ABW Ambassador
    Hi xxxxx,

I have been looking at your performance on the xxxxxxxx xxxx programme and it seems that your conversion rate is quite low. For example, last month you generated 948 clicks and only 2 sales

Could you please ensure that the traffic you send through is more targeted, as this low conversion is driving down the EPC of the programme.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards

xxxxx

My Reply:

Hi xxxxx

I'm sorry that you feel I am driving down your programs EPC.
    Your poor conversion rate from my sites is undoubtedly affecting my EPC also.
    Thank you for alerting me to this problem.
    I have terminated my relationship with your program.

Regards
    xxxxx

Mad Doctor Gfufy

Parasitewareâ„¢ Support The Fight

Guffy:

That's why you are, indeed, the king.

I read this to my staff and everyone fell down laughing. Well done!

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here
    ---------
    Beware Parasiteware! It is stealing your money!
    [What is Parasiteware? click here to learn more]

ABW Ambassador
    If you send pretty targeted traffic to a merchant, then its up to them to convert it.

I work in lounge pants . Looking for a sponsor, PM with offer.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    The Guffster strikes again. Love that answer!

Linda Buquet :: 714.754.1280 :: AM Consulting, Promotion & PR (Partner Relations)
    5 Star Affiliate Programs :: Top Paying/High-Integrity Merchants :: Visit 5 Star Forum
    <FONT size="1">Amazing Socks::ABCLeads::4LowRates::ChatDollars::ConsciousOne::EveryTicket::Organize-Everything
    DentalPlans::Irv's Luggage::Executive Essentials::IntelliContactPro::zZounds::RoadLoans</font>

Another Clueless Affiliate Manager Alert!

It's always the referring site that's at fault, isn't it? It's never the merchant site! Here's a hint to affiliate managers: if someone clicks on an affiliate link, they're interested. The affiliate site has done its job. If they don't convert, it's on the merchant site where this occurs, so STOP BLAMING THE AFFILIATES!

I realize there may be instances where completely untargeted traffic is sent to merchants, but by and large if there's enough interest to click on a link, it's really up to the merchant to make the sale at that point. I can't imagine there are that many bored people out there with nothing to do but click from one link to another to pass the time...

It takes two to Tango...

Andy

ABW Ambassador
    HAHAHA move this thread to the Daily Chuckle forum.. it's a great laugh

-------------
    <font size="1">Ladies and Gentleman you are being robbed every day, you know it and you're not doing anything about it. When is enough, enough? </font>

EPC going down?? They should be concerned about why their website isn't converting! I'd say that it's more of a clueless company if their worries lie in their EPC! Good move Guf!

Akiva Bergstrom
    Affiliate Partner Manager

<TABLE BORDER=0 cellspacing=2 width=600><TR><TD> <FONT SIZE=1>EssentialApparel.com
    CJ/6%/120 days
    Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@essentialapparel.com
    Phone: 973.696.6200 ext 751
    > Join now! < </TD> <TD><FONT SIZE=1>SportsFanfare.com
    CJ/10%/120 days
    Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@sportsfanfare.com
    AIM: akivabergs
    > Join now! < </TD> <TD><FONT SIZE=1>FunToCollect.com
    CJ/11%/120 days
    Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: affiliates@funtocollect.com
    > Join now! < </TD></TR></TABLE>

ABW Ambassador
    Way to go Guff!

I told you good ABW folks Guffy's posters site was rubbish, now do you believe me?

Well done Guffy you tell em lad "No one messes with the King and lives to make another sale"

I got my parasiteware t-shirt
    <font color=red size="1">All parasites are scumbags and should be treated as such....</font><font color=blue size="1">STAMP EM OUT!!!</font>
    Take care
    YouTrek.com

WAY to go!

Love it

Affiliate Manager
    Good Answer to a silly question!

Jessica Hutson
    Senior Manager of Affiliate Relations/Development
    Interactive Affiliate Network

A parasite free contract since June 2001
    http://ian.com

Worth repeating!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> It's always the referring site that's at fault, isn't it? It's never the merchant site! Here's a hint to affiliate managers: if someone clicks on an affiliate link, they're interested. The affiliate site has done its job. If they don't convert, it's on the merchant site where this occurs, so STOP BLAMING THE AFFILIATES! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sing it again, Sam.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> It's always the referring site that's at fault, isn't it? It's never the merchant site! Here's a hint to affiliate managers: if someone clicks on an affiliate link, they're interested. The affiliate site has done its job. If they don't convert, it's on the merchant site where this occurs, so STOP BLAMING THE AFFILIATES! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

Farewell, CJ! I loved you when you were young and pure. I will try to remember you that way. Disclaimer: Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

I got the same email from (likely) the same merchant.

The funny thing, at least in my opinion, is that I get sent an email because of my "high" number of clicks... all of 1200 in a whole month! If poor little me with my 1200 clicks is throwing off their entire EPC, then they are not going to be around much longer.

BTW, Guffy, just to rub it in a little more, I had TWICE the sales you did. If I am wrecking their company's EPC, then you are absolutely devastating it!

Sorry to be the "wet" blanket , but I do kind of disagree with a few statements here.

First - Guffy , I ENTIRELY agree with. If all a merchant is worrying about is their EPC , and not how the BOTH of you can make money , move on.

Second - "If you send pretty targeted traffic to a merchant, then its up to them to convert it." I HALF agree with this statement. Half agree because the relationship is suppose to be a partnership. If there are no sales , you have a lose-lose partnership. Better to have a win-win. If the traffic is "targeted" but converts poorly , and the site is at fault , CORRECT the problem. Discuss with your partner (merchant) what possible reasons are. I do this ALL the time with my sales staff. Why does some traffic from sites convert 1/80 , others 1/1000 and everything in between? We work TOGETHER to increase conversion rates.

Third - I HATE the reported EPC figures. Some merchants and affiliates think they are the be all and end all. They are only alerts to potential problems that BOTH the merchant and affiliate have to address together. Bottom line is ONLY the dollars. I have affiliates that INSIST on sending large amounts of traffic that converts low. ( the throw the spaghetti at the wall and see what sticks philosophy and some does stick ) Would I drop them because it is wreaking havoc with the program's epc? Absolutely NOT. A sale is a sale. Besides how many of those clicks turn into cash later on?
    I also cut the reported epc in almost half by posting the bonuses separately. CJ does not report these bonus commissions in the epc.

Remember , as "strange" as the concept is , YOU and the MERCHANT are PARTNERS ( or at least suppose to be ). Work together for that win-win partnership , every other partnership possibility , win-lose , lose-win ,lose-lose , helps NEITHER partner in the long run.

Just my opinions.

Cliff

Toledo Swords - Collectible Heirloom Armory
    http://www.toledoswords.com

I got one of those too. Made me feel kinda bad because it was true. Today though, for the first time, sales on two merchants. Made more than $10...A few weeks ago, I asked for advice from ABW members and got a number of responses and did make changes. So thanks for taking the time to help. Now just waiting for Google, its been about 2 months.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread