanks!

Really, so few people here waste their time with blogger.com blogs anymore that you'll probably never get a good answer to your question.

I would suggest you take time to look through their Terms of Service. I'm guessing you'll find an answer there regarding putting up affiliate links. Datafeeds are simply a tabulated collection of a merchant's product information, i.e., the "buy" url or unique affiliate identifier, product image, product description, etc. So using a datafeed at blogger.com would be allowed IF they allow affiliate links, I would imagine.

But I really don't know and suggest you check with blogger.com before you use them to "make stores" or whatever.
    Generate more fake news.

Blogger is for blogging, Datafeeds are for building product search engines. Totally different.
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Thanks for the answers guys.
    But my question is not about blogger TOS.
    I can't actually buy a new domain for every niche. instead i would like to make stores or product posts on blogger. they allow affiliated links we are using it for CB, PDC, CJ etc.
    My question is how I shall post these datafeeds on blogger to make a products blog/site? Waiting for your replies.

The only way this will really work is if you hand pick products and write about each of them. You don't need a datafeed for this. Like I said, datafeeds are not for blogs they're for building product search engines.

- Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Snib
    The only way this will really work is if you hand pick products and write about each of them. You don't need a datafeed for this. Like I said, datafeeds are not for blogs they're for building product search engines.

- Scott
    I know some services that will probably disagree with that statement. I don't want to advertise anything so i won't give names but you can very well blend in blogs and datafeeds. Not all sites using datafeeds are product search engines.

Quote Originally Posted by omaron
    I know some services that will probably disagree with that statement. I don't want to advertise anything so i won't give names but you can very well blend in blogs and datafeeds. Not all sites using datafeeds are product search engines.
    Sure, it is technically possible, but it would be very hard to harvest a loyal audience with this type of blog.

- Scott

If you make the whole blog only work as a storefront, yes, i guess not many people will visit that again, so you need to rely on unique SE traffic. The store can just be added to a blog thogh, does not really have to be the main part of the blog. Just offer some more options (shopping) to current audience, in a separate part of the blog (a link like /shop/ or something from blog menu)

If you can't afford to buy a domainname for every nich you want to cover why don't you get a general name and set subdomains under it for every niche. Like fi a name like www.shopstores.com and you create a subdomain gps, dvd-players, wii, psp3, etcetc so you will have
    gps.shopstores.com
    dvd-players.shopstores.com
    wii.shopstores.com
    psp3.shopstores.com

shopstores is already taken but something like that. Main reason is ...you build your own property. You do not have to be afraid your blogger blogs being pulled down because of some reason.

blogger, squidoo, hubpages, wetpaint, zimbio, tumblr etcetc are all great free places to build something...but that something should be disposable and mainly focused on getting links to your main moneysite that you own.

just my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by edynas
    If you can't afford to buy a domainname for every nich you want to cover why don't you get a general name and set subdomains under it for every niche. Like fi a name like www.shopstores.com and you create a subdomain gps, dvd-players, wii, psp3, etcetc so you will have
    gps.shopstores.com
    dvd-players.shopstores.com
    wii.shopstores.com
    psp3.shopstores.com
    The problem with this is any single individual really can't add enough value to a whole slew of niches. They'll be spread too thin and the sites will end up being thin affiliate sites. Its much better to focus entirely on a very narrow niche and put all your efforts into it. That way you can build real consumer value and end up with a viable long term business.

- Scott

Though Its not for Blogger but PHPBAY and DATAFEEDr are the plugin that you can use with Wordpress self hosted Blogs for handing datafeeds and making E-commerce affiliate stores on Blogs

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread