Integrate Datafeed Manager into WordPress pages?
    Anybody out there got tips for integrating a datafeed into a WordPress blog page using the Datafeed Manager?

I set up a datafeed manager install for an Avantlink merchant. Then I used a php include to put the template into a WordPress page.

Worked pretty well except it put about 1/4-1/3 of a screen full of blank space at the top of the Shop showing up in the WordPress page.

Anyone else trying the datafeed manager with WordPress? Any help?

Thanks
    Generate more fake news.

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Gary,

Why do you want to post a web service datafeed client subscription through an include on a wordpress page, when it can stand alone on your web server in its own directory?

Once you install a feed subscription at the root level of your site, just use wordpress to build a page with a custom navigation structure deep linking to categories, sub-categories or product groups of your choice within the feed....naming the wordpress page something like "Shop" or "Marketplace", for example.

That's the way to go...

Gary M

Quote Originally Posted by Gary-AvantLink
    Gary,

Why do you want to post a web service datafeed client subscription through an include on a wordpress page, when it can stand alone on your web server in its own directory?

Once you install a feed subscription at the root level of your site, just use wordpress to build a page with a custom navigation structure deep linking to categories, sub-categories or product groups of your choice within the feed....naming the wordpress page something like "Shop" or "Marketplace", for example.

That's the way to go...

Gary M
    Okay, Gary. I like that idea. I still really never have figured out using the datafeed client well enough to understand how to do what you're saying here. I am having trouble visualizing, I guess, just what such a WordPress page would look like?

What I was trying to do was achieve in WP something similar to what I have going on in a php template site I have elsewhere. When I did an include to put that into a WP page, it showed up as the "Shop" I was looking for -- except it adds that 1/4-1/3 screen of blank space above the shop's search box.

But, yeah, I would like to get something like what you're talking about.

In the sites I'm working on, I have the WP installed in the root directory with the WP templates modified to work as a CMS, and I have PopShops displays on them for various merchant feeds.

I would love to figure out just what you're saying and do it that way with the Avantlink merchants -- but as I said above, I'm having trouble picturing just how to accomplish that. Do you happen to have examples somewhere of such an integration into a WP blog?

Also, at some point when I first started trying to figure out the datafeed client, you had some representative sites up that I was looking at. I can't seem to find such sites anywhere on the Avantlink pages or blog. Am I just not looking in the right place?

Thanks, Gary, for your help!
    Generate more fake news.

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Gary, I just PM'd you with some info...

Thanks, Gary. I just replied to that PM. It was helpful, but I have additional questions.
    Generate more fake news.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread