Since 1996 when I started the online portion of my business TODAY I deserve a congratulations.

I have my very first FRAUD order.

Total Amount: $2,572.00
    I was supposed to send it to:
    banjul, ZZ 00220
    GM

Fraud is just so rampant isn't it? At least a good third of the transactions have got to be stolen credit cards right?

how about the big big order from Nigeria that brings you a good-look cashier's check, only it is more than expected but that's OK the sender says just send the difference somewhere else.

the check is, of course, no good and the bank comes looking for their money in a few weeks.

_____
    I earned something? Who screwed up?

Does that mean my commission will be reversed ?

Get them all the time. But some at least email first and ask if I will accept their credit card over the phone. They of course need the order rushed , but promise me it will be a large one to make it worth my while. ( how nice ) The minute I tell them international orders require a bank wire transfer , but I will give them a nice discount for the inconvenience , I never hear back. Except once. He was REALLY some shiek , who not only sent the wire , but wound up making a large custom order for his "army"

Toledo Swords - Collectible Heirloom Armory
    http://www.toledoswords.com

Forget reversals

My concern is putting that money back before I get a charge back. Damn people have no idea how difficult it can be to save your merchant account. Most banks only allow a percentage for charge backs and a $2000+ order could hurt. I went ahead and credited the account, while I wait for chase to deposit in my account.

People have no clue!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cinst:
    Except once. He was REALLY some shiek , who not only sent the wire , but wound up making a large custom order for his "army"
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok. Just had to mention that this is by far the oddest affiliate experience I've heard of yet! Kinda' cool though.

I had a $5,000 order reversed at 10% commission a couple of months back, turns out that the customer was in Indonesia where I don't think anyone has their own credit cards, they just "borrow" them from others.

________
    "All your commission are belong to us." - Slimeware Corporation

Has anyone EVER had a legit order from Indonesia?

There MUST be some honest Indonesians on the internet.

Any ABW'ers from Indonesia ?

Toledo Swords - Collectible Heirloom Armory
    http://www.toledoswords.com

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread