Exclamation LinkShare Using Annoying Tactics?
    Hello to all,

Still scratching my head on this one. Received this email:

"Your affiliate account in the LinkShare Network has been terminated pursuant to the terms of LinkShare's Terms and Conditions."

Then after emailing 4 times to multiple email addresses asking for and explanation and reconsideration I received this jewel:

"After futher review, we regretfully inform you that we are not going to reinstate your LinkShare account. Under the terms of your Affiliate Membership Agreement, LinkShare has the right to terminate your participation in the Network in its sole discretion, with or without cause. As a general matter, we have a policy not to disclose the reasons that lead to a decision to terminate an account."

LinkShare is one of the worst performing networks I work with (for the sites I run), so not that big of a loss, but this is just unacceptable treatment.

It's mafia tactics: No we're not going to continue in this partnership. No we're not going to tell you why. No, you don't have a say in it. Yes, you may have done everything right, but we hold all the power.

I run completely legitimate websites in the marketing, real estate and nutrition genres, through an established business. Never have had an account suspended, questioned or anything similar to that from any other affiliate network nor Google adsense.

Best to you all, and best of luck to those with LinkShare,
    May your LinkShared future not be so bleak

Mafia tactics? You're a nut..

Linkshare believes it's better to NOT do business with you. Perhaps it's their loss, but it's also their right.

You hold the same power over them.

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    Unless they showed up at your door with a bat in hand, not sure it's considered mafia tactics.

Agreed, "mofia tactics" was purely for the shock value... I mean we're all in marketing right? ...

Though there is an element of truth in there, while I do believe a company has full right to choose whom they will do business with, LinkShare is in a position of being, for lack of a better term, "an excusive distributor of company A's product".

It's like wanting to buy milk and Larry Smith has an exclusive agreement with milk that only he can sell it. Well, I don't want to do business with Larry and don't care that Larry doesn't want to do business with me, but I would like a glass of milk.

And there follows my next step of action. Contact milk and ask them to talk to Larry or start doing business with Carl Jones.

Yah, not mafia... but, well, annoying.

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    That's ok, I usually get pretty annoyed with Linkshare in general. Don't even get me started about their poor excuse of an interface. It's not working more often that it is working.

Admin Note: Edited Libelous title, please refrain from repeating.

Right, won't do that...

It was purely meant in the sense of using their position to control what companies I can or can't do business with.

But I did see it was taken quite differently. My mistake and I do apologize.

I guess I should just go back to reading forums and not posting on them... I'm just not very good at the second part, huh?

ebomni,

The correction was to protect you.

I want you to post and ask, and more importantly voice your opinion but do so in a manner that doesn't get you into trouble. I agree with what you said, but as the posters answered, make them regret the decision by becoming a powerhouse affiliate - we are here to help, so please do search, read, ask, learn and YES post. Welcome to ABW
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

ABW Ambassador
    "After futher review, we regretfully inform you that we are not going to reinstate your LinkShare account. Under the terms of your Affiliate Membership Agreement, LinkShare has the right to terminate your participation in the Network in its sole discretion, with or without cause. As a general matter, we have a policy not to disclose the reasons that lead to a decision to terminate an account."

That I disagree with. If a network terminates you, you should be given a reason.

ABW Ambassador
    They don't give a reason to protect themselves from liability.

The affiliate/network agreement and affiliate/merchant agreements that are out there are less stable than a Madonna marriage.

Trust and I debated this at length somewhere on this board, I just don't remember where.

In conclusion, it works for affiliates as well as against them, and it's a shame when evidenced this way.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread