Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2008
    when you are in business, what you learn about the average person
    i was reading this article about the palin debate and this jumped out at me:

    "In another experiment, Simons stopped people on the street and asked for directions. Halfway through the answer, he arranged for two men carrying a door to walk between him and the person giving the answer. After the door passed by, Simons was gone -- and one of the people carrying the door was standing in his place. Half the time, people did not notice the person they were talking to had changed."

    it just reinforces the notion that most, 90% of people just breeze through life, not particularly focused one one particular subject or the other. the most important things could be paying the mortgage and the kids grades, other things may just not be important to them, they procrastinate, dont pay attention to detail, do what is intuitive and quick, etc.

    its interesting what you learn about this human behavior. the reasons behind why some people dont uncheck a crossell on a signup form, making price points an off #s (rather than 29.99, make it 28.57/mo., to make it blend in with other purchases that had the tax added, or making 40.00 charges ATMbill, etc), even the basic rebilling model, on a site membership purchase.

    i always believed tha skill or rhetoric was the most valuable one you could acquire. You can see this with politicians soundbites every day, I remember somebody on some board posting some time back something like 90% of people are sheep. But watch out for the other 10%"

  2. #2
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Nunya, Business
    "But watch out for the other 10%"

    That's Boomers!! run while you can, duck and cover, stop drop and roll

  3. #3

    Join Date
    June 7th, 2006
    Some of us just can't run fast enough.

  4. #4
    Full Member TerriFalcone's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 5th, 2008
    Many people do go through life on auto pilot and that is why a person who is able to be fully "present" is liable to have an edge on the other 90 percent. Knowing how many people, even people on these boards somehow don't take the time to focus on things like TOS should make those of us who run affiliate programs hyper-aware of getting a clear message across to affiliates.
    <a href=""><font color="#FF0000">Buzzy Multimedia Publishing Affiliate Program</font></a>--<a href=""><font color="#FF0000">SAS Sign-Up</font></a>
    7-15% Commision, 180 Cookies, Bonuses
    <a href="">Earn Buzzy Bucks Promoting Sci-Fi & Fantasy Audio Books and Wicked Cool T-Shirts</a>

  5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: June 3rd, 2014, 03:29 AM
  2. Learn how to optimize your business
    By Victoria B in forum Midnight Cafe'
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: November 14th, 2010, 10:38 AM
  3. Learn to Grow Your Affiliate Business: RSVP August 28, 2009!
    By Affiliate Eagle in forum Andy Rodriguez Consulting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: August 24th, 2009, 03:53 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: July 29th, 2009, 07:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts