ABW Ambassador
    Sorry Excuse for a President, Linkshare
    On 10/11, I mailed (U.S. mail) the following letter to Jonathan Levine, President of Linkshare.

Mr. Jonathan Levine
    Co-President
    Linkshare Corporation
    215 Park Ave. South, 9th Floor
    New York, NY 10003

Dear Mr. Levine:

I have been a Linkshare affiliate for almost 8 years. Iíve been very disappointed in your network for the past couple of years, primarily due to reporting issues. This is supposed to be your area of expertise (technology) so why has there been problem after problem since at least the time SynergyAnalytics was launched?

We get Linkshare surveys that I refuse to complete because they totally ignore the real issues and are designed to force positive feedback on the non-problematic issues. What purpose does that serve?

The standard reporting system experiences one delay after another, many times of which are not even acknowledged by Linkshare Customer Support.

As Iím sure youíre aware, the most important issues to affiliates are timely and accurate reporting and timely payment. For reporting, Linkshare gets an F. For payment, it could be much better than it is. I realize that Linkshare doesnít pay affiliates until the merchant pays Linkshare, but merchants are allowed to drag their feet for too long. I havenít been paid by my largest Linkshare affiliate, [Merchant Name], since June sales. Two years ago, Easyclicktravel.com (no longer a Linkshare merchant) went about 5 months without paying affiliates and at least for half of that time, Linkshare continued to list them as a Premium Merchant. Thatís totally deceptive, especially to new affiliates who should be able to trust information on your website.

As a new President of Linkshare, what are your immediate plans for improvement, especially as relates to reporting?

[My Name]
    [My Website Name]
    He received this letter a week ago and I've received no response.

Snowman,

2 questions.
    1) Did you send it with return receipt requested?
    2) Did you really think the [president] would reply?

Be nice to know if anything has changed. Good Luck.

ABW Ambassador
    1) It's not a legal document so the answer is No.
    2) He did at http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=111869. You don't think that's a coincidence, do you? He's just not professional enough to respond to me directly. That post never would have happened if I didn't write him and then post here that he ignored my letter.

ABW Ambassador
    rematt, I'm disappointed that you removed your post. It certainly wasn't redundant. You should re-post it.

I just found it interesting that this was posted only a few hours after Snowman's post:

An Important Message from LinkShare's Co-Presidents

Timing is everything.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

I agree rematt, it's a clear example of Newton's third law, nothing redundant about it.

Additionally I'd like to thank Snowman, and I think others should as well for demanding action and fixes from Linkshare, not for nothing but the whole system has literally gone to pot since Messer left. Poor communications, unacceptable delays in the interface the list goes on and on. Bravo Snowman. Keep up the fight.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

ABW Ambassador
    Thank you. BTW, I didn't want to have to post the letter but Levine forced me to by ignoring it. I can assure you he never would have directed Renae to make that post yesterday if not for my letter.

COP OUT!

I agree 1000% and yes, you had to post the letter. Kudos once again.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread