Question Question about Popshops Product Template
    I'm glad to see that there is such a site like this to help out with affiliate questions..

First, I'm a newbie in regards to affiliate marketing. I"m currently using Popshops for products offered in my site but wanted to know if there is any html templates that are similar to that of popshops which I can use to include products that are not available through popshops.

I use Linkshare and CJ and noticed that Popshops does not provide me with all the product database. My hope is to use the same (Alternating Wide) Popshops format but customize so that I can include products that are not available through popshops.

Any recommendation will be greatly appreciated.

Scott

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Hi Scott, and welcome to ABestWeb.

I just use an html table, and pop in individual product links - it looks identical to PS shops.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Thanks aarf for your reply!!!.. This may be a real stupid question (since I'm just starting to learn about HTML) but is there any html table resources that you can refer me to??? I tried editing popshops HTML to include different product links but does not look anything like popshops. Any info will be greatly appreciated!!!

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    I really don't have a "html resource" for this, but ...

I generally use the "borderless wide" (but with a border) for 4 x 4 product images, and I use this code to match it (you would need 4 of them for 16 products):

<table border="2" width="700" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0"bordercolor="#FFCC00">
    <tr>
    <td valign="top" width="25%"><center>POP IN PRODUCT LINK (and description, price as desired)</center></td>
    <td valign="top" width="25%"><center>POP IN PRODUCT LINK (and description, price as desired)</center></td>
    </tr>
    </table>

If you use this, you can modify size, color, etc. to match your Popshop design.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

AffiliateHound gave you some very good help, and if you ever decide you would like to learn more about tables, or HTML in general you can try http://www.w3schools.com/ . They offer free tutorials on everything you need to know. It's easy and free. You learn at your own pace and go back to check things you aren't sure of when they show up in your work. It's a valuable resource for anyone working on sites. Good luck

Thanks 2busy!!! I will look into that...

Thanks Affiliatehound!!!!! Really appreciate it... Now I have to do some homework to figure this thing out....

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread