Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    hmm I'm that close of dropping google adsense. the first week I put them on my site I was making 25 cents-$1 a day last week it's down to nothing... none, zip. Is anyone else making money with google adsense?

Jason
    xtremeshopping.org
    aim: ssn jason
    <a href="http://www.xtremeshopping.org/affiliateconsulting.html"target="_blank">Xtreme's partnership information<a>

"No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow."

Doing okay!

Ray Thomas
    DesignerWiz.com CEO
    Development Resource & Javascript Public Archive Center
    http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board: Category: Programming / Coding

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Are you making money with google adsense??<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Most definitely!

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

excellent money with them

ChaChing$$$$

Jason,

No complaints here either with Google Adsense. I'm looking forward to receiving my second biggest check ever since I started AM for last months earnings from Google I browsed around your site and only found one adsense banner??? Am I missing something. Give them a real shot by placing them in prime spots on more pages for a couple of days and see how you do. Just a thought

Merchant Coincidences, One of the Wonders of the World

Coincidence Me baby!

I've been happily amazed - and I'll leave it at that.

ABW Ambassador
    Jason, i would concentrate on making your site to sell. Adsense is making publishers good money now, but i think a lot of advertisers will stop having their ads shown on content sites, blog sites, sites made just to take advantage of contextual advertising. Didn't advertising on content sales fail before, not that great ROI for advertisers. People that usually visit content sites are usually looking for info and are not in the "buying mood".

I work in lounge pants . Looking for a sponsor, PM with offer.

The last two days I've had zero clicks, which is a bit strange.

Exactly from the 1st May my earning are about 40% down, but im still very satisfied with adsense.

Pleasantly surprised. We'll ride this gravy train as long as we can.

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here
    ---------
    Beware Parasiteware! It is stealing your money!
    [What is Parasiteware? click here to learn more]

Actually it seems to be remarkable stable in terms of both clickthrough rate and earnings per click.

Of course the Google terms of service prohibit us from actually comparing details.

________
    "All your commission are belong to us." - Slimeware Corporation

ABW Ambassador
    Stable and climbing.

I was experiencing with the adsense lately on my secondary site. In the first week after I'd put up adsense links, revenue started to kick in, earning about 3 dough a day. In the last 3 days, things started to get quiter, earned only mere pennies a day. So I went to check out what was going on, and it surprised me when I found out all of the google adsense were showing "Humanitarian", "South East Asia Developing Nations", "World Hunger" stuff like that, totally unrelevant to the content of the pages. No wonder no one had clicked any of those adsense links.

Is google screwed this up or something ?

ABW Ambassador
    The tiny amount of money I'm making is still better than a kick to the head.

Consistency is the key to a winning season.

ABW Ambassador
    More than I ever thought would be possible! I nkow include the vertical adsense banner on every page a make.. and it pays big time.

-------------
    <font size="1">Ladies and Gentleman you are being robbed every day, you know it and you're not doing anything about it. When is enough, enough? </font>

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    redsand- google now has an option where you can substitiute an ad of your choice in place of the charity links they put up. I haven't used it, but you might take a second look at that.

- - - - - - - - -
    A page a day keeps the creditor away!

ABW Ambassador
    Google Adsense is great. However, you need to be careful where you place the ads.
    I have ads on thousands of pages, but I also have thousands of pages without Google Adsense. You have to get the balance right.
    Almost 1/3 of my income now comes from Google Adsense.

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cjshoppingnetwork:
    Google Adsense is great. However, you need to be careful where you place the ads.
    I have ads on thousands of pages, but I also have thousands of pages without Google Adsense. You have to get the balance right.
    Almost 1/3 of my income now comes from Google Adsense.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you would be very pleasantly surprised if you gave Google Adsense top placement on every single page you have.

The balance is right if there is a Google Adsense leaderboard or vertical banner on 100% of my pages IMO. This action also created a higher "balance" in my checkbook.

Larry Wentz

AffiliateNetwork.org newWebsite.com (Host 200 Domains - $29/Month)
    </p>

</p>

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    Yeah, I'm making a few cents too. I put the ads on most of my content pages. My click through rate is between 2.0 and 2.4% (on a weekly basis). What click through rates are you getting?

Mike
    Cow Dance

P.S.
    Moo

Bucket loads

Brian Johnson
    (Chef Brian)
    Seek and you shall find
    Learn About Lifetime Commissions @ Myrxforless

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Pleasantly surprised. We'll ride this gravy train as long as we can.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> So am I.

The biggest thing I have not really studied about using Adsense is if my affiliate conversions have suffered on pages where I put up Adsense.

This is on my list of things to study, but I have just not gotten around to it yet.

Has anyone studied this aspect? Could you be making more off affiliate sales that would outweigh the Adsense money? I would be most interested in your thoughts.

Burke

Goal: $10,000/month by 12/04

Looking very quickly at my stats over the last couple of months, I am not seeing an adverse affect on my affiliate sales by placing adsense on my pages.
    I have seen 4 consecutive months of increases in sales each of which has set a new all time record for me. In mid August I placed Adsense on the majority of pages and so far there has been no decrease or slowing of my sales. It seems like the people who would be buying from me are still buying and the ones who wouldn't are clicking the adsense links.
    I'll ride this wave as long as I can!

Education is Key
    Parasiteware.com

Game on!!!! - The DawgFather

I'm working on a new content site with a nice big space right at the top for the AdWords leaderboard. It seems to be the best out of the four formats, but difficult to fit into sites where I've previously designed only for 120-pixel wide skyscapers and the traditional 468x60 banners.

If you haven't already used it, this little tool is great for previewing what ads would run on your site without having to actually upload them.

________
    "All your commission are belong to us." - Slimeware Corporation

The only sites I don't put AdSense on are sites dedicated to a particular merchant, where I use some of their materials. It wouldn't be right to put up ads for rival merchants under those circumstances - not that I don't want to - I think my revenue would go up if I did.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast