Newb Question: PopShops vs. GoldenCAN vs. AffSolutions
    I know this might sound like a newb question (as it is), and I know that each of the above Programs or Affiliate Supplements(?) each have their own thread, but I kinda wanted to compare all 3 against each other and inquire about what each do and how they help ones program.

I'm already affiliated with PopShops, but was still on the fence about the other 2. So you guys can please help clarify what exactly each do to help an affiliate program and if it;s worth the investment.

Thanks all!

I am not at all familiar with AffSolutions. However, both PopShops and Golden Can are valuable tools for affiliates and most serious merchants with a datafeed are in both of them. Many, many affiliates use both of them to enhance their sites with a variety of datafeed solutions.

In another couple months there will be another datafeed tool available that will not directly compete with PS and GC, but will serve to compliment their offerings. The FeedCART folks are developing a couple of unique, focused applications with which to manipulate product datafeeds.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Outsourced Program Manager
    We currently have our feed in affSolution's Dynamic Product Showcase Creator and it works great! It's free for affiliates and the price is reasonable for a merchant. You can create a good looking product showcase within seconds.

I have actually just completed an article where I compare and popularize PopShops and GoldenCAN. As soon as it is published I would be happy to send you a link.

In a nutshell, they are both excellent affiliate tools, and affiliate-friendly merchants should aim at utilizing all such tools, and let affiliates choose which will work best for them. Most of these tools have SEO-friendly options, search functions, free-for-affiliates options, etc. GoldenCAN was voted the best affiliate tool 2006, while PopShops grabbed the same award for year 2007. Dynamic templates and page creators have historically been very popular among affiliates as well. Many use a number of such tools within the same website. So, I would definitely recommend going with all of the ones that you can afford.

Geno

Unless AffSolutions is different than the other Dynamic Product Showcase Creators I've used, I would doubt it can give as nice a result as PopShops.

There is a dynamic builder (I've forgotten their specific name for it) offered by Avantlink that's not too bad. It would be my second choice for a good, customizable tool behind PopShops. Then probably would be the Make a Page tool from SAS.

I've used a Dynamic Product Showcase Creator for some CJ merchants -- don't know, as I said, whether it's the same one as AffSolutions -- but it's really pretty lame compared to the results you get with PopShops, Avantlink, and SAS Make a Page.
    Generate more fake news.

I use GoldenCan and PopShops, not familiar with AffSolutions unless by another name(?) PopShops is free for merchants I believe because affiliates pay for services there. GC is free for affiliates except for cheap merchants who offer the feed with the gamble that your biggest commission ever won't fall on the 4th click which goes to GC if merchants don't pay.
    Both sevices have ups and downs, good points and bad.
    My preference is WebMerge because the pages are totally unique.

Thank you for moving it I don't think I would have ever ever found it.

[QUOTE=Geno Prussakov][LEFT]I have actually just completed an article where I compare and popularize PopShops and GoldenCAN. As soon as it is published I would be happy to send you a link.

Hi Geno, thank you for the offer; I would love to see your article when it's published! Any added information on how to be successful in the affiliate world is always helpful!

And thank you to the rest of you as well for your feedback. It would seem GC sounds like a viable option for me and I will defintely look into that (I might hold off on AffSolutions for now...tried emailing them, but the email bounced ). Question though, with PopShops, all I have to do as a merchant is recruit them and they take care of the rest???

Cymax,

If I may ... I love your energy and passion - it shows, but you also really need some tutelage and direction steering..as such I highly suggest you do a consult with an OPM to help guide you towards your goals, quickly, effectively and objectively.

I can recommend anyone in http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=236
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Question though, with PopShops, all I have to do as a merchant is recruit them and they take care of the rest???
    PopShops and GC are display solutions, you need to join a network to have affiliate sign up to your program with that network so that they can use PS or GC to create displays. PS and GC do not manage affiliate accounts, the networks do that part. You'll need to provide GC or PS with your product datafeed.

Haiko is right, you'd get best results consulting with an OPM. Facts will always eat opinions.

Hi guys,

thank you for the replies. I actually have been sifting thru the information Haiko sent all morning and finding all the information very useful so far, so thanks for that as well.

Cymax Golden Can free of 4th click would be great option

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread