I'm very new in this AM world, i'm still working on my first sites, and there are some things that I don't understand, one of those things is:

what do you (anybody) mean when you say "Optimise pages for a single keyword or phrase"?, I'm how ca I do that??

Other question:

When someone says that is building a lot of pages a day, are pages under the same domain or every page has its own domain??

Well, sorry if I bother somebody with so many questions, but I'm too new, and I'll really need help.

Thanks in advance and sorry for my poor english

Argie

ABW Ambassador
    Hello Argie,

Your English is fine.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> When someone says that is building a lot of pages a day<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    This usually means many pages for one domain.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> what do you (anybody) mean when you say "Optimise pages for a single keyword or phrase"?, I'm how ca I do that?? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are probably many others here that can provide a link to a good thread here about these topics. You could also try searching the boards with the "Find" tab at the top of each thread.

Good luck, and sorry for my poor English

Hi, Argie:

You asked about optimizing pages for a single keyword or phrase:

That generally means including that phrase (which is the one you think visitors will use to find your page via search engines) in your web page title and repeating it in various forms a number of times in your page's text.

The best place to search for more details about that is probably in the "Search Engine Insight" forum section. Going through all the recent posts in that forum section should prove quite enlightening.

-- Mike

"Men travel faster now, but I do not know if they go to better things."
    -- Willa Cather

"Thanks in advance and sorry for my poor english"
    -------------------------

Argie,

I will try to help you with the english part of your post.

I found this little free program on the net, (WordWeb) http://wordweb.info/free/ and is the one that I use in order to try to find the right word when I'm posting here.
    --------------------
    "WordWeb is a free cut-down version of the WordWeb Pro. It includes a comprehensive English thesaurus and dictionary, and can be used to look up words from within most programs. The Pro version also has word finding, anagram, editing, vocabulary-building and customization features. Features of the free version include:

Definitions and synonyms, Proper nouns, Related words, New Pronunciations 142 000 root words, 117 000 synonym sets, Look up words in almost any program.
    Hundreds of thousands of people from all over the world use this top-rated software."
    -----------
    I copied the description of the program from their site so you can see what it can do for you.
    ======
    Si tú no sabes mucho ingles, este programa (WordWeb) te vá a ayudar bastante, yó lo uso a diario.
    ======
    Try it, I think you will like it.

Well.. an easy way of optimising a page to sell Blue Widgets is to call it blue-widgets.htm and use as many opportunities to get the keywords in there while not overdoing it, for example:

<HR>

<H1>Blue Widgets</H1>
    We supply a variety of high quality blue widgets for the serious widget collector who knows that the best widget is a blue widget!
    <H2>Why are Blue Widgets better than other Widgets?</H2>
    Simply put, Blue Widgets come in a pretty blue color that makes them stand out from ordinary Widgets.
    <H2>Are Blue Widgets Expensive?</H2>
    Blue Widgets cost about the same as an ordinary widget, but a blue widget give you much more.
    <H2>What sort of Blue Widgets do you recommend?</H2>
    We prefer the Widgets made by WidgetCorp.. we think they're the best value for money Widgets out there, no matter the color!

<HR>
    Those are H1 and H2 heading tags, and note the keyword density (repeating as often as you can get away with). Don't forget to put "Blue Widgets" in the TITLE and the META tags too.

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Argie,

That's the great thing about ABW, we learn new things everyday from experts willing to help.

Wish I could offer some expert advise, but basically just learning myself. The only thing I can maybe advise is to keep pages simple, easy to read for your audience.

The best way to get feedback on your pages is to get "non-expert" opinion of how a site looks and feels. I've had local customers view some of my pages and right away they can tell you which look interesting and which they don't unsderstand or which to buy from. But, for expert opinion on SEO, Database etc, That's here!

You should be able to go to your own site(s) to shop, browse and learn, your customers should too.

Thank you everybody.
    jrami you're right, this is a great place to find, not just help, but a lot more, friends, inspiration, it's nice to be part of ABW

-----------------------------------------
    jan72, asumo que hablas español asique te respondere en español, simplemente para agradecerte el consejo, voy a probar el programa que me aconsejas, muchas gracias por tu ayuda.
    -----------------------------------------

Squiggie, Dynamo, MikeO, Thank you very much.

Argie

jan72 the free dictionary you gave me is excellent. Thank you very much.

Argie

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread