Same Issue - Different Day...
    Hey Everybody,

I post this thread fully aware that most of us are seriously tired of this question...I'm tired of it too. But I can think of no faster, most reliable way to get a straight answer.

Is anyone else noticing that sales on LS for the following days were...Significantly Off?

Sept 18, 2008 and October 3,4, 2008?

I can't claim to do a whole lot of volume with LS. And I'm only affiliated with three or four of their merchants - but typically I have 15-30 sales per day on LS. I've checked everything that can be checked on my end. Checked my links, search engine rankings, campaigns etc, everything is copasetic. Do try not to flame me here...I'm fully aware that this business is cyclical with ups and downs. I know it's possible (although improbable) to have zero sale days, however this time I don't think it is, here's why:

On September 18th, sales stopped at 3:28 am. (There was a vague announcement on their website about something to do with that date)
    Then they resumed at regular 1-3 sales per hour intervals after midnight the next day. The "missing" sales still haven't posted, so I wonder if they ever will.

And the latest...since 3pm yesterday, I haven't had a single sale tracked. Just to make sure it wasn't just a statistical anomaly, I whipped out my credit card and made a purchase through my link. And it hasn't shown up yet. There have been a handful of non-commissionable sales for reason 13 (SKU does not match) But no more than usual.

I filled out a help ticket weeks ago about the September 18th data. Naturally I got the automated non-answer requesting I confirm if I really really want help. Which I confirmed and haven't heard a thing since.

But before I try to pull in favors from the few precious email addresses and phone numbers I have for people at LS, I thought I should ask around to see if this is:
    a) a widespread problem,
    b) a merchant specific problem,
    c) (the worst) my own unique problem...

Thanks for your help!
    -WM
    [I]Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.[/I] -Galatians 6:9

I have Linkshare sales throughout the day on Sep 18. I have one missing day of sales, Aug 3.

My last sale in October was Friday 03-OCT-2008 02:46. My assumption is that sales for Oct 3 and 4 have not been posted yet. I am hoping to see them posted tomorrow.

Linkshare has been running very slow for me today. I built a link and it took over an hour to activate.

I've pretty much given up even pulling stats from Linkshare on the weekend. I usually wait until Monday because they are never complete on Saturday and Sunday. I just checked and haven't had any sales this weekend either.
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

Linkshare reporting servers are busy now. Why? Only an apology for the inconvenience. Please try again later. It has been this way since last evening.

Gene
    TCS

Wink Well....what do you know?
    Response (J Miranda) - 10/05/2008 04:01 PM
    Sabrina,

Thank you for your email!

There was an issue with reporting lags. This had been addressed with the fix done by the technical team on October 1st. As a result, current reports may continue to run slowly through next week. Your reports should reflect correct accurate data by October 6.

Rest assured all clicks and transactions have been tracked normally throughout this period, and all commissioning and invoicing for September will be based on complete data. Only reporting has been affected. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you, and thank you for your patience.

Thank you for contacting LinkShare!

J Miranda
    LinkShare.com Publisher Support
    I can't believe I got a response from the most recent help ticket I filled out. In all fairness, I must give them credit when credit is due...someone really did get back to me within 48 hours.

So I'll pass the information along, if any other affiliates are having my same issue with slow (code word non-existent) sales recently, then I suppose this would apply to you as well. Whew...while I'm not glad this is a widespread problem, I am relieved it isn't only me - and consequently it won't be up to me and my limited LS contacts to resolve. Sometimes a bigger or more global problem is actually easier to fix!
    [I]Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.[/I] -Galatians 6:9

Im having clicks in SAS, CJ, LS, GAN but no sales.

I was having sales in July, but ever since August there have been no sales, but only clicks.

I'm wondering is it the economy?

Or are people deleting cookies from their browser in incognito mode after IE and Chrome advertised the "leave no trace" feature?

Anyway, I'll sit tight for another 3 months.

I'm getting a few AdSense clicks though.

Has anyone seen any sales being reported for the 7th or today? In any interface?

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by hummas
    Has anyone seen any sales being reported for the 7th or today? In any interface?
    No

No, and I am getting quite annoyed at this point.

Sill no sales being reported!
    Still no sales for the 7th, 8th or today. Anyone seeing sales? My last reported sale was on 10/6 at 10:22PM. ALL interfaces.

ABW Ambassador
    My last reported sale was Wednesday 08-OCT-2008 04:51 which posted yesterday. Nothing has posted today.

My sales are through 10/8/2008 06:58:00 and they posted some time in the evening yesterday.

I am having trouble logging into the traditional interface. Keep getting booted out. Was able to get into the new interface.

ABW Ambassador
    Reports are current now.

I see that one sale came in, only being reported in synergy analytics, not the old or new reporting tools. And, its from a merchant I hardly every get sales from, where the merchants I get many sales from are reporting nothing for those days. Something must still be going on over at Linkshare, and yes I know - there is nothing we can do about it. I did open a ticket though.

Thanks for all the replies.

Data Delay 09-OCT-08

We are currently experiencing data delays. Synergy Analytics sales transaction data is delayed for the following process dates: Sept. 25, 26 and October 3. We expect to have reporting caught up by October 10 at 12pm ET (GMT-4).
    Another notice on their website.

At least I'm seeing sales again - but I can't claim to be exactly setting the world on fire. I guess I can only hope more sales will post later...

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread