Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Would appreciate any feedback that can be offered on our new datafeed.

Soon to be available at Shareasale ( when they get around to uploading it ) or directly on site at:

http://www.loveleaf.net/sword/af_ideas.html

As I am not that savy I used the SAS requirements plus added a few extra fields so far as suggested by an ABW affiliate. Other tips , suggestions , how-to's , would be helpful.

Thanks,

Cliff

Toledo Swords - Collectible Heirloom Armory
    http://www.toledoswords.com

Cliff,

Where is your data feed?

I hit that link you provided and scrolled forever and was a bit ticked, I expected to see a feed download or a link to inform me how to upload. I viewed all kinds of STUFF. Damn.

Why would I care about an Affiliate Masters Course, give us some credit, I am actually offended.

Next: How to Get Banners and Links.
    Danm where is that data feed

Text Links:
    Ok you have now pissd me off; I do not want to read through all that stuff I clicked to get a data feed. What the heck is going on?

What I wrote is my thoughts as I clicked, and to tell you the truth it will take a serious act to get me to click your site again. My time is your money and mine, if you waste it I will likely not waster my time on you again.

Use your options to get our attention with great discretion, if you do not you will spend the rest of your time convincing us to try you again.

I hope this helps! MAD still did not see a feed option!

Ok , this is what I am looking for. Feedback of all kinds.

I just created a page with ONLY

Link to datafeed on it:

http://www.loveleaf.net/sword/datafeed.html

I will keep it on the Affiliate Help and Idea page also , as it is a tool affiliates of ALL levels should be aware of.

Thanks for feedback,

Cliff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SandraR:
    I am actually offended....

Use your options to get our attention with great discretion, if you do not you will spend the rest of your time convincing us to try you again. ...

I hope this helps! MAD still did not see a feed option!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am sorry if I offended you. I am NOT trying to get your attention to convince you to try the TS program. If you do , you do , if you don't , you don't. That will come later. What I AM trying to do is learn to be the best online Sales Manager I can be and provide my sales force with the options they need and require so that they can make the most amount of money with the least amount of work they have to do.

Learning and feedback ARE what this forum is about , at least that is what I thought. I have spent the last 2 weeks , 24/7 , creating individual product pages and the datafeed as requested by an ABW'er affiliate SSanf . Hopefully what I have done has met her needs , but I am looking for feedback on what other needs have to be met.

This is a learning process for me. I have been very successful in the B&M world , but have never been in a position as a sales manager in the cyber world. I look to ABW members to "mold" me to what they expect , hope for and wish from a sales manager and merchant. To the best of my ability I try and have responded to these suggestions. What abilities I don't have , I try to learn from the members here.

I thought the logical place for the datafeed link was on the Affiliate Help page. But I also see your point and have placed it on a seperate page also. I DO APPRECIATE your comment. It is something I wouldn't have thought of.

A thousand heads are better than one. That is what ABW is about.

Cliff

Hi Cinst

Just joined up at SAS (thought you were on Commission Junction...)

Will have some pages up soon

Action Jackson - King of the World
    Despite what Sandra said I did download the aff book and can't wait to read it

I also downloaded the feed and will look at it tomorrow

Jack Mitchell
    http://jacksretail.com

Cliff, Glad to see you changed your mind on the datafeed. I see that the feed is actually an excel spreadsheet. Any thoughts on making it an actual datafeed and putting it in a text format?

Chris

----------------------------
    <FONT SIZE=1>ezDatafeed.com - Merchants - Give your affiliates your datafeed outside the networks, without cost to the affiliate. Check out ezDatafeed.com for more information.
    Scriptsforyoursite.com - Featuring datafeed import scripts for Backcountry Store, Coldwater Creek, Mondera.com and many more.....</font>

Your feed looks good except for one thing I noticed right off the bat. You need to have category and subcategories that are names and not numbers. Also the version I looked out had all items in cat 10 and the subcat was all the same as well.

The cats and subcats provide a logical way to break up the site and make it browsable by the consumer.

Bsnrjones

Goal: $10,000/month by 12/04

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Hopefully what I have done has met her needs <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, the $25.40 for only one sale yesterday will help meet my needs.

I can't wait until the actual pages get indexed in google.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

Farewell, CJ! I loved you when you were young and pure. I will try to remember you that way. Disclaimer: Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    *dream-like thought balloon*

Imagines Ssanf's viewers with big battle swords in the woods wearing their favorite ceremonial "suits" re-enacting epic historical battles ala England vs. Scotland...
    Remembers seeing daggers on Toledo Sword site, too...

*pop* *darnit* *imaginary scene dissolves suddenly*

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SSanf:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Hopefully what I have done has met her needs <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, the $25.40 for only one sale yesterday will help meet my needs.

I can't wait until the actual pages get indexed in google.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    SSanf ,

The bad news is you are not getting the $25.40 commission.

The good news is ABW members are entitled to a 50% commission increase above the normal rate. ( see offer under Exclusive Offers thread ) And since we have a MULTITUDE of PM's between us , I took the liberty of increasing your rate. Even though you took a couple days to make that first sale.

Now that I have time I will start posting more products.

BTW - Did Brian ever credit you the $100 referral commission ?

Get those pages indexed so we can both make a pile of money.

All the Best,

Cliff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Radegast:
    Hi Cinst

Just joined up at SAS (thought you were on Commission Junction...)

Will have some pages up soon<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am on CJ , but some ABW'ers who shall remain nameless ( SSanf ) also insisted that I run a concurrent program at SAS. And since the sales force are the "real" bosses , I had to obey. SAS does offer some advantages over CJ. So now you have a choice.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jackson992:
    Despite what Sandra said I did download the aff book and can't wait to read it

I also downloaded the feed and will look at it tomorrow

Jack Mitchell
    http://jacksretail.com<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Download the others too. They are free. Not bad reading either. I reference them quite a bit , just never have the time to follow all the advice.

But I understood Sandra's point , all she wants is the facts , no distractions , so that's why I immediately set up a page for the download only. Just like some people prefer CJ over SAS and visa versa , choclate over vanilla , etc. I try to accomodate. Even the site's visitors want a choice it seems. Some prefer the expensive handcrafted swords , others prefer the machine made imports. So one of the next projects is to offer more variety to the customer's ( also increases sales and commisions earned )

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cditty:
    Cliff, Glad to see you changed your mind on the datafeed. I see that the feed is actually an excel spreadsheet. Any thoughts on making it an actual datafeed and putting it in a text format?

Chris

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Chris ,

Yes we talked for hours on the phone. Eventually will get everything done. With your help and others. The excel sheet is what SAS required , and with my limited ability , was able to handle. The techie stuff I will need your help with. Right now trying to get things done in order with only 24 hours in a day. I think the next most important task is to double then triple the selection on site.

Give my best to your mom.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bsnrjones:
    Your feed looks good except for one thing I noticed right off the bat. You need to have category and subcategories that are names and not numbers. Also the version I looked out had all items in cat 10 and the subcat was all the same as well.

The cats and subcats provide a logical way to break up the site and make it browsable by the consumer.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cliff,

Sorry to be such a grump, but at 3:00 am I start getting cranky and when I see a merchant offering a feed I immediately jump on it. I was so disappointed to not see it after you stated you had one.

What a beautiful feed, I will have to agree with "Bsnrjones" we need categories. Your program looks wonderful.

Concerning you’re in-house and network program:
    I agree with merchants that provide a program in-house and network associated, if anything goes wrong you can always invite your affiliates to go in house.

Back to not being a grouch until 3:00am

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bsnrjones:

Bsnrjones

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The category numbers are what SAS requires. Basically , 10 is gifts 82 is collectible.
    I can add a column that categorizes the products by type, ie. rapier , historical , sabers , japanese swords , etc. if that is what you mean. Let me know , and will do.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cinst:
    I am on CJ , but some ABW'ers who shall remain nameless ( SSanf ) also insisted that I run a concurrent program at SAS. And since the sales force are the "real" bosses , I had to obey. SAS does offer some advantages over CJ. So now you have a choice.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    That's good. I'm trying to persuade CJ to re-instate my account since they pulled the plug on Saturday - so SAS is better for me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Leader:

Remembers seeing daggers on Toledo Sword site, too...
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes Leader we have daggers , and pocketknifes , and hunting/fishing knives .... As well as some really big swords!
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what I thought when I moved to the Virgin Islands ( then I made the mistake of connecting to the internet )

Cliff,

WARNIGN! WARNING! WARNIGN!

What’s up with that freepop DAMN thing took up my entire screen I had to alt tab to get to my computer. NOT GOOD Now I have to Ctrl Alt Delete to get to my task manager to close that DAMN thing.

The freepop is your stuff, you need to fix that pop-up, and actually I got hit with 3 popups when I opened your front page to view it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SandraR:
    Cliff,

Sorry to be such a grump, but at 3:00 am I start getting cranky and when I see a merchant offering a feed I immediately jump on it. I was so disappointed to not see it after you stated you had one.

What a beautiful feed, I will have to agree with "Bsnrjones" we need categories. Your program looks wonderful.

Concerning you’re in-house and network program:
    I agree with merchants that provide a program in-house and network associated, if anything goes wrong you can always invite your affiliates to go in house.

Back to not being a grouch until 3:00am <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sandra,

No apologies necessary. My wife says I have been grouchy for three months now , ever since I got involved with this. ( lack of sleep and nooky does that to you )

Since as an affiliate I could never figure out how to use a datafeed , making one is new to me as I have no practical experience to draw on. The core columns are what Shareasale requires. SSanf suggested the others , ie. individual product pages and especially the date added and expired columns to make it easy to add and delete. As for categories , as I posted above , just tell me how you want it broken down. Should I also tell what url has that category ? Example: daggers can be a category , would you also want the dagger landing page ?

At the present I don't have an organized in-house program. Just the 2 concurrent network programs. One at CJ , the other at SAS. A few "supers" and I are working on an "off network" program. It is a hybrid of affiliate selling and ecommerce. Involves a little more work but the payoffs are higher for the partner and minimum volume is guaranteed to me.

I told you a thousand heads are better for ideas than one.

Get some sleep , I am going to try.

All the Best,

Cliff

Cliff,

WARNIGN! WARNING! WARNIGN!

What’s up with that freepop DAMN thing took up my entire screen I had to alt tab to get to my computer. NOT GOOD Now I have to Ctrl Alt Delete to get to my task manager to close that DAMN thing.

The freepop is your stuff, you need to fix that pop-up, and actually I got hit with 3 popups when I opened your front page to view it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have NO pop-ups at the TS site. None , zip , zero. ( at loveleaf.net I do but NOT at TS ) Please let me know what you are seeing. Is someone attacking site already?

PLEASE LET ME KNOW

Has ANYONE else seen any pops at the Toledo Swords site? Please let me know some details as I don't have any there.
    THANKS

[This message was edited by cinst on November 03, 2003 at 11:26 AM.]

Cliff,

I went to the home page loveleaf.net; I wanted to see what was up with the entire domain. My pop-up stopper worked overtime on that site, that DANG full screen pop-up is the killer.

As for the feed setup everyone is different. This is the one I use no matter what people send/provide me.

ADVERTISER/CATEGORY|BRAND|NAME|DESCRIPTION|SALES_PRICE|PRICE|THMB_IMAGEURL|IMAGEURL|IMPRESSION_IMAGE|BUYURL|CAT_TEMPLATE|KEYWORDS

Hope this helps!

Sandra,

You had me scared for a second. Thought someone was overwriting pops to the TS site. Yes the LoveLeaf.net site has pops , ( just use the Alt-F4 key to close as it states in pop ) You can't get from the Toledo Swords site to the loveleaf site , unless you type in the url like you did. ( That will teach you - curiosity pop'ed the cat )

ADVERTISER=Toledo Swords I guess

CATEGORY: would daggers, rapiers , japanese swords etc suffice?

BRAND- If not Toledo Swords - I put in description or name where allowed

|NAME|DESCRIPTION|SALES_PRICE|PRICE|
    THMB_IMAGEURL|IMAGEURL|- have

IMPRESSION_IMAGE - What is this?

BUYURL - have the product page url presently - should I add the category page url also since they can buy there too ?

CAT_TEMPLATE - what is this?

KEYWORDS - have , but all same for now - should I customize to each?
    SAS uses keywords for affiliates to search for products. I am limited to characters and generalized

at:

http://www.loveleaf.net/ts/fac.html

have all the keywords I use at the search engines listed - but there are lots more I am sure. List is at BOTTOM of page - so don't complain , you are forewarned.

Thanks ,

Cliff

My boo boo for not explaining it better:

ADVERTISER/CATEGORY never changed it from my template as I know what it is but it should be:

CATEGORY/SUBCATEGORY
    Swords/18" blah sword
    Knives/Dagger
    Knives/Pig Stickers

BRAND
    Toledo Brand (more fodder for the engines I make it invisible some people may want to use it)

NAME
    The Pig Sticker 2003

DESCRIPTION
    The Pig Sticker 2003 is by far the best pig sticker int he world!

SALES_PRICE (no$ I use this if I want to change a site daily or weekly)

PRICE

THMB_IMAGEURL
    Small one

IMAGEURL
    Big One

IMPRESSION_IMAGE
    If you use image tracking

BUYURL
    Landing page or cart url

CAT_TEMPLATE
    Thats so if I want to have a tempalte for a specific category, nothing you need.

KEYWORDS
    pigs, stikers, eat more bacon

(PC Stuff: I appologize to any pig I am offending)

Ok , thanks for explanation. Understand all except for:

IMPRESSION_IMAGE
    If you use image tracking

Since I use cj and shareasale to track , what will be considered the IMPRESSION_IMAGE ?

Cliff

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast