Amit Mehta Credibility
    I watched a couple of videos from Affiliate Summit with Amit Mehta in them. I have never been to the Summit and the videos give me a little connection.

There doesn't seem to be any mention of Amit at ABW, and am wondering if there are any opinions on his efforts to spread his PPC skills.

ABW Ambassador
    If he gets his account banned - http://www.superaffiliatemindset.com...te-smack-down/

Those skills won't be much use and then he posted about using multiple accounts - "Iím now using completely seperate accounts for my new affiliate campaign that Iím launching - just to be on the safe side." Which is not exactly safe since you can get banned for that kind of thing.

Other than that, I read that he knows his stuff on blogs and stuff. But from reading stuff from "PPC experts" over the years, I haven't really seen anything that's not readily available in Google itself or some common sense type stuff but could be wrong. If you read his blog and learn something that helps your business, then that's what matters.

Also wanted to add, just reading more on that page:

"You need to tread softly with Google, theyíve been banning affiliate Adwords accounts left and right recently."

He says that and talked about his friend losing his account, some Clinkbank/ebook stuff. But I haven't seen one thread here with anybody having their accounts closed, so.
    Last edited by Trust; October 9th, 2008 at 03:25 PM.

There's very little substance in his blog. Donuts often offers more wisdom and insight in a single forum post here than you'll find in all of Amit's blog. His blog is all about hyping himself (so he can speak at conferences, build his brand, etc) and hyping his "lifestyle" (so he can get people to pay money to supposedly learn how to achieve the same lifestyle). Waste of time, IMO.
    --

ABW Ambassador
    "Waste of time..."

Little substance to his talk, annoying voice, and he like to trash talk certain people or forum members when he thinks they're not around during lunch at ASE (Not ABW, but another forum who dared to call him out for what he really is).

ABW Ambassador
    I saw that thread in that other forum, people were flexing their Photoshop skills, Maker Your Own Mehta

I have seen parallels in my affiliate life to my earlier commercial fishing life. As a fisherman I started knowing nothing. My father-in-law taught me what he could, but that was limited by his part time fishing. He had other interests and I was giving it everything.

My competition then as now would help on all the little things, but the real nuggets where understandably held back. I did the same thing when I became a successful fisherman. There where clicks of fishermen that would really share, but even then some info was held back.

Later I partnered with a friend and opened a fish processing plant, and then had occasion to buy fish from a man named Pete Jones (RIP). Pete was catching loads of fish that no one else could come close to in the Atchafalaya River.

Pete said, "John for $500 I'll teach you how to catch those fish in the river". I took him up on it and my other fishing friends thought I was nuts. I made that $500 back many times over. He taught me things that made me succeed, and no one was ever going to show me for free.

Being an affiliate has a lot of parallels to that earlier life for me. I don't think that anyone is going to offer the key bits for free. Sure there is lots to be learned here, but it's limited by the competitive commercial nature of the industry just like fishing was.

I'm willing to pay for my education just like I did in college, but even though willing to pay I haven't found another Pete Jones here and probably never will. So many selling wisdom are just fattening their wallets and giving out KoolAid.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    I saw that thread in that other forum, people were flexing their Photoshop skills, Maker Your Own Mehta
    A rowdy bunch that forum is, aren't they?

John i totally agree with you, i wish i can meet a expert here that can show me some ropes in the affiliate or internet marketing world. I am educating myself threw self studying material i find on the web. I have dedicated my full time studying at home. There is just so much information that you can learn. I live to learn! I want to become a Master internet marketer or better a Guru and the only way of me to achieve this is by educating myself. It's really not easy. I would describe this as a puzzle the more knowledgeable you become by educating yourself the more things start to make sense.
    The more complete the puzzle become.

Oh and about Amit Mehta, i only heard of the guy 2 nights ago from the PPC classroom website. He's work really got me interested and i was hoping that i get to watch all his videos and read his blogs and now you guys say that he is not of any good? Is this true??

Quote Originally Posted by slicksilver
    and now you guys say that he is not of any good? Is this true??
    Just remember that negative words always fly faster than the positive.

Thank you John i'm keeping that in mind maby i must go do some probing for myself...

Well their PPC Classroom 2.0 sales kicks off tonight. I followed all videos promoting it over the past few days and enjoyed them. It's just that when someone oversells they chase me away.

I am skeptical when I see a pitch page that scrolls a mile down with free offers to be thrown in and glowing testimonials. It may be good but I'm going to pass for now.

Quote Originally Posted by John Powell
    Well their PPC Classroom 2.0 sales kicks off tonight. I followed all videos promoting it over the past few days and enjoyed them. It's just that when someone oversells they chase me away.

I am skeptical when I see a pitch page that scrolls a mile down with free offers to be thrown in and glowing testimonials. It may be good but I'm going to pass for now.

I've followed this, too. Way over-selling their program. Running away!
    ~Ernie

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread