ABW Ambassador
    Just was thinking about all that complaints that some of us are doing to CJ via this forum, mainly to Todd and the other guys from CJ (Mac and another guy that I can't remember because I'm pretty new here), it's great having them here.

So I was afraid that they just become tired of complaints and get out, so to compensate, this msg it's just to remind you that we apreciate your help! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

PD: But tomorrow I will complain hehehe [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Fer

ABW Ambassador
    Someone is looking for more sales......
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

ABW Ambassador
    If this is how to get tracking to work...

you guys are great! you guys are gods! CJ is the best company in the world!

k, maybe it's not true, but hey, one can only hope...

Supras | Celicas

ABW Ambassador
    CJ.... Wanna borrow my wife? She's great!

Andy Williams

Most of the complaints are ok. It's the ones that are either false or misleading that are painful to read. This brings up a good Disraeli quote, "As a general rule the most successful man in life is the man who has the best information" - ironically Benjamin Disraeli was a politician but the point is this board may or may not have the best info. If anyone has specific concerns with their account then they should speak to Customer Service and get an answer straight from the horses mouth.

Business Intelligence Analyst
    Commission Junction - The Largest Pay-For-Performance Ad Network
    http://www.cj.com

ABW Ambassador
    So, you heard it here folks...don't believe a word Todd or David say. Also don't believe those of us who have first hand experience.

Let's hear it for mac for solving all of our problems, cuz we all know that customer service knows all and can solve all.

ROFL HAHAhahahahah! HAH!

Supras | Celicas

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    If anyone has specific concerns with their account then they should speak to Customer Service and get an answer straight from the horses mouth.

What I find painful is asking Customer Services a question only to find that after a week of waiting a completely different question has been answered. After re-asking a completely different answer is given to the same imaginery question.

Andy Williams

The point is do not settle on any information unelss it comes from an official source such as Customer Service, Todd, or David.

ABW Ambassador
    mac,
    so your point is, only believe CJ. Take my experience w/ eBay as an example. I placed a bid that was not tracked, nor credited to me. I know this. This is fact. This cannot be disputed. But because it didn't come from CJ, it can't be true??? I've seen bold-faced lies come from CJ reps about tracking/reporting working when it wasn't, so how can we trust CJ?? how can we trust you?

oh and by CJ, I'm speaking of Todd, David, you and customer service.

Supras | Celicas

Blaine,

I understand what your saying and more so in my talks with CJ today ... hopefully NOW you will see what I said to Billy is, indeed, a FACT!

quote:
    The point is do not settle on any information unless it comes from an official source such as Customer Service, Todd, or David.

When did anyone at CJ own up to IDT NOT tracking for three months? (Just one example).

When was the last time CJ came forward and said ... hey clicks aren't being tracked, don't worry this will not affect sales because of A, B and C just wante to let you know in case anyone saw some anomalies. ... this would go miles in the restoration of faith in many.

TRUST, as in "trusted third party", only comes when it is EARNED!

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

Celicaphile,
    Contact Customer Service. Support starts with Customer Service. When they have your info then they can start an investigation. I want to help by posting on these boards but the correct approach is to go through CS.

Here are two random tips. Be familiar with the context of your data. For example, I picked two publishers that made some recent posts to this board then I went through their accounts to see if there were any problems. Both these accounts have decreasing pub commissions for the months sep-02, oct-02, and nov-02 and both pubs claim that there is a problem with tracking. The decrease in revenues for both pubs was actually isolated to a few affiliations. It may be easy to point the finger at tracking however they should investigate why some affiliations were up and others were down.

Second one. Transactions have a lifecycle and are very complex. The oversimplified idea is we collect data, consume it, push it out for reporting, lock it, pay it, then close it. They also have many different components. The click is one component. Revenue is another component. These components are normally processed at the same time however 'clicks' consumption is behind. The important thing to understand is that 24/7 we are collecting data and hopefully sooner than later the data reaches the point where it can be pushed out to reports.

==
    Blaine

Blaine,

Before you start sending people to CJ customer support, make sure they are up for the task. For example, in August I sent in a question. After not answered in 72 hours I sent another. After not answered in 144 hours I sent another. After not answered in 11 days I sent another.

What really ticks me off is every time I sent one of those requests I got an automated response that said "You should expect a response regarding resolution from us within 72 normal business hours."

Either respond in 72 hours, even if to say we are currently looking into it, or remove this erroneous message from your automated responses.

Better yet, change the name from Customer Support to Please Leave A Message.

Sorry, but this has happened to me a couple of times now at CJ support and, as I think it is an inexcusable way to do business, it is a real sore subject with me.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

Every day is a chance to learn something new and a opportunity to teach someone else.

ABW Ambassador
    Hi there, what begun as a thank-you msg is now a compaining place...

Please, consider that his guys are here to help us, we know that CJ has tech and ethical problems, but this guys already know that, and I think they are not the responsible persons for that.

They are part of the Good things at CJ, I'm not sure if other ad-network forums have 3 ad-network members to support an unofficial forum.

At least post your complaints in another Topic, this topic is not related to complaints.

Fer

Fer,

I was following up on a conversation I had with compliance today to Blaine. But, you are absolutely correct, we are very thankful of all that CJ (all their ABW members) do/does on ABW for it's affiliates, we should not look past that.

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by mac:
    Most of the complaints are ok. It's the ones that are either false or misleading that are painful to read

I'd like to ask something to you mac, David, todd, et al. CJ.

What do you think is the motivation for an affiliate to post a complaint about CJ?

We make our living off CJ. You are currently about 70% of our business. We have no desire to see you fail. In fact, we like working with CJ. In many respects it's a great relationship. We have no desire to hurt your business. In short, our only motivation is increasing our check from CJ. It's 100% self serving; that is our only motivation. We have no grudge against CJ. There is no personal feelings toward yourself, Todd, Dave or anyone at CJ (at least not by us.)

I only complain when there is a valid problem that I see interfering with that goal. I only post here when I get no satisfaction from CJ Customer Service. I only post here to point out problems that are correctible if CJ would motivate itself to correct them. I only post here when I see CJ say something that is in conflict with our experiences at CJ.

So, everytime you see me, or anyone here post a msg that is "painful" to you, I want you to think "What is motivating this person to say such a thing?" Go back and look at all of these "painful" posts and I think you will see a general theme: people are wanting to make money and they see things at CJ that are preventing us from reaping 100% of the rewards we are after. We are all posting out of our self-interests, not hate or a desire to hurt.

CJ has stated for years, that "we only make money when you make money." Going back to our self-serving motivation: make more money, I can guarantee you that every post I have ever put here has been 100% with that in mind. I want to make more money. And the reason I post what I do is to demonstrate how CJ is hurting that goal.

I'm not here trying to be popular. I'm not running for office. I'm not trying to find friends or hurt enemies. I'm not typing to see my name in print. I'm not looking for my lost puppy. I'm here to make money. And if CJ's goal is to make money, then whenever you read one of these "painful" posts, think, "there goes another 30%." Because that I what I'm saying to CJ when I post.

http://SearchToSale.com - Turns your search box into money.

ABW Ambassador
    To put this thread back on topic, I do appreciate you being here and where there was just one, there are now three of you here, and I think that's a great move.

So thank you very much.

http://SearchToSale.com - Turns your search box into money.

ABW Ambassador
    I realize what a pain it is to deal with affiliates. We have such incomplete information. Of course, when you have only a few thousand clicks a month, you really cannot determine trends. When you see something in your data, you need to get verification.

I've noticed that a lot of "tracking complaints" on the board are actually affiliate to affiliate questions trying to figure out what they're stats mean. Comments like: my clicks have been bad for the last two days, are yours?

Of course, at any given time, about 20% of the people on the board will be having worse sales than the week before and say...yeah, me too? I can see how CJ would interpret these aff2aff conversations as complaints.

The last time CJ had a big drop in clicks, I clicked on an ad and never saw my click show up. Occasionally there was something real a day or so ago. Or efforts aren't completed wasted.

Industrywise, I wish there was a general acknowledgement that the process necessarily errs in favor of the merchant, and that there are a great number of dimpled chads in the voting process.

With good open acknowledgement of the truth, I think it puts the affiliate community and CJ in a better position to ask for a higher margin on sales.

The argument is, the process errs x% in favor of merchants...therefore it is wise to balance with a higher an x% higher commission or bonuses...

Merchants get a great deal of free advertising (branding). The dollar amount of sales through CJ is only a portion of what the company gets from the program.

Protophoto - Short Stories

quote:

Hi there, what begun as a thank-you msg is now a compaining place...

Please, consider that his guys are here to help us, we know that CJ has tech and ethical problems, but this guys already know that, and I think they are not the responsible persons for that.

They are part of the Good things at CJ, I'm not sure if other ad-network forums have 3 ad-network members to support an unofficial forum.

At least post your complaints in another Topic, this topic is not related to complaints.

Fer

Thank you for understanding that CJ is here to help!

[This message was edited by mac on November 23, 2002 at 06:11 AM.]

CJ is great warts and all!
    Have a lot of toys I wouldn't have w/o CJ

Blaine,

I also agree CJ does a good job and did not mean for my posting about Customer Service to be so much of a complaint (although I was very upset at the time), but as a heads up to you that you have problems with your Customer Service area and need to fix it before you redirect us there.

Suggesting you send people there for support is great, but someone at CJ needs to be making sure that those requests are getting handled properly and on time.

I know Todd and others have been refering people here at ABW to Customer Support instead, but quite often we come here knowing we will get a quicker response than we would at CJ support (even in cases when Todd is half way across the world).

Keep up the good work and keep making me money!

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

Every day is a chance to learn something new and a opportunity to teach someone else.

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread