Has anyone received their September check from Ebay yet? I am affiliate through befree but their board is deader than a doornail. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

eBay payments are sent out via Commission Junction in aggregate (with all commissions earned from other programs) on the 20th of each month. Publishers that had a balance of $25 or greater were paid yesterday.

I do not know how BF handles commission payments for eBay. I suggest you contact BeFree or eBay (ebayaffiliates@befree.com).

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

Hi Todd. Thanks for the quick reply. I think I may have made a very big mistake in signing up with BeFree. Believe it or not, things are so screwed up over there that I have still not received my ebay earnings for September or October. I take it from your reply that everything is running smoothly with Ebay/CJ.

ABW Ambassador
    No, they're not running smoothly at CJ. Please refer to the eBay Leads thread in this forum. eBay is a joke of a company to be affiliated with, no matter which network.

I finally received a response to a couple emails from ebay (via CJ's messaging service) and they won't take responsibility for poor tracking. They say it's CJ's fault. Todd? what do you say?
    I think I already know your answer...

Todd, when will you answer my PM??

Supras | Celicas

ABW Ambassador
    I agree ebay is not "fun".. though some seem to have very good luck with them. In any case I just wanted to say that my personal experience has been that while ebay is not "great" anywhere, ebay @ CJ is >> ebay @ BF.

fwiw.

personal experience only..

--
    ...only in the affiliates interest...
    The Newer Nicer Joseph [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Celicaphile and Joseph, thanks for your inputs. I'm just at wit's end with befree/ebay. Unfortunately we have put so much time and effort into putting hundreds of specific ebay links on our site that taking them off would be counter-productive for us at this point.

I seem to be getting nowhere with the people from BeFree. Does anyone have contact information for someone in charge of the affiliate program at ebay?

ABW Ambassador
    People have only pointed me to affiliates@ebay.com, but I have yet to receive any kind of response from contacting them via that address...

Supras | Celicas

Well if you haven't gotten any response from the affiliates@ebay.com address, I guess I won't even try that one. I called eBay's main switchboard number this morning and asked to speak to someone in the Affiliate Program Department. I was told that there wasn't a number available for them. As far as I'm concerned that's bull____.

The person I spoke with gave me the email address cswebform@ebay.com to use to contact them. I sent them an email this morning. I'm not real optimistic about getting a quick response, but you never know.

I own a small business, and I provide great customer service. If there is a problem with anything, I get it taken care of ASAP.

These guys need to take a class in Business 101. They are going to shoot themselves in the foot. If they don't get their tracking system fixed and become more responsive to affiliate concerns they will start losing affiliates if they haven't already.

I like ebay. It gives me a false sense of security when I see those leads come in each day, then once a month I go through severe depression when they all get reversed. But hey, that's just one day a month of depression, right? Just think of all those other days of the month when it makes me so happy.
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

Every day is a chance to learn something new and a opportunity to teach someone else.

ABW Ambassador
    Do you honestly think they care about affiliates? Or customers? They don't have a phone number listed on their site, because if they did, they'd know they would have thousands of calls a day & they don't want to spend the extra money for a phone center or to outsource operators...
    And if they were to lose all of their affiliates, they'd still be the biggest online auction/marketplace & they know it... & worst of all, they don't care...

Supras | Celicas

Well, Celicaphile, thanks for your candor. I hope you're not right about their total lack of concern, but you probably are. How depressing.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread