Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lingo VOIP Offering lower commission
    Lingo has sent in an offer as below. They used to pay $80 per sale now only $50.

Action: Lingo CJ Sale
    ActionCriteria Customer must complete an online purchase by submitting the Lingo order form.
    Action Referral Period 60 day(s)
    Action Referral Occurrences Unlimited
    Commission $50.00 USD
    Locking Period - Standard Actions lock on the 10th of the month, unless extended.
    Performance Incentive For Number of Actions equal to or greater than 26 increase commission by 10%.
    For Number of Actions equal to or greater than 51 increase commission by 20%.
    For Number of Actions equal to or greater than 76 increase commission by 40%.
    For Number of Actions equal to or greater than 101 increase commission by 70%.
    For Number of Actions equal to or greater than 125 increase commission by 110%.
    I am wondering whether i should start promoting other program paying higher. Anyone else got this?

Secondly they didnt pay any commission generated last month and sent email saying they will pay with october commission, so it would be in november now.

anyone else promoting lingo here? are you guys in same boat?

I wanted to talk to their affiliate manager, sent email no one replies. Apprently they are managed by CJ Media, anyone has their contact (Phone number)?

Secondly, i want to know has anyone else received this offer or it was just sent me as private offer.

they are strapped for cash they also just rasied their ETF and extended the legnth of their contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by HardwareGeek
    they are strapped for cash they also just rasied their ETF and extended the legnth of their contracts.
    sorry which contracts are you talking about? You mean they are short of cash?

ABW Ambassador
    I promote voip vendors. I think none of the pure play voip vendor is doing well. After Sunrocket's demise and the loss of unpaid commissions from Sunrocket, one shd be careful with the voip vendors.

Lingo not paying commission on time and lowering commissions is not a good sign.

I am thinking, though I wd be happy if I am wrong, that there won't be any payment from Lingo commissions any more. By next month, either the company goes caput or they will reverse all the past sales that they haven't paid yet.

Quote Originally Posted by sam_park
    I promote voip vendors. I think none of the pure play voip vendor is doing well. After Sunrocket's demise and the loss of unpaid commissions from Sunrocket, one shd be careful with the voip vendors.

Lingo not paying commission on time and lowering commissions is not a good sign.

I am thinking, though I wd be happy if I am wrong, that there won't be any payment from Lingo commissions any more. By next month, either the company goes caput or they will reverse all the past sales that they haven't paid yet.
    Thanks sam_park for heads up. I have noticed that their network earnings are falling down since september could be becoz they aint paying on time.

I hope they pay whatever is pending commission.

I didn't get paid on august and september ..hope get paid next month..

Quote Originally Posted by gejohn
    I didn't get paid on august and september ..hope get paid next month..
    Yeah now its not even converting well. Damn!

Affiliate Manager
    Lingo Commissions
    Quote Originally Posted by Godmode
    Yeah now its not even converting well. Damn!
    We are still paying $130 per sale through our lingo affiliate program. 888-439-0555

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by directcom
    We are still paying $130 per sale through our lingo affiliate program. 888-439-0555
    Who are we(you). And how is your conversion rate.

Most of the time these standalone voip affilite pgms lure with higher commissions, and then never pay.
    Example: Viatalk. They have two private programs for affiliates, as if one wasn't enough. They pay $50, thru CJ they pays $35. That extra $15 is the lure. But guess what, they don't pay. I still have $300 in outstanding commissions from last year. They have zero support for affiliates. If you log a ticket, it goes to the same ticket system as their voip customers. Then after a few days, they just close affiliate related ticket without any response. There is no phone# to call, no email, no aff manager. If you call their regular customer support and ask for an affliate manager to speak to, they say huh.. affliate mgr.. what is that.. we don't have any.. You get the picture.

Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Affiliate Manager
    Direct Communications is a distributor for Lingo, Qwest, HughesNet, ADT, and Directv. Our lingo program provides a website for all affiliates to use. I'm pretty sure the same that CJ provides. If you want to have a conference call on Monday we can set some time up. You can call the office direct 970-212-3425 ask for Barry Gilinsky.

ABW Ambassador
    I am almost tempted to join you. But I have burnt my fingers with stand alone affiliate pgms, like Viatalk and Web Hosting pgms. I am active in the voip field and $130 vs $50 thru CJ sounds too good .... to be true. I am not sure what the catch is or if there is a catch.

Once bitten twice shy, I will stay away from private programs.

Quote Originally Posted by sam_park
    Who are we(you). And how is your conversion rate.

Most of the time these standalone voip affilite pgms lure with higher commissions, and then never pay.
    Example: Viatalk. They have two private programs for affiliates, as if one wasn't enough. They pay $50, thru CJ they pays $35. That extra $15 is the lure. But guess what, they don't pay. I still have $300 in outstanding commissions from last year. They have zero support for affiliates. If you log a ticket, it goes to the same ticket system as their voip customers. Then after a few days, they just close affiliate related ticket without any response. There is no phone# to call, no email, no aff manager. If you call their regular customer support and ask for an affliate manager to speak to, they say huh.. affliate mgr.. what is that.. we don't have any.. You get the picture.
    You made my day. Someone had to speak out about those scammer hiding behind the name "Viatalk". Those guys owe me over $800. Sent numerous email, they never bother to reply.

Today affiliates are being treated as slaves. Honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by directcom
    Direct Communications is a distributor for Lingo, Qwest, HughesNet, ADT, and Directv. Our lingo program provides a website for all affiliates to use. I'm pretty sure the same that CJ provides. If you want to have a conference call on Monday we can set some time up. You can call the office direct 970-212-3425 ask for Barry Gilinsky.
    Guys, am one of the biggest VOIP affiliate at the moment. Tell me what you can do better than the CJ program. I will call you guys and you need to show me the value add in order to let me switch to you.

Secondly, Whats the gurantee of the payment. CJ Lingo program has not paid since September, so would you guarantee the payment?

Affiliate Manager PingoPrepaidCallingCards's Avatar
    voip affiliate programs gone bad
    wow what a thread. I also heard of a person that got screwed for commissions with viatalk. Plus they charge some extra fee's that you don't really see, when you sign up.

Sorry to have all this negative buzz around voip affiliate programs.

I'll I can say is that Pingo is not going anywhere and we just launched an int. soft phone feature for reduced web phone calls abroad.

-b
    Brian Hawkins AM @ [URL=http://www.pingo.com/affiliate.do]Pingo[/URL] Earn up to $35 CPA for a [URL=http://www.pingo.com/p/onedollar/onedollar.html]$1 trial offer[/URL]!
    [URL=http://www.twitter.com/TelecomAgents]@TelecomAgents[/URL] [URL=http://www.twitter.com/telephonecard]@TelephoneCard[/URL]

ABW Ambassador
    I almost thought not to reply to Brian(Pingo)'s post, but since Brian saw this thread as an opportunity to promote his Pingo affiliate pgm, I wanted to post my exp with Pingo. I have absolutely no ill intentions. I am just an affiliate trying to grow my business.

When Pingo went live on LinkShare, I had signed up with them and had driven sells that I had proof of. But none of the sales were tracked and I got no commissions. After repeated attempts to prove that I had driven sells, I even provided names and addresses of my friends who signed up thru my link, nothing came of it. After several months, when I had stopped promoting Pingo, Pingo accepted(emailed) that they have discovered a tracking issue and have fixed it, though I nver got credit for my sales. I never came back to Pingo, and I am promoting other vendors in the same niche.

Its not just Viatalk that undercuts affiliates. There are many in the industry.

Sam,

I do recall this issue from a long time ago, but i don't have your full information to help address this. So I just Pm'd you.

1st: As with any merchant, its important to connect personally to ensure that we can resolve these types of issues. So I wouldn't have known unless you spoke up about this. As I thought this was resolved a long time ago.

2nd: Since you decided to post this concern publicly. I just need to post a few points.

- This thread was started from an affiliate GodMode, that has bin a long term partner of Pingo and can be a reference to confirm that we do pay are partners.

- I just confirmed aff. payments in Linkshare for October sales today. As I do every month.

I hope that you'll email or call me personally, as I do want to resolve this and hopefully build back this relationship together. Since I'm now aware of the issue.
    Brian Hawkins AM @ [URL=http://www.pingo.com/affiliate.do]Pingo[/URL] Earn up to $35 CPA for a [URL=http://www.pingo.com/p/onedollar/onedollar.html]$1 trial offer[/URL]!
    [URL=http://www.twitter.com/TelecomAgents]@TelecomAgents[/URL] [URL=http://www.twitter.com/telephonecard]@TelephoneCard[/URL]

ABW Ambassador
    I promote many vendors and hope to grow the list. I don't expect all my vendors to be equally good. As and when I come across issues, I pursue it with the AM and the network for a while. If nothing positive comes out of it, I end the relationship and move on. Its part of the affiliate marketing model.

I have ended my relationship with Pingo quite some time back, may be over a year by now. I had brought up the issue, I had discussed it. There was never a final resolution, I never got the commissions for the sales I had referred which was later acked by Pingo was due to a tracking issue. The tracking issue wasn't my fault. I promoted Pingo in good faith, drove sales, didn't get paid.

I am sure the issue must ve been fixed, and you are paying commissions now. But for me its too late, I am happy with the vendor I promote now in the same niche.

commission
    Sam,

I understand your point.

I'm trying to dig through my old emails to at least find your contact info. If you'd like to follow up, with your info. I can at least try to resolve this with you. Because we DO want to pay for commissions earned.

-B

Sam, Brian is seriously a great affiliate manager. I can tell you that he has worked weekends to help me get going with pingo. I am not making a killing with them yet but its not too bad etiher. I was paid twice since I started off and am expecting to get paid in november now.

Give them a try. Brian is full of ideas and he should be able to help. At the same time, i agree that someone gaining lost confidence is difficult just like what happened with Viatalk. Serious I believe viatalk owes people more money than they have raised capital

P.s: Anyone seen sucky sales this halloween. DUH. Halloween bad bad

ABW Ambassador
    Lingo does it again. They are changing their commission structure from Jan 09. Something is seriously wrong with them. No body changes commissions every two months.

Dropping them like like a hot potato. Bye bye Lingo.

You generate 50 orders for the month of January. These customers bill $1,500. Lingo is able to collect $1,200 from the customers. The total commission paid to you will be $180 ($1,200 x 15%). The average lifecycle of a Lingo customer is about 30 months. This means that you could potentially receive $5,400 just for the customers that you bring in for the month of January!
    WOW. Thats like $3.50 per sale. Is this a joke? With such high PPC cost, do they think we are going to promote this offer any further?

Even a 3 field CPA or a ZIP submit pays $2-$3. Is this some kinda joke?

I will be writing an email to Marketing Director of Lingo. Lets she what they have to say about this.

I am dropping too.Only a fool will run this offer with $3 payout.

ABW Ambassador
    They are saying it will be a recurring commission every month. Per them they are saying the lifetime of a customer is 30 months. Realistically, lets says its a year and not 30 months.

So 12 x $3.50/mo = $42.

So they pretty much lowered the commission, plus they will pay it over a much longer period. Then how do you know how long the customer actually stays with Lingo. I am afraid, most of the customers will vanish after a few months. And affiliates will end up with chump change for promoting them.

Its a lose lose situation for the affiliates.

agreed. This model doesnt make any sense to me.

1) We get $3.50 per signup and get paid over a period of year. whats the gurantee that the customer remains with them?
    2) who is going to keep track of all those 30 months they claim?

Seriously this is awful and am sure every single affiliate will drop their program including you and me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast