Warning: Don't Upgrade to AdWords Editor 6.5!
    This morning, when I loaded the Google AdWords Editor, I was prompted to upgrade to version 6.5, and I clicked OK. Big mistake.

Don't click "OK" to install the upgrade -- instead, exit AdWords Editor, and un-install the Google AdWords Editor (Start, All Programs, Google AdWords Editor, Uninstall), and then download and install the new version.

When I "upgraded," it didn't properly update files, so when I tried to load the new version, I got an error message; to cure the problem, I had to uninstall, and then delete two separate existing folders under C:\Documents and Settings\(My User Name)\ -- one under "Local Applications" and the other under "Application Data" -- the folders are named "Google AdWords Editor." After doing this, I was able to re-install and load AdWords Editor 6.5 (but I had to re-enter my account/login info, and of course re-download all client data).

I think this was the longest I've ever waited on hold for Google AdWords Support -- clearly, this is a known problem, and perhaps the upgrade will work properly tomorrow.

Thanks for the heads up. It is tempting to not install something new, because maybe, just maybe it works better, fast, easier, but it is actually worse. The other day, I was on the phone with my internet company trying to fix a problem I was having with the internet, when a window pops up "upgrade to IE 8.0." I told the man on the phone this and he said, "stop, don't do it, not a good idea." If he wasn't on the phone, I would have done it.

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread