CJ affiliate advertiser's new policy
    Just got this from revolveclothing.com. any thoughts on this?

REVOLVEClothing has initiated a new policy regarding links to our website through user generated content.

It is hereby banned for any company to alter user generated content to initiate tracking from commission junction so that commissions may be earned on such content.

Note that this effectively means we should not ever see a CJ tracking link directing to our website from content that was submitted by a website user.

This includes, but is not limited to, message board posts, uploads of favorite products, bookmarks of favorite websites, etc..

Any violation of this policy will invalidate all commissions, past, present, and future.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wino2007
    Just got this from revolveclothing.com. any thoughts on this?

REVOLVEClothing has initiated a new policy regarding links to our website through user generated content.

It is hereby banned for any company to alter user generated content to initiate tracking from commission junction so that commissions may be earned on such content.

Note that this effectively means we should not ever see a CJ tracking link directing to our website from content that was submitted by a website user.

This includes, but is not limited to, message board posts, uploads of favorite products, bookmarks of favorite websites, etc..

Any violation of this policy will invalidate all commissions, past, present, and future.
    Sounds reasonable and not much different from merchants who prohibit direct ppc linking. It does not say you cannot post comments with links to your own site where you display their product links, banners, etc.

Many such boards prohibit affiliate links anyway, but let you post links to your site if it relates to the post. With Yahoo Answers, for example, you can post a site url - including to your own site - that directly applies to the question and answer, but not a direct affiliate link.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

I had to read this a few times... affiliatehound is right. One of my sites is a digg-clone, and users aren't allowed to post affiliate links. They can add an affiliate site, I don't mind that...

(sometimes I forget that MY contribution on my own sites is not that of a user!).

But I wonder if a Squidoo-type site would apply.. or those shared-shopping sites (Kaboodle, etc). I would think they're scattered with affiliate links.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread