Why are Programs DeActivated and then Reactivated?
    Here is my question, why is it that programs get deactivated then one week later get reactivated? I am scared to place the links banners of such advertisers on my site in fear that they will deactivate again. Is it they went over budget and had to rebudget or did they violate TOS????

http and a telephoto
    Budget issues. No pay, no play. They reactivate when they replenish their account. I would be leery of merchants that bounce on and off too often.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Thank you.

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    I have seen this at least 15 times in the past few weeks. I just throw them into a crap folder and wait to see if a reactivated email comes in later.

I should make a folder for that. Thank you Seymour!

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Some are due to sales and not keep the account funded.

99% times budgeting issue. As loxly rightly said, try not to promote these crappy advertisers especially through PPC. Imagine running a huge PPC campaign and advertiser deactivated, you are screwed.

I have a few of these advertisers but i let the sales come via SEO and content and never promote them via PPC. you never know when they go down.

Again Thank you Godmode!

ABW Ambassador
    Well for a start it is very flawed and time wasting system for many reasons and why CJ continue to have this system is beyond me? This does not happen on any other network to this extinct, maybe ShareASale have a fair amount of deactivation but not like this. It really is a big mess and CJ need to seriously consider how they run this system. I get damn tired of having to login to CJ and accept new terms for bunches of merchants each time I login and having to pull down links for these failed merchants is a big time waster for many of us.

What I have been doing is I make a note of each time a merchant is deactivated, if they are deactivated for more than 4-5 days I pull down the links and write down they have been deactivated once in my database. I won't add their links back up for weeks again as I will prioritize more important merchants. If the merchant is deactivated more than once then they are history and I will never use their links again.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Glinted,

I wanted to see "really bad shirts" but all of your shirt links go back to your home page.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
    Glinted,

I wanted to see "really bad shirts" but all of your shirt links go back to your home page.
    Well this is a bit off topic and you probably should have pm'd me... I'm sorry, I will take my link out now as I have been getting pm's telling me this and I was planning to fix that today, the website is a new one but only half finished, I haven't even had a chance to upload the t-shirt designs yet either...
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread