Flash games shutting down laptop
    About three weeks ago my laptop began shutting down when the kids tried to play the games at the McDonalds web site. Now it is shutting down when they try to play the games at some other kids sites. They downloaded a game from Nick Arcade this weekend and it too will only play for a little while and then shut down. This is a total shut down, not a restart. What can I do to stop this? It didn't do this ever before.

Probably this is totally off base but I noticed that I picked up a virus about two weeks ago. That darn thing just took over and McAfee couldn't get, neither could any of the other things that I tried. So, I did a factory restore to wipe everything out. I thought maybe the shutting down issue might be due to lack of memory but it still is shutting down despite the clean slate. And doing so at even more sites.

bettylou,

Make sure you can feel some air coming from the fans of the cpu vents.
    I've seen them do this when they get to hot. and also if they are running on Battery and it gets low.
    Last edited by bobs-pcmall.com; October 7th, 2008 at 08:46 PM. Reason: spelling

I have always noticed that this laptop runs tremendously hotter that my old one. I put s (or Knex) under it to give it a little more air flow but still very hot. But it has always been hot and yeah, those sites do wipe out the battery quickly but it shuts down even when plugged in.

You can imagine how stressful this is to a 5-year-old when she has 9 of Barbie's nails polished and it shuts down with only one to go.

I know what you mean there. lol
    My old toshiba runs warm, but the new one runs hotter, but it has vista on it, which will probably come up missing really soon on it. The vista that is.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread