Thumbs down Would you promote a 0 day cookie sponsor?
    I have found a virtual credit card sponsor that says it has a 0 day cookie policy, I think this is awful really, surely anything less than a week is pretty bad.

Anyone is promoting a 0 day cookie sponsor with success? Would you still reccomend it?

You can probably find stuff here about that if you use the "search" function. As I recall from a discussion a few weeks ago, no one here was receptive to these "0" day cookie merchants. Somewhere in that discussion, someone explained why there are such critters out there -- but no one really likes to promote 'em!
    Generate more fake news.

ABW Ambassador
    If you know that you have visitors who will only shop for a particular brand, or at a particular store who has a zero cookie policy, then promoting that merchant might be worth it. Some people are very loyal to a store or brand.

However, for most people, it just isn't worth it.

While most sales occur on the first visit, I think if they are really serious about their affiliate program they would have a respectable cookie life. Unless they have products you absolutely must have, find another merchant.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    No
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

I promote a few like that, but I tend to avoid them. They know that a significant portion of sales (which will vary depending on the affiliate and how they promote the merchant) will come through after that initial session. For many affiliates, that can be 50% or more. So affiliates just need to ask themselves before they decide to promote a merchant like this... Do I mind only getting paid on half of my sales?

They may think they're bright for getting twice as many sales as they pay commissions on, but they're not. The number of affiliates they lose (or aren't able to recruit) and the lower effort that their affiliates put into promoting them MORE than offset any "savings" they get with such a short cookie.

Affiliate marketing needs a win-win situation to maximize results.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

90% of conversions do not occur within the session (on average) (from the thread Gary was referencing - http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=109898
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

The problem is that another Visa prepaid program I found on SaS also had a 0 day cookie policy, so there isnt any prepaid visa or mastercard to promote unless it is with that policy, if you know of any PM me the link.

But I am definetely choosing another product to promote until then.

No.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    90% of conversions do not occur within the session (on average) (from the thread Gary was referencing - http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=109898
    Ditto! In some cases, a person will visit several times before making a purchase. So a 0 day cookie would not be something I'd recommend.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

a big no here

I will no longer join a 0 day merchant, I do admit I have one merchant remaining who has a 0 day cookie however this is the exception since this site does convert and I like shopping their myself.

Only if they were the only merchant for a certain market with a brand name recognition. But generally 'no'.

Sounds like a "Zero Day Exploit" to me... I'd put up a free link to USAA or somebody reputable to fill a slot before taking this kind of link. But then again, I'm a Merchant, what do I know.

BTW.. ladidah.. Nice Sheepie (Yup, I got one too).

Scott

I wouldn't. It's one reason it's so hard to make money with Amazon.com...
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

I promote whoever I make the most money with, simple as that.

Affiliate Manager
    I would not promote a 0 day cookie just because you are promoting their products for cutomers to find but yet you aren't getting your end of the share by helping them receive a sale.

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread