Can't Get E-Mail - Really Confused?
    I have tried to get on my Comcast.net e-mail and my Inbox.com e-mail with no luck this morning. I tried on a hard wired desktop, a wireless desktop and a wireless laptop. All the same, nothing. I can navigate the web no problem. I could get my company e-mail via Outlook, no problem. I can even get on the Comcast & Inbox home pages, no problem. But when I click to link into my mail itself . . . both Comcast and Inbox just spin and spin and then time out for unresponsive servers. I could understand one having a server down but both? Comcast and Inbox at the same time? But why is it on all three computers? It is obviously not a software/setting issue on one computer. Ideas?

Sounds like Comcast is having an issue. Have you tried calling them?

I have not. Could Comcast's problem effect my inbox.com account? I will try them. I eventually got it up a couple times, got a couple of e-mails, etc. It's not worth it to be in my office for 90 minutes and get 3 e-mails! Ian't send them either because I can't access the "mail" section where the "inbox" thus can't access the "compose" button either!

Thanks for the suggestion

Try doing a tracert to the comcast domain where your mail resides. Get the IP address and try using that IP Address in the address bar of your browser.

If that works it is a DNS Related issue and should resolve itself.
    Thanks,
    Doug

Thanks!
    All good suggestions and very helpful as always. Thank you. The most helpful thing was (not to take from your help) the comcast cable guy who knocked on our door to ask if we were experiencing any problems with our cable. It was forward progress from there. Thanks again.

non-sequitor: Here is a suggestion from someone who has been around the block for awhile.

Get an email account someplace that is NOT tied to your ISP. If you ever move you will probably have to change email addresses. Gmail is an excellent choice but there are others out there.

I have seen many friends and family (mom in particular) have to give me a new email address whenever they move or even if they stay in the same house and just switch providers.

Just the voice of experience.
    ---
    This response was masterly crafted via the fingers of Patrick Allmond who believe you should StopDoingNothing starting today.
    ---
    Focus Consulting is where I roll | Follow @patrickallmond on Twitter
    Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Optimization | Social Media | Online Video

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread