What your zodiac sign says about your career
    What's written in the stars?

Scorpio, Leo, Taurus and Cancer signs were the most likely to earn $100,000 or more per year while Aquarius and Capricorn signs were most likely to earn $35,000 or less, according to the survey, which included more than 8,700 workers and was conducted nationwide across industries.

Pisces, Sagittarius and Capricorn were the most satisfied with their current jobs, and Gemini and Cancer reported being the least satisfied.

Read on to see how key characteristics of different zodiac signs matched up with the careers survey respondents reported. Source
    Interesting ... I'm a Capricorn but I've made more than 35K since I was 19 LOL, but I do agree with the characteristic generalization:

Capricorns are persistent, responsible and dogmatic; they thrive in positions of power and where you can apply your common sense. Capricorns reported working in art/design/architecture, nursing, science, IT, sales, farming and food preparation, which are all fitting to this zodiac.
    I wanted to be an architect when I was a kid, I love designing logos, working in the garden and cooking, my "job" is in IT and I think I've got pretty good common sense.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Yup, I think mine is right on too for Taurus:

Taureans are reliable, practical and honest; they are methodical and work well in teams. Additionally, these folks like jobs that deal with artistic or extravagant things.
    We'll have to see about the money thing, but I'm definitely optimistic.

Can't remember when I only made $35,000 so I guess I'm not typical either.

This is pretty close though. Always loved the universe, flying (but with a poor depth perception I can't fly pilot), and computers (been building them since my first 8088 and have 3 within reach right now that I use every day). I don't see affiliate marketing though
    Independent, humane, innovative, unconventional and visionary are all adjectives that describe Aquarians. Jobs suited for these character traits include astronomy, photography, aviation and computer technology.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Capricorns are persistent, responsible and dogmatic; they thrive in positions of power and where you can apply your common sense. Capricorns reported working in art/design/architecture, nursing, science, IT, sales, farming and food preparation, which are all fitting to this zodiac.
    I can agree with all that, except with the nursing part, because I don't like hospitals.

As for the food preparation part, most of the food preparation I do is to the food I'm ready to eat at the moment.

its not in the stars, but in ourselves that we are underlings

Staying motivated and art/design/architecture fit to a tee, but the rest is bunk...
    Gemini (May 21 - June 21) Gemini's need a profession that keeps them motivated and interested -- no two days at work should be the same. Gemini from the survey reported working such jobs as art/design/architecture, nursing and personal care, sales, law enforcement, firefighting and machine operation -- all of which are right up a Gemini's alley.

X

Thanks for sharing Haiko!

Virgo (August 23 - September 22) Virgos are detail-oriented with a passion for knowledge and meaning. Careers that require accuracy and research are well-suited to these folks. Some professions Virgo reported in the survey included social work, sales, editing/writing and food preparation.
    Food prep? Haha - I hate to cook.

Gemini (May 21 - June 21) Gemini's need a profession that keeps them motivated and interested -- no two days at work should be the same. Gemini from the survey reported working such jobs as art/design/architecture, nursing and personal care, sales, law enforcement, firefighting and machine operation -- all of which are right up a Gemini's alley.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Byerly
    Staying motivated and art/design/architecture fit to a tee, but the rest is bunk...
    Maybe the rest is bunk, but in your avatar you look like a cop, a firefighter, or an under cover machine gun, hit-man Ed.

Btw Ed, your top position ride in Gemini is about to expire, we'll be taking back our #1 title anyday now!

and Gemini and Cancer reported being the least satisfied
    Ohmigod, I'm Gemini and that is SO true. Every milestone is followed by "ok, that was good, but what's next"..

We all need to rest on our laurels sometimes! Is that even possible in this business..??

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Am I missing the link or something else? Where do we go to see all this awesome information?
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Look for Source in the OP...

X

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Byerly
    Look for Source in the OP...
    Thanks Ed!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    Crazy...I've done 4 of the 6 jobs listed there. One of these days I'll get to $35K a year though.

Bob

"Leos have a true lust for power and leadership. They are confident, optimistic and charismatic -- they have no problem winning people over with their charm. Government, legal services, art/design/architecture, engineering, entertainment, real estate and education, are all areas suited for Leos; luckily those are the professions reported in the survey, too."

rofl yeap, that's me alright. I'm just lusting for power all the time. and yeap, I'm just burstin with the ole confidence, too. lol

The art/design/architecture stuff tho's a match. Always wished I woulda had some sorta artistic talents. Am fascinated with education and love bein able to help teach anybody anything I happen to know. When I was younger wanted to be at times a fashion designer, interior decorator and especially an architect. I love doin anything where I'm creating things. Love cooking and gardening guess cos that's related to creating things.

pssssst my Mom was in hysterics in school when they did those tests to determine what area career wise you were suited for. lol I was supposed to be suited to be an admiral of my own ship in the Navy. lol Can't even swim, big ships scare me....and there's that leader stuff again. lol Guess I missed my calling. lol Admiral Purplebear kinda has a nice ring to it. Don't think I'm gonna reach my over $100,000 this year. lol

Millionaire on training wheels Justdoit's Avatar
    Hmm, I'm a Scorpio and the personality traits are true in my case, but some of the suggested occupations well they wouldn't work too well for me..
    I like being self employed, I have a wee problem with taking orders from anyone..

Outsourced Program Manager TrishaLyn's Avatar
    Aquarius (January 20 - February 18) Independent, humane, innovative, unconventional and visionary are all adjectives that describe Aquarians. Jobs suited for these character traits include astronomy, photography, aviation and computer technology. Aquarians who responded to the survey reported holding jobs in sales, military, engineering, mechanics, food preparation, facilities management and transportation.
    Well I guess it's no wonder that I'm interested in photography and computers! Although I could NEVER do any of those jobs lol! Maybe the last two, but there's no way I'd do the first ones.

Pisces (February 19 - March 20) Pisces are empathetic, caring, unselfish and spiritual, which combine well with healing or compassionate professions like health care, social work or philanthropy. Pisces in the survey are on the right track, reporting working in such careers as social work, personal care, IT and facilities management.
    Sounds about right

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    Interesting ... I'm a Capricorn but I've made more than 35K since I was 19 LOL, but I do agree with the characteristic generalization:

I wanted to be an architect when I was a kid, I love designing logos, working in the garden and cooking, my "job" is in IT and I think I've got pretty good common sense.
    I, too, wanted to be an architect when I was a kid. I even asked for a subscription to Architectural Digest for my birthday. LOL. But at my first full time job, I started at a lot more than $35k. And I make a helluva lot more than that now. And I'm not really "satisfied" with my j*b (9 to 5). I'm not dissatisfied, but I'm not satisfied. LOL.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Drumm
    Crazy...I've done 4 of the 6 jobs listed there. One of these days I'll get to $35K a year though.
    Wow, with that type of experience I would've thought you'd be making much more than 35 k by now. It seems as though some of the others here (excluding myself) are already making that much or more.

I have about 2 years worth of SEO experience and close to that 35 k mark :P

the rest of the info about taurus' are sooo true to me :P

Scorpio, Leo, Taurus and Cancer signs were the most likely to earn $100,000 or more per year
    I am a Taurean..and this is not true here...

haha, yea, i can only wish i made that type of money. i was talking more about personality traits, and the ones above for a Taurus seemed to be almost spot on.

LOL I am so sorry but that has to be the funniest horoscope ever!
    I am a gemini, LOL
    That is really over generalizing, according to the horoscope we can all be good at everything, but some of us are pushy, talented, creative, extravagent, shy and outgoing. that is like watching those psychics on TV who are doing a reading and they tell the person. " I see a male on your right side, did by chance a older male pass away?" Then the person getting the reading saying Yes Yes I Do!!!, How did you know, thats my grandfather!!!"

I can write better ones! LOL According to mine I can be a machine operating p/t firefighter going door to door selling medical supplies for the hospital I work for p/t as a rn and helped design!!!!!

Random thought, my last fortune cookies said "Among the lucky you are the chosen one" Woo hoo I am the Next Chosen One those who want to join me on my quest to save me a donation of $1000000000.00 will be accepted via alertpay....had to leave paypal they were on to me
    Last edited by jodyq; October 21st, 2008 at 08:53 PM. Reason: I said family on the left, we all know family is on the right
    Wear Short Sleeves!!! Support the right to bare arms!

i'm a leo and the characteristics by i havent seen no 100 000K

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread