Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    I order some ink from these guys because that is the link someone had and I wanted them to get the credit. I've ordered from them in the past and although I haven't been 100% satisfied with the quality of their ink (ie some tanks only being 2/3 or 1/3 full) it has worked out ok as far as price overall.

So I place an order on 10/3. My credit card is charged and I get an email saying my order has shipped on 10/3.

10/22: My last black tank runs out. My ink never came in. I call Customer Support. Goes something like this:

Me: Order# xxxx has not arrived.
    CS: Let me check. It shipped. You haven't received it?
    Me: No. How did you send it?
    CS: First class.
    Me: What's the tracking number?
    CS: We don't have a tracking # on the package for some reason. We will reship it tomorrow for you.
    Me: Ok....please reship. I need the ink.\
    CS: It will reship tomorrow.

10/23: I go to the local Circuit City to buy a $13 ink tank so I can do what I need to workwise. Leave Circuit City with $300 worth of stuff I really don't need and one ink tank.

10/30 Still no ink from 123inkjets. Call CS back.

Me: This is my second call. Order #xxxx has still not arrived.
    CS: It reshipped 10/22.
    Me: It's not here.
    CS: We have to wait 7 delivery days. {starts counting days). Oh..it's day 7.
    Me: Yes. And it's still not here. Did you ship it First Class?
    CS: Yes
    Me: Do you have a tracking #?
    CS: No we don't have a tracking # for the reship only the first order.
    Me: You have a tracking # for the first order? Really...what is the tracking # then.
    CS: Ok hold on. (tap tap tap on keyboard). Oh there's no tracking # on that order.
    Me: You just told me there was one.
    CS: We have tracking on the second order.
    Me: Ok..what's the tracking # on that one?
    CS: {more tap tap tap on the kb). Uh...there's no tracking # for it either.
    Me: (patience is starting to wear thin by now). Ok..is there a tracking # or not?
    CS: There is one, but there is no delivery information for it (note: this would be correct for USPS tracking, they scan at delivery only).
    Me: That's fine, but if you give me that tracking # I can file a lost package claim with the Post Office and 9 times out of 10 they locate the package and get it delivered.
    CS: Well it was shipped Priority Mail and it can take up to 7 business days to get it.
    Me: You said it was shipped First Class. So it was shipped Priority Mail?
    CS: Yes Priority Mail.
    Me: Well Priority Mail is 2 to 3 days delivery, not 7.
    CS: It's coming from Ca so it could take 7 days to get to La.
    Me: No it doesn't. Not Priority. I ship online myself. I can ship to Alaska Priority Mail and it gets there in 3 days. Unless you really shipped Parcel Post. So what is that tracking # and I'll file a lost claims package myself.
    CS: Please hold on a moment. (puts me on hold)
    CS: Ok I just checked with someone and we do not do tracking #'s on reships.
    Me: So you have no proof you actually shipped a package, which Visa/MC regulations highly recommends that you do.
    CS: Well we do, but it's a tracking # for a third party delivery.
    Me: What 3rd party delivery. You told me you shipped it Priority which would be USPS. So you didn't ship it USPS?
    CS: Well....I don't know if I can explain this to you.
    Me: It's just I don't seem to be getting a straight story about the shipment of the package and you can't provide me with any proof that either package has ever actually shipped.
    CS: It could be that the first package never did ship....but if you don't have it by Tuesday you can call us back (remember initially he said 7 days which is today).
    Me: (I'm taking deep breaths). Ooookkkkkk.
    CS: And I promise if you call us back on Tuesday we will reship it.
    Me: What I think is that if it has not arrived by tomorrow I will be filing a chargeback tomorrow.
    CS: You can call us back tomorrow if you feel you need to. But if you haven't gotten it by Tuesday call us and we will reship it.

I just got off the phone about then. So if it isn't in tomorrow's mail, I'll file the chargeback. At least they will get hit with the $25 or $30 chargeback fee plus I'll get my money back. But what the biggest run around. I got a very good nose for BS and definitely know when hot air is being blown up my skirt. I guess they think their customers are totally stupid. I know stuff can happen with shipments. But don't just make up cr@p as to what is happening. Sheesh. I will never buy from them again. Folks will have to give me links for someone else. And I buy quite a bit of ink because of my business.

It's Your Money. You earned it. What are you going to do to make sure you get to keep it?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Nice story Ms.B and I'll pull all links to 123Inkjets to make sure it isn't repeated on my shoppers. Send me an e-mail Ms.B mike@ecomcity.com and I'll give you the URL to the most ethical honest internet etailer that has the lowest prices on inkjet,copiertoner,lazer cartridges in the world. They also bat 90% on closing exclusive major supply contracts with the fortune 500. They have an affiliate program to which I hoped Andy Rodriguez would have captured by now as the AM. Guess he doesn't listen like he used too.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Thanks for the info BLFH, now I need to make those pages before it gets too late.. otherwise It would be too lazy and breaking that promise... talk later

Jason
    xtremeshopping.org
    aim: ssn jason
    <a href="http://www.xtremeshopping.org/affiliateconsulting.html"target="_blank">Xtreme's partnership information<a>

"No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BLFH (Ms. B):
    I order some ink from these guys because that is the link someone had and I wanted them to get the credit.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> On a scale of 1 to 10, what do you think the odds were the original affiliate would get credit anyway? 1 being absolutely and 10 being not a snowballs chance.

shore i would say about 13

"I did'nt get where I'm at today by worrying about how I'm going to feel tomorrow."

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>On a scale of 1 to 10, what do you think the odds were the original affiliate would get credit anyway? 1 being absolutely and 10 being not a snowballs chance. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, they did get the credit. They will lose it however with the chargeback I'm sure. However, I did make sure that all my parasite programs were turned off when I made the purchase.

It's Your Money. You earned it. What are you going to do to make sure you get to keep it?

Mrs B.

I just read your post about the troubles you went through. I will make sure you are properly refunded and I would like to ship you another set of free cartridges that you had ordered. I would also like to know which affiliate you had ordered from to make sure they receive their commission. I can be reached at mike@123inkjets.com and my cell phone is (805) 404-1365. I'm sorry about us not fully taking care of your needs and thank you for placing an order.

123inkjets
    Mike Zaya
    President

Cool! Now I know who to send all those 123inkjets spam emails that are forever entering my inbox for as long as I can remember...

No, I won't do that, but I ought to, in order to really give you an idea on how those pushing your product are going about doing business....

<font color=blue size="1">"The most successful con artist will have you believing he is the most ethical person you will ever know."</font>

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread