How to display products on my website?
    Hello Friends,
    I would like to display products on my website from differnt online stores. I am already registered member of cj.com. or is ther anyone who can provide me code to download data feed provided by cj.com and display that on my website? or is ther any other method of displaying products on my website efficiently without any manual time consuming. Pls answer my queries and help me

Thank you

I assume you are an advertiser/merchant and not a publisher. that being said, I would recommend logging into your account, under contact us, pick from the drop down list "request a product catalog/feed".

if you are a publisher, then i'm not sure. but if you are indeed a merchant, then by doing so, you'll receive all the neccessary info from cj on how to make product catalogs.

http and a telephoto
    Check out Popshops.com

And in each merchant under view links you will see a variety of link choices, if they have a datafeed you will see a way to search the products and get the links for individual products. Within CJ there is not a way to "make a page" of product links from different merchants automatically. You either need to do it manually or request access to datafeeds that you download and manage yourself on your site. CJ charges for datafeeds, fyi.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Hi Kinpan,

Defintiely contact your active merchants and see if they have any "page creators" or tools for you.

PopShops, per the above suggestion, is really wonderful! For the basic (free) service, you simply sign up and type in keywords relative to the page(s) you wish to create. Click into your active merchants and their products will render. Drag and drop, customize and plunk in. Plus, if you ever need to make changes, you do it in popshops and you never have to repost the code! It's dynamic, so as product goes in/out of stock, so will your product pages.

AffSolutions.com - this is a very popular tool as well. Through a series of dropdowns and keyword searches, you can dictate what the page will render, how many rows, columns, fonts, etc... Again you'll want to ask your merchants if they offer this tool. It's nice because there is no dragging and dropping or choosing, you just do the query, plunk it in and it auto updates as inventory moves in/out of stock.

So Popshops is probably for someone who wants more control over what is shown. And AffSolutions is for someone who desires a fire and forget type solution with less emphasis on exactly what renders and where. Regardless, these tools are only as good as the data feeds that "feed" them - so urge your merchants to provide good data from the beginning. You are their front line, so they'll be open to your thoughts!

To find if a Merchant has products for you to pull HTML for, locate them in CJ, click "View Products" and further refine your search in the search box. If the merchants has less than 1000 products, all products will render.

Hope this helps, have fun! ~K

Well Thanks for the response
    Hey,
    I have gone through lot of research and i wonder when i see dealcatcher and slickdeals websites. How they are displaying those many products in that organised format? Even i think they are going for commision junction. But can anyone tel me how they are displaying products is that manually or is there any complicated programming and coding behind that?

Kinpan,

I certainly can't speak here with absolute certainty, but sites like dealcatcher, etc... most likely have spent a great deal of time and resources to code up a program that automates the product showcasing process. In an effort to differentiate from other affiliates, companies might hire or outsource or create their own technology to showcase products in a unique way. So that's probably what is going on with those sohpisticated "how do they do it?" type sites.

Tools like PopShops, affSolutions, GoldenCan, etc...are out there to help affiliates of all sizes and technical know-how to tap into merchant's products. Believe me, you can still be successful so hang in there! ~K

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread