Banned
    Exclamation maxbounty legit?
    I was looking into signing up with an affiliate network called maxbounty, however, they do not ask for a tax number. Are they legitimate? Will they eventually request it (i.e. after sign up or once $600 is earned)?

MaxBounty's Privacy Policy discloses that MaxBounty is based in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada (not in the United States). That probably explains why they don't request Taxpayer ID Numbers (TIN/SSN) from U.S. affiliates.

I don't recall having any experiences with them.

Yes, they are legitimate. I've been paid at least 20 times by them up to 5k
    Actually they have an awesome affiliate support.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by markwelch
    MaxBounty's Privacy Policy discloses that MaxBounty is based in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada (not in the United States). That probably explains why they don't request Taxpayer ID Numbers (TIN/SSN) from U.S. affiliates.

I don't recall having any experiences with them.
    If this is true, then they probably don't issue you a 1099form. How would I report my income? Would I just do it myself with a 1040form?

I'm not sure, since I live in Germany, sorry

I've received checks from them in the past, but haven't been active with them for a few years. Most of their offers seem geared towards list building which isn't really my cup of tea.

JPSuave, an exec of some capacity at Max Bounty, posts on ABW now and then. Might be able to get a feel for the company by reading some of his past threads.
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

Banned
    Thanks Eathan,

I'll take a look at some of his posts.

ABW Ambassador
    While none of my payments have been anywhere near mrkrabs, Maxbounty has been sending me a payment every month, always on time. They post notices of new programs and price changes regularly and answer emails quickly.

Thumbs up from here.

Maxbounty is a good network. I alwayd get paid on time except for this month. I lalready contact them. I know that their support is good so I will receive a reply soon.

Hi all.... of course we're legit!!! One of the few non-DirectTrack networks out there.

Mark Welch is correct. We're based in Canada and so are not required to report publisher earnings to the American government, have no need to ask for a SSN, nor do we issue tax papers for the IRS. Surely the IRS would require American citizens to report their MB earnings... though I have no data on how many publishers do.

MyBest - payments went out again on time this month, early even (I believe on the 13th), but our processor had a hiccup with international ACH payments, so there's an unfortunate delay there. Those funds are in transit and should either already be there or will be by tomorrow.
    [font=verdana][b][size=3][color=red]Are you familiar with [URL]MaxBounty.com[/URL] yet?[/color][/b][/size][/font][font=verdana][b][size=1][color=black]
    Over 120 merchants with CPA/CPS programs seeking affiliates
    Over 4500 network publishers seeking programs to advertise
    Earn $100 per merchant and 5% per affiliate on the second tier [/b][/color][/size][/font]

Payment arrived today I recommend maxbounty to everyone not only because they pay but also their support is great! Thanks.

Banned
    Maybe you could help me out JP. I have realized that Maxbounty is legitimate and that I am responsible for reporting my income myself.

What I am wondering now is if I am required to report my income to Canada since Maxbounty is located there. I asked this question in the "legal lounge" about a week ago and have yet to get a response.

Thanks for any info.

It's always best to get accounting advice from a professional, but myself - I've never heard of a requirement for non-Canadians to report their income to the Canadian gov't.
    [font=verdana][b][size=3][color=red]Are you familiar with [URL]MaxBounty.com[/URL] yet?[/color][/b][/size][/font][font=verdana][b][size=1][color=black]
    Over 120 merchants with CPA/CPS programs seeking affiliates
    Over 4500 network publishers seeking programs to advertise
    Earn $100 per merchant and 5% per affiliate on the second tier [/b][/color][/size][/font]

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread