Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    Linkshare Customer Service Admits Reporting Failure
    Last night, I sent the following to Linkshare Customer Service:
    I have had no sales report for three days. For both [Merchant 1] and [Merchant 2], I
    receive multiple sales everyday. When will my reports be updated?
    This morning, I received this:
    I understand that your reports are not updated.

Which reports are you running?

I ran a sales and activity report on your account for this month and I see that your channel 'MY SITE' has xxx impressions, xxx clicks, xxx orders and $xxx worht of commissions so far. Kindly access the same report using Synergy Analytics to verify these details.

We recommend running all reports using Synergy Analytics as this a more accurate and detailed reporting interface.

To access Synergy Analytics, please click on the Synergy Analytics icon found at the bottom of the 'Reports' page.

To see an overview of Synergy Analytics data, please click here:
    https://analytics1.linksynergy.com/S...l.html#network

Please note that in order access this you must be logged into Synergy Analytics.

Thank you for contacting LinkShare!

K Angeles
    LinkShare.com Publisher Support
    I replied:
    I am running both a Product Success Report and an Individual Item Report. Neither has updated for 4 days. Since you said Sales and Activity has updated, I just checked and it hasn't either.

I am completely surprised and deserve an explanation as to why you are recommending SynergyAnalytics and not your regular reporting interface. You are admitting a severe failure in your system and I deserve an explanation.

SynergyAnalytics is down at this time. I cannot access it.
    Linkshare Moderator, why are we being told to access our reports through SynergyAnalytics and not through the regular reporting interface?

Thanks for your post!
    I didn't any see any transactions on my account either for the last three days. Now, I know the reason. I hope LS has posted a notice of this delay on its website.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    Last night, I sent the following to Linkshare Customer Service:

This morning, I received this:

I replied:

Linkshare Moderator, why are we being told to access our reports through SynergyAnalytics and not through the regular reporting interface?

ABW Ambassador
    It would be nice if I could check but the login page is down now.

ABW Ambassador
    There is a data delay notice up now. Linkshare Customer Service hasn't replied to my last response. I also finally got to SynergyAnalytics but it is only updated through 10/4.

I still want to know why we are being told to use SynergyAnalytics and not the regular reports.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    There is a data delay notice up now. Linkshare Customer Service hasn't replied to my last response. I also finally got to SynergyAnalytics but it is only updated through 10/4.

I still want to know why we are being told to use SynergyAnalytics and not the regular reports.
    I tried the new interface and found this notice, which may or may not be what you are referring to, but at least there is the hope of updating by tomorrow:

We are currently experiencing data delays. With the exception of Click, U1/Signature and Merchandiser, we expect data to be up to date by October 7 at 9:00AM ET (GMT -4). Click, U1/Signature and Merchandiser data will be updated by October 7 at 9:00 PM ET (GMT -4). Rest assured all of your clicks and sales will continue being tracked. Thank you for your patience.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

I can see some transactions through the new interface, but none in old interface.

In an email yesterday, LS customer service told me their plans to have the stats fixed today. On the bright side, perhaps the fact that we can't even login at the moment means that they're working on it?
    [I]Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.[/I] -Galatians 6:9

ABW Ambassador
    I doubt that dealing with the reporting issues is related to login problems. Linkshare has repeated login problems. They haven't been able to get it right for years.

Yeah...I doubt it too. Just my own wishful thinking that they were at least doing something! (Kind of stresses me out to go three or four days showing zero sales....)
    [I]Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.[/I] -Galatians 6:9

I called about an hour ago and was told it was an unplanned outage. Also told that the ETA for reports being up to date was 9pm tonight. But I see a message in the interface now saying 9am Oct 7 and 9pm Oct 7.

I was just able to log into the old interface but no new data is there yet.

I now have transactions showing in the old interface from where they left off on Oct 03 to this morning, Monday 06-OCT-2008 05:09.

ABW Ambassador
    I just checked 5 minutes ago and I do too.

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    I though the title read Linkshare Customer Service Admits Failure and I thought to myself, it's about time.

I have not seen any sales through my Linkshare account since the beginning of the month. I am literally sending over 100 unique visitors DAILY to pages on my domain that lead to only one Linkshare merchant. I always have tons of sales to this merchant, but now Linkshare says I have under 100 unique visitors for the MONTH.

This merchant told me last week that Linkshare is having major problems with tracking, and so were they. I am being made broke by problems that I have no control over. The economy and the financial crisis are bad enough, but to have your TRUSTED affiliate marketing companies also bleeding off the money is really discouraging.

Linkshare has not worked properly ever since they changed to the new login which must be tied to some other big changes they have made that are causing all my sales to disappear into the digital divide. I have contacted Linkshare support, but they don't believe me, and they have no answers for me.

I know what I know, but I work from my desktop and cannot prove it, but I have done this for 10 years and I know when something is wrong. I wish I could trust them like I used to be able to.

There usually is one way to prove if there are problems, that is to do a test purchase yourself and see if it tracks.

I have noticed the exact same thing. I have a merchant that has been converting extremely well for me for over 4 years now. Since last month I am still getting traffic but no sales.

I love your advice Cathy, making small purchase now.

Outsourced Program Manager
    We have a few Linkshare clients and the reporting has been updating sporadically since the first of the month, but it's still way off. They've given a few targets for when they expected it to be fixed but appear to have missed them. The good news is that they are capturing the transactions, they've just been unable to post them accurately. Hopefully the problem will be solved soon.
    [B]Mike Tabasso,[/B] [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Gen3 Marketing[/COLOR]
    E:mtabasso (at) Gen3Marketing (dot) com | P: 215.646.1869 | AIM: miketabasso
    <a href="http://www.gen3marketing.com" target="_blank">Gen3Marketing.com</a>

Hi Mike - Too bad I don't see my merchant on your list, but I am hoping it is the same problem anyway. Tracking but not reporting is ok but not tracking and not reporting is my fear at this point.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Affiliateoldguy, you should post the id of the merchant - other affiliates may or may be seeing the same thing, and if the merchant is having a tracking problem, rather than a posting problem, the rest of their affiliates need to know, and decide what action, if any, they need to take.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Sure it might be the merchant, but I have a really good relationship with them and I do not want to anger them by saying it is their fault. They told me that LS had tracking issues last week for sure, and that makes me think it has to be a LS problem.

By the way, I am seeing similar traffic levels to merchants on SAS and sales are plentiful on that network. As a 11 year veteran of this business, I see all the evidence pointing to a network issue, not a merchant issue. I know something is wrong, and I have already sent my links in for syntax verification, so it is not that.

I'm still seeing a delay in sales reporting even though they've taken down the notice. Impressions and clicks show up the next day but it can be 2, 3, or sometimes 4 days before the sales populate in the reports. If CJ can update transactions hourly, why does it take days on LS?

If you're spending a lot of money on PPC, that's a long time to wait to see if an offer is converting or not where on other networks you know almost instantly.

Hello and welcome back, Sorry to here about linshare problem, but as you know linkshare is going though a server update and I have had to problems running the linkshare. It might not be linkshare at all, did you try to get the new enternet explore 8, I believe the new link share cookies are change to except the new enternet explore 8. try downloading that software program and tell me did it make a different in.

ABW Ambassador
    Linkshare reports finally became current earlier this week but it appears that they are not updating again. Nothing reported for me this morning (yesterday's sales). Anyone else?

It's just that sales are posting slowly.

I'm probably one of the worst statsaholic's on the board, so I'd notice any weird trends.

For the last few days, what I've seen is that by 8:00 pm EST (when the day closes on the LS reports) my reports show less than half the units sold than I would've expected. But en miraculously by morning, a regular amount of sales appear when I run the individual item report on the previous day.

My suggestion is that you run an individual item report on the day before yesterday's reports using the OLD interface (Not Synergy Analytics).

Hope this helps!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast