Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    http://www.wired.com/news/technology...,61010,00.html

I certainly don't want to feel like a common criminal when I enter a country. Sod that for a joke.

Jimmy James Inc. fan club membership # 3312

"But Jimmy had fancy plans, and pants to match"

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> A person whose fingerprints or photos raise questions would not be turned away automatically. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    A lot of people would see this as a serious breach of privacy I think.. I have no doubt it'd seriously affect tourism and even business travel... which would then have people in practically every industry losing more and more money.

Terrorist acts are uncommon here but very common abroad. We have been insolated for a long time, probably due simply to distance and opportunity.

If anything, foreigners are probably more understanding of the need for this sort of thing. They've had more first hand experience than we have and more of them have been the victom's of terrorist acts.

After all, it protects them as well as us.

SJohnson@NO_Spam_ClickMagazine.Net
    www.ClickMagazine.Net

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>If anything, foreigners are probably more understanding of the need for this sort of thing. They've had more first hand experience than we have and more of them have been the victom's of terrorist acts.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I find this a rather sweeping generalisation.

This whole thread is about generalizations.

One of the comments I heard time and time again by Europeans after 9/11 was the sentiments of my post.

This is an every day occurrance in some parts of the world. But I don't recall reading about any terrorist attacks in Australia.

Although there were plenty of Aussies that were killed in the 9/11 attacks, among a lot of other nationalities.

www.ClickMagazine.Net

IMHO, this is the very reason the current events board was killed. Let's all keep this board on track and not bring personal politics in. Let's help eachother achieve, not get into personal squabbles. just my opinion,

-gray day
    "Cookies? Cookies? We don't need no stinkin cookies!" - Parasite X
    Don't let'em take ya'

Ditto GrayDay,

This Board has been a bit too angry lately, everyone needs to take a drink and chill out!

Not sure what all the stress is about but this is the second time in 1 week that Haiko has had to close a thread, time for everyone to take a breath and think before they post!

ABW Ambassador
    I think the only tourism it's going to kill is visits by people we'd rather not have anyway.

The more difficult it becomes for terrorists to travel, the safer travel becomes and the more people will be comfortable with travel.

Hey, take down all the screening that has been put in place the past thirty years and see what happens to air travel. Havana would become the busiest airport in the western hemisphere and the planes would be arriving there with crew and one passenger.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> This is an every day occurrance in some parts of the world. But I don't recall reading about any terrorist attacks in Australia. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Are you kidding me? Do you hear about anything occuring anywhere? Does Bali ring a bell? Yeah there were Aussies in the 9/11 attacks, but there were mostly Aussies killed in the Bali bombings...
    As for <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I think the only tourism it's going to kill is visits by people we'd rather not have anyway. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I'm just stunned by that remark.

ABW Ambassador
    I personally would not mind having this check (although I would certainly resent the extra waiting), but many tourists will be offended by this and likely not to go back to US again.

This will not kill foreign tourism.

Sandra: I agree. We need less anger and more parties!

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here
    ---------
    Beware Parasiteware! It is stealing your money!
    [What is Parasiteware? click here to learn more]

ABW Ambassador
    It wouldn't stop me from traveling anywhere.

(except Australia, those people seem like real hotheads )

Well, since it's here I am going to put in my two cents and probably piss some people off. But, I tell it as I see it, that won't stop.

I think it's a good thing. The USA is at war with terrorism and a main target of terrorists because of it. About time we know who is coming in over here.

They need to do something to strengthen the borders too. To many illegal crossing the borders that we need to keep tabs on as far as I am concerned. Plus, it is costing us taxpayers megabucks to take care of the millions of illegals through health care, welfare etc. Just saw a clip of that on the news.

Remember 9/11? I certainly do, it wasn't long before that I was working there.It really did hit home.

It's the privacy issues here at home I am a little concerned about...

So if people don't like it and don't want to come here or come back from this inconvenience, I say, so-be-it. We will survive. We have to keep those wanting to kill us and our children out of here the best we can.

<font color=blue size="1">"The most successful con artist will have you believing he is the most ethical person you will ever know."</font>

ABW Ambassador
    We really should keep current events out of this forum. It proves that there are a lot of people who have opinions, but have no idea what they are talking about.
    I am amazed at some of the posts that appear in current events threads.
    A lot of people really have no idea what they are talking about, but they voice their narrow minded opinions anyway.
    This is why there should not be a current events area to this forum

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cjshoppingnetwork:
    It proves that there are a lot of people who have opinions, but have no idea what they are talking about.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You see that too huh, isn't it maddening.

What makes me laugh most is when people go back and continue to read what they don't like and then ***** about it and act as if they know what they are talking about.

<font color=blue size="1">"The most successful con artist will have you believing he is the most ethical person you will ever know."</font>

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> It wouldn't stop me from traveling anywhere.
    (except Australia, those people seem like real hotheads ) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Moron

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SandraR:
    Ditto GrayDay,

This Board has been a bit too angry lately, everyone needs to take a drink and chill out!

Not sure what all the stress is about but this is the second time in 1 week that Haiko has had to close a thread, time for everyone to take a breath and think before they post!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you are pouring, I'll be drinking.

IamJaloppy

So someone doesn't like having their picture taken? I say tough. I like the program. With the freedoms that folks enjoy here (especially compared with other places), getting your picture taken is the least you have to worry about.

If you don't like getting your picture taken, and are worried about being turned away - then stay away.

Fred

You might just be a Redneck if - Birds are attracted to your beard...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SamyT:
    [QUOTE] This is an every day occurrance in some parts of the world. But I don't recall reading about any terrorist attacks in Australia. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Are you kidding me? Do you hear about anything occuring anywhere? Does Bali ring a bell? Yeah there were Aussies in the 9/11 attacks, but there were mostly Aussies killed in the Bali bombings...

Yes, dear, that's why I said "IN" Australia. Did Bali relocate to Australia? I was speaking about where the attacks happen.

If the Bali attack happened in your backyard you would have a different opinion.

Do you even have a passport? Have you traveled outside your country? Customs is not fun nor is it fast. The whole point of customs is to verify that the person entering is the person they say they are and that they have a legit reason for entering your country.

Look at Americans. We didn't care all that much until 9/11, but we should have. And maybe if we HAD taken terrorists more seriously, 9/11 would never have happened.

www.ClickMagazine.Net

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> If the Bali attack happened in your backyard you would have a different opinion. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Do you know where Bali even is? It IS in our backyard, WHY do you think there were so many Australians there?!!

Yes, I know where Indonesia is which is where Bali is located.

It is NOT Australian SOIL.

They did not enter Australia and set off bombs.

www.ClickMagazine.Net

ABW Ambassador
    I don't hear people *****ing about having to carry a passport when they travel. So what's the hangup with photos and fingerprints (unless you carry a forged passport).

ABW Ambassador
    One thing is clear: it does not prevent USA from terrorism. It is useless and only for the reassurance of people and helps politicians to get reelected.
    I personally would have nothign against such things, when it is assured that all my datas were swept after I got green light from the system. I don't want the " big brother" having all my private datas. Keeping datas should be a crime too.

carneol

Guys...let's keep this political stuff out of ABW. There are plenty for forums out ther in which to express your opinion supporting this that or the other, but this is not one of them.

All I want to hear about is affiliate marketing. In fact, give this one a try (NOT an endorsement, I found it through google searching for "politic discussion boards"):

http://www.whistlestopper.com/

We've gone through this ocne before when the current events section was closed. I recommend that the moderators close this thread asap before it gets out of hand.

Erik

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    >The whole point of customs is to verify
    >that the person entering is the person they
    >say they are and that they have a legit
    >reason for entering your country.

No, the whole point of customs is tax collection.

I guess you're talking about immigration?

A LOT of people chose thie holiday destination on which one DOESN'T require a visa applied for in advance and one that doesn't insist on fingerprinting at the border.

If you think all those rich Europeans are going to put up with this sort of treatment just for a week in the sun in Florida, you're badly mistaken. They'll go elsewhere.

Watch US tourism fall off rapidly when the fingerprinting starts.

Dog bless the land of the "patriot" act.

Jimmy James Inc. fan club membership # 3312

"But Jimmy had fancy plans, and pants to match"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast