Houghton Mifflin Company from Boston, asked me for permission use screenshots from my site to be used in a book entitled "retailing", as an example of online retailer.The book will be thaught in introductory marketing and business classes in colleges.

What do I do?

ABW Ambassador
    "as an example of online retailer."

I thought you were an affiliate, you're a merchant too? I would let them have it, would be niced to be published somewhere.

I work in lounge pants . Looking for a sponsor, PM with offer.

Did they say exactly how they were going to use it? Remember the I Love Lucy episode where Lucy was thrilled to find out excerpts from her novel were going to be published, as part of an instructional book.

Her excerpts were in the "Don't Let This Happen to You" chapter!

Andy

Yes, they said they will used it "as an example of an online retailer", which made me think same thing Trust pointed out. I don't want them to teach wrong things college kids

This is not an affiliate site, though it has some affiliate links, I sell my own advertising service from this site, not products. Products are sold by merchants listed on it.

ABW Ambassador
    Provided full credit is given for the screen shot, why not? Its free publicity for your site. I've had my site listed (or will soon be listed) in 3 books so far which has been quite the surprise. One was for a fishing related book (the topic of my site) and the other 2 were using some of my pictures in their books. Didn't get paid anything for it, but the free publicity (combined with an easy to remember domain name) certainly made it worthwhile.

Jim

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread