Pop Up Box in CJ says has added adware? What is Adware?
    I was on CJ and i was poking around and out of nowhere a little box popped up where my mouse was I only got to read about 3 words before my mouse moved and the box disappeared. said something like we have adware? what is adware? and Why would it pop in cJ??? any thoughts or similar experiences today? I cant seem to recreate that any where. I tried clearing my cache and nothing?
    Is adware where they pop up ads? Like they install something on your computer to have ads pop up?
    Last edited by jodyq; October 13th, 2008 at 05:25 PM. Reason: More details in title?

Ok So I just googled adware, it is like a spy? Says there are good adware and bad adware, good adware gets your permission and bad is installed automatically without your knowledge? Am I getting close? anyone. If CJ wants to spy on me that is ok. I would be open to downloading a a program that tracks my movements. Seems kind of invasive but no issues here, in fact they would probably get tired of watching tom and jerry on you tube. My 2 year old loves Tom and Jerry. When she sits at my computer she say " tubetube mommy, better tom and jerry please."

Or maybe because I didn't get to read it. maybe It said I have some kind of virus. I am running my norton now. Would my security system advise me of viruses. That is why i purchased it.

Or maybe it had absolutly nothing to do with cj and was some crummy ad. But the box was so small like when you run your mouse over a button and it gives a detail. My mouse was right over the mail button when that happened. and of course i moved my hand which moved my mouse. Wouldn't a email do better?
    Last edited by jodyq; October 13th, 2008 at 06:16 PM.

I tried to use the pm here and now it is disabled. What is happening here?
    Edit: I am trying to retrieve one of my messages in it and it says I have insuffient privedges. Who disabled me? I asked a question, has nobody seen this before? Can Nobody answer my question?
    Welcome, jodyq PMs: 0 Unread, Total 17 wont let me access it?

Well you know what who ever disabled me is a coward. Can't even send me a message or something just I don't like her. I must have pissed someone off.
    Last edited by jodyq; October 13th, 2008 at 10:18 PM.

ABW Ambassador
    Not sure why you got that adware box, if you just hovered over an image or something or it was some alt text. If you've run some scans and it didn't pick up anything and you're not seeing it anymore, probably nothing.

And not sure why you were able to get PM's before unless Haiko gave it to you early, not sure, it's usually 250 posts before PM and sig priv.

I ran Norton 2x's and McAfee 1 time and nothing
    Maybe it was a pop up? But its hard to swallow because the box was this big

------------

I still don't comprehend CJ putting adware they are now going through a class action lawsuit. Epiq Systems where I work gives me all the details About it? And that would be silly of them.

ABW Ambassador
    You can try a couple of the free adware scanners like spybot http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html

or ad aware - http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php

Run those. You probably have nothing but it might give you some piece of mind.

Thank you trust, now I have to figure out about how do I get my PM's there was one really really important one in there and now I can't access it. I should have copy and pasted it to my notebook.

ABW Ambassador
    Little birdy told me that should get fixed as well

Thank you and the little birdy. There is no adware on my computer at all. It is as clean as a shiny new spoon.
    I think maybe it was some kind of pop up? Not even related to cj. Can you close this thread.

11. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread