Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    100% Reversals of 11 Comcast Sales
    All my Comcast sales (11 of them) for the month of August were reveresed yesterday. Does anybody promote Comcast on CJ. Has anybody experienced similar reversals for August. I contacted the AM, but the response was that they were reversed because the consumers cancelled. There is no way for me to know if that's true or not. But 100% reversal is kind of fishy.

They just changed their structure recently as to where you are not paid via the order on the site, but instead after the physical install is complete. Do you think that has something to do with it?

-sfcom

ABW Ambassador
    No, that new structure where they pay $0 as lead took effect from September. August was under the previous structure, where they paid full commission for each laed.

Well, with that being the case then, I would try to get the AM to further clarify how this could have happened. I would also take your historical numbers for the year and analyze those. I find 100% reversal of 11 sales due to cancellation very hard to believe also. If September ends up being anywhere near the same, I might try to find a replacement instead. I hear FIOS is nice.

-sfcom

Fios Rocks!!!! Sorry had to put my bit in ya know.
    Wear Short Sleeves!!! Support the right to bare arms!

Thumbs down We Just Expired Comcast For The Same Reason...
    I'm really glad someone else spoke up about these Comcast reversals, I've been fuming over this for a few weeks now. We've had all of our sales with Comcast through CJ reversed as well. When it's a web order, obviously you don't know for sure if the sale was legit and got installed. However, we found out recently that something was amiss with the Comcast program through CJ. I placed orders for multiple acquaintances on their computers - cookies were set and the orders tracked. Broadband National then reversed the orders, even though the customers had Comcast installed & in service. Broadband National (Now BridgeVine) actually runs the Comcast program through CJ btw. They are themselves an affiliate of Comcast, so we can only surmise that they are just keeping our orders for themselves.

Broadband National also runs the WildBlue affiliate program, Time Warner, and Charter through CJ, they've also reversed all of our orders for WildBlue. One of these orders was even for my business partner and obviously we know that it's intalled and in service. This certainly smells of underhandedness or foul play.

I sent out an email inquiring about the WildBlue reversals last week, of course we haven't received any reply. I don't expect we'll get one from them either.

So this begs the question; what rights does an affiliate have when a merchant behaves in this manner? Perhaps some of the more seasoned ABW veterans can lend some insight on what we could or should do about a seemingly rogue merchant like Broadband National?

Quote Originally Posted by TruthToPower
    Broadband National also runs the WildBlue affiliate program, Time Warner, and Charter through CJ, they've also reversed all of our orders for WildBlue. One of these orders was even for my business partner and obviously we know that it's intalled and in service. This certainly smells of underhandedness or foul play.
    We have had the same experience with these people. Comcast, Wildblue, Time Warner and Charter all seem to reverse all transactions sent to them.
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks for the confirmation. But their EPC is still high. How do they manage to do that while reversing most of the orders.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sam_park
    Thanks for the confirmation. But their EPC is still high. How do they manage to do that while reversing most of the orders.
    Because those reversals are probably going to their other affiliate ("Broadband National also runs the WildBlue affiliate program, Time Warner, and Charter through CJ, they've also reversed all of our orders for WildBlue.") and showing up as valid sales after all. Stinks so bad it's worthy.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    Because those reversals are probably going to their other affiliate ("Broadband National also runs the WildBlue affiliate program, Time Warner, and Charter through CJ, they've also reversed all of our orders for WildBlue.") and showing up as valid sales after all. Stinks so bad it's worthy.
    So what does one do about a situation like this? Anyone have 2 cents?

ABW Ambassador
    Have you all, those who had similar reversals, written to the AM/CJ about it. The first thing of course is to stop promoting these vendors. Then write to the AM expressing concern in no uncertain terms that these vendors are cheating. If affiliates start complaining vocally, something good may come out of it.

ABW Ambassador
    Write up an article and chronology, include copies of correspondence, send it to consumerist.com (they hate comcast) and submit to digg, reddit, etc.
    Hi, I'm a signature.

Beware: Broadband National Extending Offers For Cox Cable
    I just got pushed an offer from Cox Cable inside of CJ. Looks like Broadband National runs Cox's affiliate program as well. So they have time to extend offers to advertisers, but no time at all to answer emails about missing or reversed sales?

Obviously I declined the offer. What's the point of putting up links and generating sales only to have them reversed with no explanation given?

Cj should kick these frauds out!

ABW Ambassador
    TruthToPower, have you contacted the affiliate manager about your past reversals. If not do show. Show your history, reversal rate. If more and more affiliates start complaining about these vendors, who knows, CJ may take some action. After all they are also losing money.

TruthToPower, have you contacted the affiliate manager about your past reversals. If not do show. Show your history, reversal rate. If more and more affiliates start complaining about these vendors, who knows, CJ may take some action. After all they are also losing money.
    Sam,

I've attempted correspondence with Comcast via email & through CJ to discuss reversed orders in the past. We were never answered (surprise). I sent an email through CJ's system to Comcast today so that there is a record of the fraud not just in emails from me, but emails sent through CJ's system as well. This way they BBN can't deny getting our correspondence.

My email to them from today is as follows:

We expired our affiliation with Comcast (Broadband National) last week due to the outrageous 100% reversal rate on orders we are absolutely positive were legitimate and installed. This email isn't to rectify the situation, it' simply to record the fraudulent activity in the Comcast affiliate program.

Good day and good riddance.

I've also sent an email through CJ to the WildBlue AM again requesting explaination on a reversed order that we know is legitimate. We don't expect we'll get a reply from these people as they've pretty much shown us their true colors. It's more to record the fact that they won't respond when asked about legit orders being reversed.

ABW Ambassador
    Do you have PM access here. I got in touch with the CJ AM and they do reply back immediately, though their replies are pretty standard stuff. But they do say that they will follow up with bridgevine.

I can PM you the AM's email ids.

I've never tried to send a PM on ABW, just did and the system says I don't have a high enough post count

issues with take backs
    All my Comcast sales (11 of them) for the month of August were reveresed yesterday. Does anybody promote Comcast on CJ. Has anybody experienced similar reversals for August. I contacted the AM, but the response was that they were reversed because the consumers cancelled. There is no way for me to know if that's true or not. But 100% reversal is kind of fishy.

In September Bridgevine began the migration of their programs from standard pixel tracking to concluded action. This decision was made to provide publishers with additional insight into the conversion of leads to installs. Additionally it would eliminate the need to extend or correct transactions. Although beneficial in the long term, the transition has not been seamless for the publishers. The life cycle from lead to installation can take upwards of 100 days therefore creating a lag in payment.

We recognize that there has been a large number of corrections processed recently. Bridgevine is working diligently to ensure all publishers are compensated fairly. Publishers that are owed commission will be contacted. We seek your patience as the transition from standard tracking to concluded action takes place. We apologize for any inconvenience and would be happy to speak with you directly regarding any questions or concerns.

ABW Ambassador
    Maw, are you a Bridgevine rep? If so, are you agreeing to the fact that these large commission reversals were errors and Bridgevine is working to correct it?

yes - there were errors and this will be corrected. Everyone should have received correspondence from CJ late Friday. We are trying to resolve this asap.

ABW Ambassador
    Well, I haven't received any emails yet.

Me neither. These problems have been going on for a long time and I do not think it is merely recent technical glitches.
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by La_Valette
    Me neither. These problems have been going on for a long time and I do not think it is merely recent technical glitches.
    I agree.

We've seen a drastic difference in conversion rates in provider programs being run by Bridgevine vs ALL other providers across multiple networks. Every single affiliate program we've participated in that Bridgevine runs has been nothing but a black hole for our leads. It's clear Bridgevine considers their affiliate program simply a way to generate leads and drive our traffic and legit sales to their call center or other preferred affiliates.

In September Bridgevine began the migration of their programs from standard pixel tracking to concluded action. This decision was made to provide publishers with additional insight into the conversion of leads to installs. Additionally it would eliminate the need to extend or correct transactions. Although beneficial in the long term, the transition has not been seamless for the publishers. The life cycle from lead to installation can take upwards of 100 days therefore creating a lag in payment.

We recognize that there has been a large number of corrections processed recently. Bridgevine is working diligently to ensure all publishers are compensated fairly. Publishers that are owed commission will be contacted. We seek your patience as the transition from standard tracking to concluded action takes place. We apologize for any inconvenience and would be happy to speak with you directly regarding any questions or concerns.
    This email sounds more like an attempt to placate angry affiliates who are catching on and complaining to the network. This mass form email comes off rather vague and seems insincere & unconcerned. If Bridgevine were genuinely concerned about reversals and missing sales, wouldn't they have made some effort to reply to the many inquiries many of us have made in the past?

I got the emails. They says ' The life cycle from lead to installation can take upwards of 100 days therefore creating a lag in payment. "

I'm not sure how they can handle that with CJ since they can only "extend" payments once. That would be my guess, as to, why they reversed most/all commissions.

In any case, I'm suspecting this move even once implemented successfully will result in a net decrease in conversions compared to the previous model.

delsol, i have an advertiser which doesnt extend the payment but extend the commission being paid out. This is first time ever and they havent paid since september. I am only hoping they pay in november. CJ has no control whatsoever on this advertisers.

We pay on PPC
    We do the hard work for selling the stuff
    We wait for the payment
    What do we get in return?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast