Did anyone get this email too?
    I got an email yesterday and don't know if it's a hoax, spam, or valid.

Your account is now eligible for dedicated support from our team of AdSense for search experts.

If you are interested in dedicated support from AdSense for search experts, you can let us know by responding to this email or by placing AdSense for search code on your sites within the next 14 days.

Once you place the AFS boxes on your sites, our system will detect the update and we'll begin to monitor the impact of AFS on your revenue and follow up with implementation suggestions to maximize your long-term earning potential. Additionally, you'll have unique access to the team of AdSense for search experts to answer any questions or concerns you may have about AdSense for search. We look forward to working more closely with you in optimizing your search revenue.

Cheers,
    Jon, Paul, and Neal

AdSense for Search

Google Inc

1600 Amphitheater Pkwy

Mountain View, CA 94043
    Found the same type of message here:
    http://groups.google.com/group/adsen...479c29c092989d

I don't use the search tool and I guess they recently have a new adsense for search feature that they may be pushing. Anyone use it? If you do, do you make money? Or is this hogwash, crap, *&#! ?

In the past with the old search box, I never made much so just didn't bothered with it. Just thought I'd ask here before waisting my time even looking into this.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Seems legit. Just try it on a site and wait to see what happens. Or contact Adsense support to verify that the email is legit. I did not get the email - I get about 5500 impressions per day.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

That is a lot of impressions. I don't get that many but it's an old site that is seen as an authority in a niche and it ranks well so who knows. I haven't done anything with the site in a year...

Do you already use the search tool on your site?

Maybe they are targeting people who don't?

ABW Ambassador
    It doesn't look legit to me and Google's address is 1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy, not 1600 Amphitheater Pkwy.

I had to look at the address twice to see the difference but yeah it is spelled differently. Pretty sharp. I think they do write it both ways though. http://adwords.google.com/support/bi...n&answer=75105

I did put up 2 search boxes on 2 minor deep linked pages at the bottom of the page to test out.

One cool thing is you can now set which urls the site search will search either stay on your domain or multiple domains, or the entire www. I have it searching 2 of my domains even if the 2 domains are not backlinked to each other in any way. So if they can't find what they are looking for on one site, the results may be on my other site.

So far 8 queries and zero clicks --> big fat nada.

ABW Ambassador
    The email still doesn't look legit to me. You might want to look at the email headers to see if it originated from Google.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ladidah
    That is a lot of impressions. I don't get that many but it's an old site that is seen as an authority in a niche and it ranks well so who knows. I haven't done anything with the site in a year...

Do you already use the search tool on your site?
    I have not tried the new search tool, but I used the old version in a few places. From the demo they give, it does seem much improved in that the search results relate to the keywords you specify that relate to your site.

I think for some sites or areas of sites, the search tool may be a good thing. What I don't like about the search tool is that the visitor can leave your site without you getting compensated. You only get compensated if they click on the paid ads of the search results.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

That's true. I put it at the bottom of the page so when they are ready to click the X to close the tab, maybe they may be enticed to search for more. Only works well if site1, site2, etc. that are going to be searched in the search tool are all in the same niche. I never had luck with the search tool so after 1 week, I will can it.

Looking at the email, the header looks legit.

I think it's legit

Never seen that before. Interesting!

ABW Ambassador
    LeadinBiz, new members who post junk like you did are considered spammers.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread