Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    http and a telephoto
    AGoodCause ?
    I got an email from a site I haven't heard of before that appears to be a European charity site, agoodcause.com. They have a software download (that I did not install yet) that is supposedly not adware and the site is green in McAfee Site Advisor. Is the download on this site known to overwrite or does it "stand down" for existing affiliate links and direct type-ins or se clicks, paid or unpaid?
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Their Aidmaker software is a BHO, Jonathan Low a co-founder has spammed ABW many many times with a Press Release of their service.

I think what sets them apart is their ...

" it is impossible for us to comply with every networks TC's" That says it all for me.

*While, Yes they add that "however we endeavour to comply with the universal rule of 'fairness in all that we do'" but that's all relative when you don't adhere to the underlining T&C's. Period.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

They've been applying to my programs since last year.
    Their site isn't up yet, so I couldn't consider their application.
    Good stuff to know!
    Dyan Carlson
    ["My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness."- The Dalai Lama

http and a telephoto
    Thanks Haiko, I couldn't understand why their McAfee rating was green. They wanted to "run an offer through my network" and I would "get paid per download". They obviously don't do their homework since I am *not* a network. I did email him before I posted that I don't work with software download affiliates or merchants.
    Deborah Carney

Paid per download huh?

Smells like a, sounds like a ....HMMMMM!!!

QUACK????
    Continued Success,

Haiko

http and a telephoto
    Yeah, that was the BIG clue... that they are clueless.
    Deborah Carney

Hi guys,

I appreciate your comments and apologize to Loxly for not having checked out your website enough. It just looked like you were consultants helping out with affiliate marketing.

To Haiko: Well, I sent you 3 e-mails asking whether we could post in here about how our website and our software AidMaker works. Because I understand that there are a lot of rules on what you're allowed to post in here This was to explain your merchants and affiliates in here about how it works - and to explain how we have in fact protected other affiliates MUCH MORE than other similar types of shopping software.
    We are very transparent, both when it comes to our software, donations etc.

We have been approved by the network quality teams of more than 25 of the world's leading affiliate networks - and have been doing business in Europe for 5 years with good success and with more than 4000 happy online stores and +250.000 active users supporting charity through us.

So I appreciate your comments and scepticism, but really we DO behave as a good affiliate and follow good industry standards and code of conducts for the networks that we work with.

Let me know if you need any further info about us! To the merchant writing in here: The site is live - was launched two weeks ago in the US.

Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    If you aren't active on ShareASale, Avantlink or Buy.at, that basically tells Affiliate Managers all that we need to know.
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

We ARE approved to some of these networks mentioned in your post, however not ShareASale since they NEVER approve any sorts of software programs. Which is a shame I think since there are both good and bad sofware affiliates. And we clearly follow the code of conduct for the big networks that we work with - never using automatic installs, cookie drops, automatic ovewrites, forced clicks, stealing commission etc.

We want to make the world better, that is why we founded our website, but we also want to do this with high ethics and transparency.

Quote Originally Posted by aGoodCause
    Well, I sent you 3 e-mails asking whether we could post in here about how our website and our software AidMaker works
    Whoa doggie, Let's get a few facts straight here.

I get a form letter with the subject of "to the admin at aBestWeb"

Which said:

We are about to Launch in the US market (amongst others) and feel that we should introduce ourselves and clarify our motivations to your users. We thought it would be more polite to send you a brief email just to let you know, rather than posting a long message in the forum and letting find it yourself. Please see our message below.

If you feel it is relevant enough you may wish to pin this for others to see, ultimately itd for a for a good cause. We would want to post this second week of September, so please don't post it yet. We would just like to keep you informed! Thanks in advance.
    IOW it was an ad, and instead of actually buying one, you decide to post the spam in AffiliateVoice forum (of all choices).

Then I get an email from you with the original spam posting text and:

Hi aBestWeb. We tried telling other affiliates about our charity project, but it got deleted from the forum. What was wrong with it? Here is the post again:
    What part of spam or unpaid ad don't you get? Or are you people just that damn arrogant to think that a major web property should just bend over for you because some network does? GET REAL!

Because I understand that there are a lot of rules on what you're allowed to post in here This was to explain your merchants and affiliates in here about how it works - and to explain how we have in fact protected other affiliates MUCH MORE than other similar types of shopping software.
    Once again, an ad, don't give me this we protect affs "better" crap or we are the good guys, you spammed nothing less, if your software isn't as evil as others that doesn't make AGC nor it's employees candidates for sainthood either.

We have been approved by the network quality teams of more than 25 of the world's leading affiliate networks - and have been doing business in Europe for 5 years with good success and with more than 4000 happy online stores and +250.000 active users supporting charity through us.
    Look even in your reply here to what you call "scepticism" ... your spamming ... the stuff just flows from you doesn't it? Like I said ... networks make money off you any which way, it's up to you to prove your clean and ethical and spamming my board or sending blanket form mails doesn't instill any trust nor faith.

we DO behave as a good affiliate and follow good industry standards and code of conducts for the networks that we work with.
    But you yourself state your not in compliance of all T&C so guess what - that's not a level playing field, forget how your software operates, if the basic T&Cs aren't equal then the rest of your story is just that!

I appreciate your comments and apologize to Loxly for not having checked out your website enough. It just looked like you were consultants helping out with affiliate marketing.
    Yeah what did you send? Get this people ---

>I'm e-mailing you, because we're interested in running a CPL
    >campaign through your network for our free charity shopping software
    >AidMaker. Please check it out through AGC link
    >
    >We're interested in running this campaign in 8 countries listed in
    >the enclosed powerpoint. Our target price is 1,5-2 euro per
    >installation - where we track a download, once the installation
    >process is completed. We can provide you with text and graphics and
    >have good experiences with newsletters and surveys for generating downloads.

>Our software is free to install, anonymous and only takes 10 seconds
    >to get on the PC. It is easy to remove again and already installed
    >by more than 300.000 people.
    >
    >Hope to hear from you soon and get a CPL campaign up and running!
    RELEASE THE HOUNDS!!!!
    Continued Success,

Haiko

We ARE approved to some of these networks mentioned in your post
    I don't think that will last long.

We want to make the world better, that is why we founded our website, but we also want to do this with high ethics and transparency.
    Right, that's the song and dance, we've heard it many times before and worse ... even had goons come to our homes or offices to tell us just how good and ethical they are (or else ) The most recent ones --- hmm Endicted and in jail?

So please stop being sanctimonious ... you have much to prove and fix before all this hype and spam is even read or acknowledged!
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I've been in a bad mood since January and this thread ain't improving my mood any.

But it did make me laugh.

If you aren't active on ShareASale, Avantlink or Buy.at, that basically tells Affiliate Managers all that we need to know.
    We ARE approved to some of these networks mentioned in your post, however not ShareASale since they NEVER approve any sorts of software programs.
    Let me know if you need any further info about us! To the merchant writing in here: The site is live - was launched two weeks ago in the US.
    I'm pretty sure we'll be hearing from the two remaining networks mentioned at some point today. It's kind of hard to believe that either of them has accepted a two week old software affiliate site when both networks state policies to the contrary. It would be a kick in the pants to the other affiliates of that network to find out they've misplaced their trust.

If the misrepresentation evident in your dealings with ABW is any indication of your lofty ethics I think you can count on not lasting long on networks known for their standards.

Only comply with the T&Cs that are most convenient for you and ignore the others? Something tells me that is not the path to longevity.

If people want to donate to charity, there are enough easy to find website directories of charities on the web where 100% of their donation goes to charity (plus they get the tax deduction), not a claimed 75% like at your site. I realize the "donation" comes from the comms, but isn't that like telling your visitors that with every purchase, you help raise your product price? Not a bad tradeoff for some honest product reviews for their buying decision or even a coupon to save them some money. What service did you provide to them for this? A generic directory of stores??? That zero PR is starting to make sense now. Does your company get the tax advantages of donating that 75% of comms also? If so, you are getting 25% of the comms that are driven and promoted by BHOs and some extra help from the federal government along the way. All of that in your pocket for a BHO and a little store directory. Yuck.

-sfcom

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Looks like agoodcause slipped through the cracks and became active at the network level on Aug 14th 08. I see one recorded click so far, for one merchant.
    Their Aidmaker software is a BHO, Jonathan Low a co-founder has spammed ABW many many times
    Based on this information I have deactivated their account, and they've been notified.

THIS is why ABW is such a valuable resource. Thanks for starting the thread Deb.

... and this is why we love ethical networks! WTG Gary!!!!
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Quote Originally Posted by Gary-AvantLink
    Looks like agoodcause slipped through the cracks and became active at the network level on Aug 14th 08. I see one recorded click so far, for one merchant.

Based on this information I have deactivated their account, and they've been notified.

THIS is why ABW is such a valuable resource. Thanks for starting the thread Deb.
    Nice move Gary
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

My gut instinct tells me that there is far more to be wary of than spam from this group. They promote themselves as facilitators for charity but there is NO public oversite of the company. When there is no accountablility one should hold onto one's money and run for the hills. Acccording to their own site they keep 25 percent of the money that is supposed to be going to your favorite charity, and that is if you believe them. They neither sow nor reap and when I give money to charity I do so directly and to those organizations who spend among the lowest percentage on administration. One can go to places like Charity Navigator to find out the most responsible organizations and...the worst. For example The Cincinnati Art Museum spends over 60% of its expenses on administrative endeavors, including the CEOs $201,944 salary. That's an interesting little factoid.

Thank you Gary-AvantLink for keeping people like this from using this platform without regard to rules.
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com/afpr.html"><font color="#FF0000">Buzzy Multimedia Publishing Affiliate Program</font></a>--<a href="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=13023"><font color="#FF0000">SAS Sign-Up</font></a>
    7-15% Commision, 180 Cookies, Bonuses
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com">Earn Buzzy Bucks Promoting Sci-Fi & Fantasy Audio Books and Wicked Cool T-Shirts</a>

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    The "feelgood" charity cause affiliate marketers never ever release what cash funds get dispersed to the actual charities. No need to even read the fine print of the marketer or the charity. They both are rippoff enities jacking up admin fees and fat cat salaries. Like their worldwide banking enity, "The World Bank", they have something to hide from the donors and the merchant victims of their BHO. (don't confuse with Barack Hussan Obama) The World Bank's entire database, banking, 30 years of records, bidsm, emails and personel file records have been hacked via spyware worldwide for over a year.

The World Bank hid this from their donor public until FoxNews uncovered this huge snafu as they provide the entire money trail for 90% of all charity $$$ activities worldwide. Now just go Google World Bank Spyware and get informed there is no safe BHO. They all require paying some hidden infestation bundler to get their program on as many computers as posible. Those affiliate infestation fee scumbag bundlers also pack in spyware keyloggers like used in all worldwide bank hacking plots.

My official stance is the only legit affiliate/merchant marketing relationship demands the affiliate produce a physical click from a viewable page on their own domain. All other methods are based upon opening up your merchant cash register to commission fraud.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    OK aGoodCause, now that you have joined the conversation I have a few questions. Do you have a name, are you an office of the company so we know who we are talking to? Second, explain to us in basic terms why we should trust you and your download? Every time I talk to a site like yours I get the same response. That the download accounts for a small part of the over all sales for the site yet you insist on deploying it. So to us it appears that the real business model is to use the charity card to get downloads deployed so you can make as much money as possible?

Hint: if you at least attempt to be part of the conversation you started you will gain the respect of this community. You may never get past the gatekeepers who will never trust a BHO. At least by standing up for yourself you will be miles ahead of 99% of the rest of the BHO players. Your alternative is to be a permanent fixture on this forum.

There is a lot of uproar among affiliates about the launching of Agoodcause in The Netherlands. It appears that their software overwrites links of other affiliates and so commission gets hijacked by agoodcause. They admitted this now and you can see their response here: http://www.affiliate-forum.nl/index.....html#msg28902

Thank you for the additional information Kletskous, and welcome to ABW. It's good to see that people are trying to do things right all over the world.

http and a telephoto
    Enlightening that they didn't know that would happen, they supposedly tested and it didn't do that. Yeah, ok, right. They are working on a programming solution..... again, ok, yeah, right.
    Deborah Carney

I am sorry to hear that you do not believe in us and our concept. We are continuously working on improving our website and software. We have already made several chances on the software after the critique from the Dutch market. We launched a new solution yesterday and further precautions will be taken over the next days, until we have a bulletproof solution. We have worked closely with the networks on our software solution, and will continue to do so.

And to get back to Chuck: Yes, my name is Signe, I work for aGoodCause in the Danish office. I will be in this forum from now on, instead of Jonathan.

We have been active on the Danish market for 5 years. You can read about the economics behind aGoodCause here: agoodcause.com/content/view/61/52/
    Since we have not been active in US for a long time, there is no yearly report to show you. You can however see the payments done to the Danish charities on our Danish website. It is, of course in Danish, so here are the direct links to payments in 2007 for easier navigation:
    Danish charities, payments phase 1: engodsag.dk/images/stories/organizations%20payout%20phase%201.pdf
    Danish charities, payments phase 2: engodsag.dk/images/stories/organizations%20payout%20phase%202.pdf
    On the left is the name of the organization, and on the right the amount they received in Danish kroner. I hope you will just a little bit out of it, even though it is in Danish.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to clarify the concept.

Kind Regards Signe
    Last edited by Ed Byerly; October 21st, 2008 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Unlinked URLs

Instead of Jonathan as he's been busted. Signe, This forum is not your place to drop links nor propaganda, we've been through this type of set up to steal aff traffic many many many times, so please save us, we don't like cool aid.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast