ABW Ambassador
    Give Notice Before Deactivating Links
    I just received the following:
    We regret to inform you that your affiliate relationship with Eddie Bauer has been deactivated by the advertiser.

Each Google Affiliate Network advertiser controls the number and type of publishers in their affiliate marketing program. They also have the option to make changes, which may warrant removal of some publishers.

While this is not necessarily a reflection of the quality or value of your site, Eddie Bauer has determined that due to their revised terms and conditions and the direction of their affiliate program, your site is no longer relevant to the program.
    Please remove any creative or links on your Web site for the Eddie Bauer affiliate program as soon as possible. Any sales generated through Eddie Bauer links remaining on your site will not be commissioned.

You are always welcome to apply to other advertisers in Google Affiliate Network. Click here to apply for new programs: http://www.con nectcommerce.com/partner/view_available_client.html?reltype=V&primary=advertisers

Please visit the Communications Preferences page (http://www.connectcommerce.com/partn...nications.html) within ConnectCommerce to manage your email communications and opt-in for Non Joined Advertiser Opportunities -- invitations directly from advertisers looking to establish new affiliate relationships.

If you would like to change the address where you receive email communication, please visit Setup> Profile.

Need interface assistance? Click here to review the Publisher User Guide:
    http://kb.doubleclick.com/article.as...le=19670&p=934

Sincerely,

Google Affiliate Network
    Fine, I have no problem being deactivated by Eddie Bauer but I do have a problem with broken banners/links on my site. Eddie Bauer never even communicated with me but they are messing with my website.

Please tell your advertisers that they need to communicate with your publishers before taking action like this. This is not the economic environment to be pissing people off.

I would like some acknowledgment from a GAN employee.

Lightbulb
    got my notification just now. no problem either, but I think it is a stupid time to do it to us.

ABW Ambassador
    Sure is.

We also got the same notice and all the banners have gone blank for Eddie Bauer.
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

I agree that some notice would be nice, I have not yet received an email and my links are still working. I do generate sales for them so I hope I am not next. Most of the programs that deactivated me in that past have given at leat 7-14 days notice.

Hey merchants: In order to generate some nice incremental holiday sales you need to delay trimming affiliates until after the holidays. Actually, I would prefer that you didn't at all, but I know you like to sometimes feel all big and powerful. Long tail applies here too...combine a bunch of low producing affiliates and it can collectively equal one of your best performing affiliates. Plus, it enhances your visibility. What's so wrong with that?

-sfcom

They deactivated me yesterday, and e-mailed me some new links today.

ABW Ambassador
    Not impressed with GAN's silence.

Lightbulb
    Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ
    got my notification just now. no problem either, but I think it is a stupid time to do it to us.
    Further: if by any chance they made a mistake and pushed the wrong button, it will be late December before I can get around to putting their links back.

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    "Eddie Bauer has determined that due to their revised terms and conditions and the direction of their affiliate program"

So what are the revised terms and conditions that has led to this massive deactivation? I assume Eddie Bauer knows. On the other hand, they may not be able find their arse in a paper bag given this slick move.

At least there was notice for Activa Sports. I just received this:

Thank you for your continued support of the Activa Sports Affiliate Program. Activa Sports has made the decision to terminate the activasports.com website effective January 2009. Therefore, the Activa Sports affiliate program with Google Affiliate Network will terminate on Monday, November 17th. All links and creative must be removed from your site by this date. Activa Sports' 30-day cookie will remain in effect and you will be compensated for any sales which originate by November 17th and are completed by Wednesday, December 17th.
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

I was deactivated as well, and I have had several sales for them this month. Quite annoyed.

Have had some sales with them, too but got deactivated as well. There are plenty of others like them so not really annoyed but don't like the emails being sent just the other day for new offers when they turn around and deactivate ya after the fact that the links no longer work.

mdf & purplebear did you get the email yesterday or today? Just wondering if they are going through the sites one at a time.

I don't think any affiliate program gets this right, they should at least allow banners to ride while notice is given. One better would be to notify marketers in advance, have a feed, or a paying default setting.

However, the same thing happens in channel sales, products are discontinued without notifying the stores.

It takes the community to push for at least RSS feeds of discontinued publishers so we can clean up our sites, I don't spider affiliate links for 404 errors, so I won't see a dropped advertiser any other way.

Best,

Justin
    [i]Always interested in great B2B affiliate programs that serve Sales and Marketing professionals. Private message if you have something.[/i]

kse: I received the email on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by mdf
    kse: I received the email on Monday.
    Thanks for the reply.

kse:
    Just went and checked. Mine was sent around 4:30 pm yesterday.
    And.... it was around 12:30 pm the 20th (day before) I got the email with the offer ending 11/11 and 12/24 to put on my site.

hmmm can see ya up there, so you're very )

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread