Results 1 to 5 of 5
October 11th, 2008, 01:42 PM #1What did I do?
I did something while working on a site and I have no idea what. All I can say is that when I go to view the site in a browser I am asked How if I want to save the file or how I would like to choose an application to open the file.
Wish I could post a screen shot. But that is all I haveThanks,
October 11th, 2008, 01:59 PM #2
What is the file name of your main page? index dot what? Sound like you may have renamed it to something other than .php, .htm, or .html.
October 11th, 2008, 02:01 PM #3
I also have this in the .htaccess
AddType text/x-server-parsed-html .html .htm
To allow for server side includesThanks,
October 11th, 2008, 02:32 PM #4
I did that once on a site and changing the htaccess back to what it was before will fix it. Some servers are not set up to accept the changes that can be done in htaccess. Contact your host and ask them how to do what you're trying to do, just to be sure. I ended up needing to move my site to a different host because I couldn't use AddHandler in htaccess. Not saying that your host is the same, but they may need to tweak something first.
October 11th, 2008, 03:41 PM #5
Found it. Looks like a User define mime type had been setup. Deleted the user MIME type and presto site was back. Although I do not remember touching the user MIME types I guess I did something having too many browsers open. Good thing is I building the site just a something to have in portfolio and it was not a live aff site.Thanks,