Find Out which products were sold in CJ
    Hi:
    I want to find out which products are driving sales through my CJ merchants. I am earning commission, but don't which products are resposnible.
    (n.b. I do NOT have any e-bay links).
    I know that this can be done somehow using API - but I am not a programmer. Does anyone know of software that can identify these product names?

Thanks a bunch.
    KJ

This is possible in CJ, but only if the merchant supplies that data with the conversion info that they report to CJ.

If you look at the transaction report and click the "detail" link way over to the right, the products will be shown there if the merchant provides it.

Or if you are looking at a performance report by advertiser, click on the link in the 'items' column and you'll get a full list of the products.

BuyCostumes, for example provides product level data...

Click for full size - Uploaded with plasq's Skitch

ABW Ambassador
    I'm not seeing it. Is that if you use product links? I see a detail link all the way to the right and when I click it - Item Based Action History, I can see a SKU number but that's about it. And I tried with BuyCostumes.

oops, sorry, I tried to change the image to one that had an example of a sku with no data and it got clobbered.

here's another...

Click for full size - Uploaded with plasq's Skitch
    Last edited by sjangro; October 7th, 2008 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    I'm not seeing it. Is that if you use product links? I see a detail link all the way to the right and when I click it - Item Based Action History, I can see a SKU number but that's about it. And I tried with BuyCostumes.
    I don't think it has anything to do with product links, though that's what I'm using.

As you can see in my second image, I get some products with skus and nothing else. maybe you got one like that coincidentally

I have never seen individual products listed in a CJ report; this is news to me.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

BuyCostumes.com does feed products through the pixel. So not only is OID and Sale Amount passed, but the Product ID's are too! This is referred to as Item Based Tracking in CJ.com and the advertiser has to implement it. It's not automatic for every single advertiser. Glad you're thinking about it and interested in seeing the results!

You should definitely be able to run a Product Based Report. Step by step directions coming right up! I have them here somewhere...

BRB, ~Kristen / buycostumes.com

Below is the way a publisher is able to pull performance reporting for products:
    (Remember, the advertiser has to have this type of product level information implemented.)

Click Run Reports
    Click into Performance Reports tab
    Drop down to Run Performance Report by Advertiser (right hand side of page)
    Select Time Period
    Generate Report

This will bring up performance reporting by advertiser with the following information:

Commissions (USD)

Sale Amount (USD)

Items

Sales

Leads

Clicks

Imps

CTR

CR

CPM

EPC (USD)

Next, click on the number of Items for the Advertiser. You will be able to see what products were sold. The following items will be shown:

Item ID

Item Name

Product Category

Advertiser

Commissions (USD)

Sale Amount (USD)

Items

Sales

Hope this helps, please let me know if you need any other information.

Thanks, ~Kristen at buycostumes.com

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks, I see it now and also see that information for some of my other top merchants.

I think I couldn't see it because I was still using the old reports -
    Access the former Performance Reports. (for a limited time)

That limited time message has been up for years now

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    I think knowing what products are selling is vital for affiliates.

Love that BuyCostumes.com has this feature implemented. Thank you Kristin!

Most of the merchants I'm seeing sales from don't have this information available. Too bad .... it helps us know what is selling and what our visitors are really looking for.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Affiliate Manager
    We were about to implement this but had to change our terms yet again so I put it off until early 2009. It looks even better from the aff side than I expected...maybe we should move it up our list.

The advertiser must have advanced pixel tracking place at CJ for the affiliate to be able to pull reports on which product sold. This advanced tracking provides the additional data of the item id and the item name to the affiliate. You can run product reports only if the advertiser has this advanced pixel tracking in place at CJ.

Hope this helps.
    Paula
    Affiliate Manager
    Avanquest Software
    720-251-4144
    [email=pcarlsen@avanquest.com]pcarlsen@avanquest.com[/email]

Products sold in CJ
    Thanks everyone for your responses. Hopefully I'll get to the point where I can actually help someone else.

Thanks again, Kerry.

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, this is good stuff. Hopefully more merchants take advantage of this. Was just going thru some more this morning. As an example, one of the computer merchants I get sales with, noticed one model is getting almost half my sales. And this is off of normal text links, kind of like what Amazon or Linkshare have going. It helps in spotting trends and to see what's selling.

wanted to add - Sometimes we get emails about new links and tracking code. Is that for this? In the past people have speculated that was more for the merchant but if it's for this, then that would be a good thing to mention is those emails.
    Last edited by Trust; October 8th, 2008 at 04:21 PM.

listed below is an example of how to detail which of your links are selling, but i understand you may be asking for different info such as a banner producing the sale of 3 items..which 3 right?

You can add an sid to the end of your links, to see what's what links are selling for you, using either a name or even a product number you choose.

simply add [?sid=my_product_code], not including the brackets just before the last " in your link becomes

then that field will be reported in your transaction detail report. I believe this works regardless of the advertiser, but there could be exceptions. to be safe stay away from exotics like & or ~ and a space is a deal killer, better yet ask CJ to be sure.

16. ABW Ambassador
    yes but what happenes when you send someone to a merchant adn the "sid" is for "acuvue" but he/she goes and buys armani sunglasses (or armani sunglasses AND acuvue lenses etc etc etc) thats why its good...sometimes you can spot very nice and good trends with such type of reports

ABW Ambassador
    "listed below is an example of how to detail which of your links are selling, but i understand you may be asking for different info such as a banner producing the sale of 3 items..which 3 right?"

Right, different info. I use sid whenever possible and most merchants have that available. But I like when someone can click a basic home page text link or something ike that, buy something and I can go into my reports and see exactly what.

These will list in your transaction reports as "Advanced Sale". I wish every merchant would provide the advanced details, it's such a valuable piece of data. CafePress are one of the ones that do.. good to learn that BuyCostumes do also.

I do use my SIDs like that mrb but quite often the person will buy more items than the one I specifically link to.

Affiliate Manager GlobalGolf-Amanda's Avatar
    I've sent Kristen an email to ask her how they implemented this - I'd love to eb able to offer it to our affiliates. But many AM's (myself included) will run you a products sold report on a monthly basis if you ask! We're always happy to help affiliates market better.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Amanda Moralis
    GlobalGolf.com | GolfShoesOnly.com | TaylorMadeGolfPreOwned.com
    [URL=https://signup.cj.com/member/brandedPublisherSignUp.do?air_refmerchantid=2132449]Join our affiliate program![/URL] | [URL=http://globalgolfaff.blogspot.com/]GlobalGolf & GSO Affiliate Blog[/URL] | [URL=http://feeds.feedburner.com/ggaffs/]Coupon Feed[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by GlobalGolf-Amanda
    But many AM's (myself included) will run you a products sold report on a monthly basis if you ask! We're always happy to help affiliates market better.
    Right on - if a company has marketing analytics, they can usually see what products are sold based on referring domain. So even if you're favorite advertiser doesn't have Item Based Tracking enabled, your AM's might have another way to get you product based info.

If any AM's want tips and knowledge about how to implement Item Based Tracking in CJ, please let me know. I'm more than happy to go over the process. It's quite in depth actually but I learned a ton. Could we schedule some time in November...? tee hee Thanks, ~K

Great Stuff I knew that with some merchants such as Buycostumes we could always get the Product SKU# and copy and paste it at their site to see what the item was but never knew of this report. Totally Awesome IMO and thanks for the info Kristen
    The Answer to the New York Tax Law - Repeal, REPEAL, REPEAL -

Camping Gear and Equipment

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread