Need some help I was told the only stupid question is the one not asked...
    I'm trying to get an ebook out there, but I have never done it and I've been able to convert to a pdf, but of course ideally what I'm looking for is a way to put it on a secured server and then it can be dl instead of emailed everytime. Adobe only has info about the pdf part. Anyone have any experience?

my suggestion would be to google, digital download hosting.

Do you have CPanel hosting? You can password protect the download and send your customers (those you want to download it) the password.

Jim
    [URL=http://www.moonshadowsfarm.com]MoonShadows Farm Country Store[/URL]
    Business Opportunities - 4 Ways to Make Money
    Affiliate, Drop Ship, Wholesale & Associate Downline

thanks guys, this gives me a couple things to look into, this is our first ebook experience so had no clue where to start.

Outsourced Program Manager TrishaLyn's Avatar
    There's a blog by Connie Green on ebook writing at ebookwritingandmarketingsecrets.com. You might want to check out her website and see what tips she suggests too in terms of how to market the book and how to protect the download.
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; October 26th, 2008 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Stop dropping links

thanks a bunch trisha

Check out e-junkie.com. For $5 a month you can sell your ebook from their secure server. You can create a simple payment button and use services ranging from PayPal to Clickbank to Google Checkout at your end to receive payments.

When someone orders your ebook through your website, they click on the payment link and complete the payment at whichever payment service you're using (like Paypal or Clickbank of Google Checkout.) After payment is sent e-junkie will give the person an automatic download window where they can download the book, and they also send the customer a separate email with the download link. You can set the download link to expire either after a certain time frame (i.e. two days) or after a certain amount of downloads (like three downloads) to prevent your ebook being distributed illegally.

It's a nice system and very intuitive to use.

Dan

There is also several scripts and shopping carts that can handle digital downloads as well.

http://www.hotscripts.com/PHP/Script...rce/index.html

Check the paypal section as there are several there that handle digital downloads.

Quote Originally Posted by dangregory
    Check out e-junkie.com. For $5 a month you can sell your ebook from their secure server. You can create a simple payment button and use services ranging from PayPal to Clickbank to Google Checkout at your end to receive payments.

When someone orders your ebook through your website, they click on the payment link and complete the payment at whichever payment service you're using (like Paypal or Clickbank of Google Checkout.) After payment is sent e-junkie will give the person an automatic download window where they can download the book, and they also send the customer a separate email with the download link. You can set the download link to expire either after a certain time frame (i.e. two days) or after a certain amount of downloads (like three downloads) to prevent your ebook being distributed illegally.

It's a nice system and very intuitive to use.

Dan
    I think that would be ideal and the most time efficient way to go...thanks man

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread