Angry Yesterday was a bad day at the office
    Over the last week or so I have been doing research on what program to use to replace the Google Search on one of my sites. I wanted something that I could have more control over and actually see what my visitors were searching for.

I selected a program called Site-Search-Pro. Last week I had it installed and started the indexing process. Wait!! It started clicking thru all of my affiliate links on my PopShop driven pages. So I let the programmer know and said it would not work. The programmer never responded so I requested a refund since he guaranteed 100% satisfaction or money returned.

Yesterday I had to get the credit card processing company 2co.com involved. Though I finally got a refund, somehow, even though I changed my password on the search program as well as my website access, the programmer started his program and away it went. CLICK-CLICK-CLICK all day long. I tried to shut his program off. Nothing. I deleted the program all together - NOTHING. I finally had to have my web host shut down my website for a hour to get rid of the bot. Final result - 12,057 click thru's on the same pages.

I think that will shoot my EPC!
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

Man! What a friggin waste of time. I feel your pain.

thanks for sharing tha t I hate those days, makes me feel like "why did I even start today"

Outsourced Program Manager TrishaLyn's Avatar
    OUCH! That sucks - thanks for telling us the program. I know I'll be sure to avoid using it.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread