.. for those who "drink & email"
    Every so often Google (NSDQ: GOOG) adds something new to Google Labs, where it tests nonfinal versions of software that may or may not become a standard feature. The latest is called Mail Goggles -- a play on "beer goggles" -- that just might save your tail when it comes to e-mail.
    http://www.informationweek.com/blog/...s_mail_go.html

I know of some non-drinkers who need this, me included at times...

X

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Oh LOL - perfect.

I've sent more than a few I'd like to take back ... not sure if solving math problems would have snapped me out of the moment but it's a fun application and could prove useful.

The ones that make me cringe are the emails I've sent, ranting about a man, to my friend ... mistakenly sent those to the men in question TWICE instead of my friend. LMAO - Sure shows who can take the heat quickly. Happy to report both guys handled it well and with respectable accountability.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    The ones that make me cringe are the emails I've sent, ranting about a man, to my friend ... mistakenly sent those to the men in question TWICE instead of my friend. LMAO - Sure shows who can take the heat quickly. Happy to report both guys handled it well and with respectable accountability.
    No kiddin. I've done some like that. And when I realize, I could feel this rush of blood start at my neck and rise through to the top of my head. Hate that feeling!
    The last one like that I remember was when I sent a dropship order in for fulfillment but sent it to the buyer instead of the distributor. I don't normally divulge dropship ordering to buyers.

X

ranting about a man, to my friend ... mistakenly sent those to the men in question TWICE instead of my friend.
    Oh... my... god... I would just DIE if that ever happened (I'm quite forthcoming with gfriends!)

I once had a minor work mishap where I hit "reply" instead of "forward", sending an embarrassing note to the sender. I've triple-checked recipient ever since...

Quote Originally Posted by teezone
    Oh... my... god... I would just DIE if that ever happened (I'm quite forthcoming with gfriends!)
    Oh me too - both emails were pure venom and so NOT intended for the guy I was *****ing about. Funny after about a week but certainly cringe worthy when it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by teezone
    I once had a minor work mishap where I hit "reply" instead of "forward", sending an embarrassing note to the sender. I've triple-checked recipient ever since...
    Done that, too. LOL - It's horrible realizing these email gaffes and not being able to undo them. Mortification in spades!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Byerly
    I sent a dropship order in for fulfillment but sent it to the buyer instead of the distributor. I don't normally divulge dropship ordering to buyers.
    Ouch! Thankfully, I've never goofed with a site visitor email. Business blunders seem much worse than social ones.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

ABW Ambassador
    This could be used on forums as well

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    Google asks, "Do you really want to drunk e-mail?"
    So it's 3 a.m. and after numerous beers and toxic cocktails, thoughts turn to that girl that got away or the ex that suddenly seems perfect for you.

If you're made of weaker stuff, you might consider e-mailing said person in a vain attempt at turning things around despite the fact that you don't know where your pants are. But as we know friends don't let friends drunk e-mail. And Google, it seems, wants to be your friend.

Google has given the go ahead to a new trial labs enhancement for its Gmail service that allows you to check yourself in the event that you're too drunk to pull off a coherent e-mail. Mail Goggles confronts e-mailers with a test when they try to send a message during specific times.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/...entry_id=31196
    Last edited by Ed Byerly; October 9th, 2008 at 02:52 AM. Reason: *Merged with existing thread*
    Expert who says Moo

a.k.a. OJMOO

Cow Dance

There was another thread earlier today about this - where'd it go??? I was gonna post the link in here but can't find it in new posts :-(

I'll go do a search. Hrumph! LOL
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Hey, the search feature here works! LOL

Here's the other thread started earlier today by Teezone about this:
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=111281
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Talking
    I suppose this will a boon for some folks. For myself, I've only gotten sloshed a few times in my long life and I can tell you that emails and ot telephone calls to settle any scores or explain myself is just not something I do. A tremendous amount of giggling followed by immediate sleep is what I do.
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com/afpr.html"><font color="#FF0000">Buzzy Multimedia Publishing Affiliate Program</font></a>--<a href="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=13023"><font color="#FF0000">SAS Sign-Up</font></a>
    7-15% Commision, 180 Cookies, Bonuses
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com">Earn Buzzy Bucks Promoting Sci-Fi & Fantasy Audio Books and Wicked Cool T-Shirts</a>

That's a riot. so is it real? I know google likes to play April fools jokes on us.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread