no commissin or sale logged in for Oct 15, 2008
    I myself ordered a product on Oct 15, 2008 through a link on my website. Till date, I do not see any sale or click logged in linkshare. Forget about the commission. Why is that so? What am I supposed to do?

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    With LS you never really know what action is or is not necessary.

Some merchants, regardless of network, report a transaction when the sale is made, some when the product is shipped, and some not until the return time has passed.

It also seems that with LS there are other regular delays in posting, and while some merchants do have transactions posted the same day, most seem to post within 2 to 7 days of the transaction, but there are some that do not have their transactions posted for up to a month or more after the sale date.

If you are new at affiliate marketing and especially LS, it is hard to figure this all out, but when you have had regular sales for awhile, you can see the patterns, and understand which merchants seem to report when.

All this is not to say that there is not some other problem causing your specific transaction to not have been posted, and the best course of action is to try to contact the affiliate manager of the merchant in question. This, however, is not always possible with LS, as the merchant may not have any direct contact information, and only have contact information through LS, which may never result in a response from the merchant.

Good luck with resolving this problem, and if you find that there is a problem with the merchant's tracking that may be affecting other affiliates, please post that and the identity of the merchant.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Yes I am new to affiliate marketing and so to linkshare as well. So, I think I should wait for few more days..maybe this week, and if still there is nothing, I will have to contact them and wait for a reply..

an update..Its been almost a week now that I ordered this product, but I had no information about the product been shipped. So, I contacted them and they tell me that it has already been shipped. I ask for the tracking number and then I am told that they will ship it first thing in the gimorning and ve me the tracking info. But already a day has passed and still nothing. So, I just went ahead and cancelled my order. They were so lame in processing an order that was placed a week ago. And I guess, that was the reason, I did not see any record in linkshare.

Thumbs up Sorry
    Sorry
    Last edited by TK98; October 21st, 2008 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Didn't mean to spam

TK98 - this is a linkshre forum. You've posted in a wrong forum..and I guess..you should have started a new thread for your topic instead of spamming my thread. Please move/delete your post.

Not sure what happened with that akinak - sorry I'm a newbie too.

Oh I'm very sorry

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    akinak, unless you are going to totally drop this merchant, you should have let the purchase go through so you could see if it ever tracked, and if not, if they ever give a reason.

I also think it is time to name the merchant. (As much due to their customer service problems as the tracking issue.)
    Last edited by Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound; October 21st, 2008 at 01:59 PM.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Yes, I thought at first..but I could not wait so long for the product. I am a little short on patience..

Well, I ordered it from drugstore.com

Quote Originally Posted by TK98
    Not sure what happened with that akinak - sorry I'm a newbie too.
    thats okay..I am a newbie too...and sometimes mistakes can happen. But please be aware next time you do that in anybody's thread.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread