Hope this question is in the right place. Sorry if it is not. I designed my website with frontpage and at the bottom right, it tells you how long your page will take to load in certain internet connections. But when I test my website it doesn't take as long as frontpage said it will. How reliable is that feature? Also to make my pages load faster(I think) I make large images a background image in a table cell. Sometimes I get complaints saying that images don't appear(Images that I have as a background image) I need some tips as to what I should do? I guess I should stop putting images as a background in table cells, but then my site will take longer to load(I think)
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    www.allstarkid.com

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    Load fine here pages don't seem tthat large in size

I may be wrong but isn't U Promise you highlight just anoother parasitic application to syphon away your earnings?

WW

Make a difference! Support your local Cancer Care providers.

You might want to look at what connection speed Front Page is basing its load time estimate. IN FP 2000 the default is 28.8, and I don’t know many people still using a 28.8 mode. And on the topic of Upromise, you might want to do a little reading in the Parasiteware forum:
    http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=cfrm...79&f=591608789

Jason
    “I get on my knees and pray, we don’t get fooled again!” – Who said that? I said that!

Is that right? Upromise is a parasite? I liked Upromise but if I find out that they are for sure a parasite, there coming off my site very quickly.

So does anyone else put a large image as a background in a table cell, to make your pages load faster?

ABW Ambassador
    1 less image might help, i would get rid of that trust e, i don't think you're a licensee.

I work in lounge pants . Looking for a sponsor, PM with offer.

Just Lurking
    Under IE 5.5 the graphic are screwed up, maybe your working it?

I think you maybe missing somethings in your privacy statement in regards to COPPA.

------------------------------
    "Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." - Gertrude Stein, American author (1874-1946).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by allstarkid:
    So does anyone else put a large image as a background in a table cell, to make your pages load faster?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Adding images will not speed up your download. Your site loads fine for me but I'm on cable. Are you trying to speed up your table load or are you trying to do something else and that's why you have the background image on your table?

No the reason I have the background image on my table, is because when I put the image as a background image in a table cell it made my load up time faster by 6secs in the frontpage feature that says how many seconds your site would take to load. Does anyone else do this?

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread