Paying domain companies to build and manage your site
    Does anyone pay a domain company to build and manage their affiliate site?...I'm considering it because I don't know how to create most of the things I want on my site.

Took me two months to get a decent looking site, because like you I had no clue what I was doing. I tried numerous HTML and WYSIWYG editors before settling with xsitepro.

Building a site to do everything you want does require multiple skill sets, but you need to learn them yourself. Even if you pay someone to design your site, do you want to pay them every time you want to change something?

Read some books on web site design. Your local library probably has some you can check out for free. w3schools.com also has some free tutorials.

It will take time and frustrate the hell out of you, but yes, you should learn to do it yourself.

GW

Your right, I don't want to pay for updates and I do need to learn...I just hate that it looks so generic and of poor quality...I'm sure it will take me several months to get to the final product

Personally, I would learn the basics of html and also some CMS's like wordpress, joomla or whatever. Do you want to write every line of code on every site from scratch?

I wouldn't pay anybody to manage my site until
    *it was already making a steady profit &
    *I totally trusted them. good luck

I learned the very basics when I got started. Then after about a year I had someone make me a template and now I make changes to that every so often just to see what I can come up with.
    LeDonna
    Those who think they know everything annoy those of us who do

Quote Originally Posted by justwright
    I learned the very basics when I got started. Then after about a year I had someone make me a template and now I make changes to that every so often just to see what I can come up with.
    Excellent way to go, making changes to a basic template that is. You will learn a lot. Bet a year from now you'll know so much more about html, php, css, and all those other alphabet puzzles ( ) that you'll amaze yourself.

I have a lot of sites I've put together using wordpress. In the process, I've learned quite a bit about how wordpress works and how to modify a basic template to make it look pretty decent and different from one site to another. I have a couple of WP themes I modify for new sites.

Great way to learn. You'll never regret just "rolling up yer sleeves" and getting coding grease all over you learning how to do it.

Great deal that we can't "break" the Internet learning how to use it, isn't it?
    Generate more fake news.

I use Microsoft Expression Web 2 - It's a great website builder.

More Information. http://www.amazon.com/45117G-Microso...3858484&sr=8-3

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

No Longer Banned!
    Hi

I personally hate WYSIWYG's. But Yahoo ! Store has a big biz in it if you wanna go that route.

You can make all the changes you like and they will also manage the entire thing if you wish.

Steve
    DreamLinux.net | Registered Linux User 453976 | PM me to view our sites. It's a Google thing.

Yes, I agree with most of the posts. It best to start out on your own even if you have to use a template site. A good stepping stone is a blog where you can practice posting in HTML.

Thanks for posting everyone...I'm using a template and my site is already published...I've learned how to put html codes and a few more things on it...it just looks generic and unprofessional and I'm sure that's why I'm getting disapproved by good affiliate companies...the domain company that I got my domain name and template from would charge me $100 a month to customize it for me... I don't think I will need monthly updates and if I did, I believe I will know how to update it myself once it's customized...but they told me I would have to continue to pay the $100 fee as long as I am using a design they customized for me...I want to keep the template I'm using now but I don't want to pay a monthly fee to get it customized.

$100 a month continuing charge just for a one time update? Might want to look at some other companies.

You can get a decent template done at one of the freelance sites for about $100 or so. Find a different host, transfer your name and have the site designed the way you want.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread