If I submit each individual page to the search engine (each every 45 days or so), will that penalize me in some way? Does it depend on the search engine I am submitting to? Would it be wise just to submit my main site once every 45 days and let the spiders do the rest?

Thanks in Advance!

<font color=blue size="1">"The most successful con artist will have you believing he is the most ethical person you will ever know."</font>

ABW Ambassador
    What search engine?

It's not worth 5 minutes of your time.

------------------------------
    "Beware the man who preaches respect for you but does not demonstrate it. Ask him to show his face before you bare your back to his blade." ~ George Hayduke

Is that a fact? I thought submitting to Inktomi did a pretty good job unless it was coincidence.

Anybody else have any opinions on this?

<font color=blue size="1">"The most successful con artist will have you believing he is the most ethical person you will ever know."</font>

ABW Ambassador
    Oh sorry. Inktomi rocks

Google as well, but "submitting" is not the proper way to submit. Submit by getting inbound links from other sites That'll do ya.

Pardon me I assumed Sorry about that. Usually when somebody says "submitting to search engines" "over and over" they are talking about submitting to Lycos and Altavista and countless other carcasses.

And no need to submit and resubmit to Inktomi; the spider will pass every 48 hours.

------------------------------
    "Beware the man who preaches respect for you but does not demonstrate it. Ask him to show his face before you bare your back to his blade." ~ George Hayduke

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    I am annoyed at Inktomi

First time submission where they say it takes 48 -72 hours to get listed.
    Submitted on 28th now the 3rd, Still shows as "processing"
    What a load o'****

WW

Make a difference! Support your local Cancer Care providers.

I had the same experience with Inktomi, last month.

I submitted via INeedHits. When nothing happened for awhile and I bugged them, they claimed they'd found a bug in the Inktomi software that had caused the delay, but never did explain what it was.

It took about 10 days before I finally got "processed."

I suppose in the big picture that amount of delay doesn't matter, but quick response was one of the reasons I went with them.

-- Mike

"Men travel faster now, but I do not know if they go to better things."
    -- Willa Cather

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    I used I need hits also
    will blast an e mail in the morning and ask I guess

WW

Make a difference! Support your local Cancer Care providers.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dirk:
    If I submit each individual page to the search engine (each every 45 days or so), will that penalize me in some way? Does it depend on the search engine I am submitting to? Would it be wise just to submit my main site once every 45 days and let the spiders do the rest?

Thanks in Advance!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Since you are from Earth I will reply to you now..

I was just use to do the same, submit each individual page to the search engine, but after I let the search engines find me, I'm doing better on some pages (I got about 300 pages on one site and it is not easy to be submitting one by one)

Now I'm on the top 10 on some search engines for FREE, just by not getting desperate and now I just playing the build the page now and google, msn and Inktomi will find me, I still have not paid for any key word jet and I'm OK, not that rich, but OK. (for now) I just waiting to see the outcome of cj and vc venture for now.

ABW Ambassador
    Patience is a virtue with submitting pages to the SE's. For Google, you don't really have to anything. Get a couple of good inbound links and you'll be all set in a month or two. For the other SE's, it can be a crap shoot - AV takes in half my site as does AllTheWeb, but Inktomi (which spiders EVERY page EVERY day - the free way - eating up my bandwidth in the process) never quite gets around to actually listing the site in their SERPS. Only have 200 pages of a 3300 page website in INK, and it's been that way for many months despite constant deep spidering by the INK spider.

Jim

Thanks for the helpful feedback everyone.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread