First $100 day thanks to EPN!
    I have been at the affiliate game for a bit, only make a couple bucks here or there. Then I came across a niche that was pretty untouched and managed to build a site (primarily monetized via the EPN) that is now considered an authority site on purchasing things within this niche. Thanks to them I just hit my first $100 day!

$100.01 to be exact if you count the .27 I made from AdSense that day. It was mostly luck...I got 2 UK ACRUs (I NEVER get them from Brits!) and 2 US ACRUs and the rest were transactions. My site is set to make ~$700 this month if things go as planned (historically has been making $400-$500/mo) off of roughly 200 visits/day.

This has been my best month yet and I'm reinvesting in some print advertising for an upcoming niche convention and I also am in the process of redesigning my entire site to be more SE friendly and not look like complete crap. I'm in the top 3 on Google for many of the top two-word terms in the niche, but still haven't cracked page 4 for the single word broad term of the niche...hopefully this will get me there.

So...enough about me. Tell me about your first $100 day! Divulge as much as you'd like...I'm just curious what factors led up to it.

That's a great milestone, Haltingpoint. CONGRATULATIONS! I wish you many, many more.

I can't really share much about my first $100 day because I don't remember the particulars. But I recall it being was three or four hotel reservation sales during the third week of June, 2000. I've been doing this a while. We were away on a trip at the time and I had re-designed a hotel display page the day before we left; and, all of a sudden, my conversions really picked up. I remember having a total of eight sales during the four days we were gone.

(Just think how excited you will be when you get that first $1000 day.)
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

congrats!

Sounds like Haltingpoint is now cooking with gas and reaching the boiling point!

Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Thanks for the warm sentiments guys. I can't even think about the $1000 day yet...baby steps...

I'm curious, how much were you averaging per day when you decided to do internet marketing full time (if you in fact do this full time).

Also, Bill, not sure how big the hotel site is for you now but any chance you would grace us with a link?

Congratulations Haltingpoint! You're well on your way now Trust me, that first $100 day is the hardest.

Quote Originally Posted by Haltingpoint
    Thanks for the warm sentiments guys. I can't even think about the $1000 day yet...baby steps...

I'm curious, how much were you averaging per day when you decided to do internet marketing full time (if you in fact do this full time).
    You've made a lot more baby steps than you think. The first $1000 day is usually not too far off where you are now. Whatever you do, don't settle for what you have. Keep pushing, improving and building. Keep creating value.

I remember my first $1000 day very clearly. I went from $400 a day to $1000 overnight with a simple change to the way I was doing things.

I have not hit the $10000 day yet although I nearly did on the 12th of this month. November is going to be a good month for us all

Quote Originally Posted by cianuro
    I remember my first $1000 day very clearly. I went from $400 a day to $1000 overnight with a simple change to the way I was doing things.
    Thanks for the encouragement cianuro. Without divulging too much, can you share any details about the simple change you made? Always curious about things that lead to such a high boost in performance.

Thanks for the encouragement cianuro. Without divulging too much, can you share any details about the simple change you made? Always curious about things that lead to such a high boost in performance.

Must have hid the link to that answer in white text...lol

Quote Originally Posted by dmac968
    Must have hid the link to that answer in white text...lol
    Lol, yeah...i'd still love to know though!

BTW, cleared $900 from all my efforts last month. Almost at the 1k/mo mark! Of course maintaining it is the trick...hopefully my redesign will be a big help with that.

Congrats on your first $100+ day. May there be many more!

My first $100+ day was many, many years ago. I sold a gazebo! I don't think I was even marketing gazebos. LOL.

I really enjoy seeing what people actually buy from my sites, especially if it's totally unrelated to what I was marketing. I'm constantly amazed. LOL.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Sorry haltingpoint, I only got a new email notification of this thread today.

The change I made was detecting if the user came from clicking on an adwords ad and dynamically removing the navigation. That made a huge impact.

As you go on, you'll find smaller things that make the smallest improvements. They all add up over the course of a year.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread