I was wondering if the affiliate managers on this board actually work in close
    proximity to the companies they manage, or is everything done long distance over
    the internet. For those who work a long distance away from the company, does your
    absence have any effect on how you perform your job.

All of the Affiliate Fuel AM's work in the company office out of Marina Del Rey. I think that some company's AM's could probably do a pretty good job remotely but, being a network with allot of promotions and even more affiliates, I know that we get things done much faster because we're all in the same office.

Joe Flores
    "Profitman"
    Affiliate Manager
    www.AffiliateFuel.com
    jflores@affiliatefuel.com
    Help Fight Parasite Ware - We Do!

I agree .. it is far better for all management to be "in house" .. but it can be accomplished remotely.

Ray Thomas
    DesignerWiz.com CEO
    Development Resource & Javascript Public Archive Center
    http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board: Category: Programming / Coding

Well, it helps to be in-house so you can work closely with other members of the company like the tech team to get projects done. So ideally the affiliate management should be done in-house if possible, but I'm sure there are some grea affiliate managers that work remotely like Linda Bouquet and Andy R.

Evan Weber, Director of Marketing
    DentalPlans.com, Inc.
    Earn $50 per sale with one of the best converting offers online!
    954-583-9186
    evan@dentalplans.com

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    I was in house for 2 1/2 years while growing Tiger's program. Sometimes its better in the "corporate sense", however, there are many distractions.

I'm running 5 programs now, and get everything done in a fraction of the time with no interuptions and fires to put out.

I find myself doing better quality work now. All of my merchants are remote and we get along just fine with email, IM's and phone calls. IM's especially, it's just like being in the office....not to mention i work in boxers, and make 3 times what I was making at Tiger

JJay, if you ever need any pointers, i'd be happy to help you get up and running...

AndyRodriguez.com
    Affiliate Program Management
    and Consulting Services
    P: (305) 412-3512
    C: (305) 785-4524
    E: doc@andyrodriguez.com
    W: www.andyrodriguez.com
    AIM: AffiliateDoctor

Thanks for all your replies, you have all been a great help. Thanks Andy, I'll be sure to give you a shout.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    JJJay.

I get 10 times more work done remotely than I ever did in an office. No coffee cooler chit-chat and no other departments problems cutting into my time. PLUS I don't have to do the hair, make-up and drive to work thing so I get an extra 3 hours a day to work

I know many great AMs that work remotely with no problem at all. Look at Chris WSO who is even in a different country and it works out just fine.

I have 13 programs and have never met a single client face to face. Everyone is in a different part of the country and it has worked out great.

Linda Buquet :: 714.754.1280 :: AM Consulting, Promotion & PR (Partner Relations)
    <font color="#0000FF">5 Star Affiliate Programs</font> :: 13 High Paying, Parasite-Free, Partner-Centered Programs
    HUGE Holiday Sales Contest. WIN BIG PRIZES! <font color="#0000FF">Click Here!</font>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JJJay:
    Thanks Andy, I'll be sure to give you a shout.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looking forward to traveling to Mexico for some one on one training buddy...hec, i'll put it on my tab....

AndyRodriguez.com
    and Consulting Services

Andy, if everything works out I'll be the one making the trip

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JJJay:
    Andy, if everything works out I'll be the one making the trip <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cool...i hear there are openings in South Florida for AM's

AndyRodriguez.com
    and Consulting Services

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Hey JJJay,

If you need some help, I have some great copy about why a company should outsource instead of hiring an in-house AM. PM me and I'll send to you!

There is plenty of biz to go around. Most of the AM consultants I know are booked up and I am starting a waiting list for new clients, so glad to help you out!

Linda Buquet :: 714.754.1280 :: AM Consulting, Promotion & PR (Partner Relations)
    <font color="#0000FF">5 Star Affiliate Programs</font> :: 13 High Paying, Parasite-Free, Partner-Centered Programs
    HUGE Holiday Sales Contest. WIN BIG PRIZES! <font color="#0000FF">Click Here!</font>

Hard question. I work in MY house , so does that make me in-house ?

Besides , I live in the Virgin Islands , my partners , warehouse , and general administration is in Louisiana , you really think I should move ?

Toledo Swords - Collectible Heirloom Armory
    http://www.toledoswords.com

I work our program from our warehouse and at home. Being available is key. I answer inquiries from about 7:00 am to about 11:00 pm.

Being one of the owners, it's hard to break away from something we started from scratch.

Scott Marino
    WebUndies.com
    It's not just underwear, it's fun to wear!

CJ ~ 12% commission / 60 day cookies / unlimited actions / parasite free

I am "in house" here. However, I could easily do all of my AM work from home. And faster - like others have said - as I would have no distractions.

On the other hand, I have input into all of our emails (I write all the copy) and other business decisions. In that way, I'm more valuable to my company because I'm not only doing AM.

It depends on what you want - a fully functioning machine that can run on its own, or a integral cog in the larger machinery of your company. Not to say that from-home can't be that - it's just harder.

-patrice

patrice.colancecco.milligan
    affiliate.manager
    eastwoodcompany.com
    e: patrice@eastwoodco.com
    v: 610.323.2200x2206
    aim: patricemilligan
    ::visit.our.private.forum.at.abw::

Affiliate Summit Guy Shawn Collins's Avatar
    I work in the office four days a week and from home on Wednesdays.

I've been doing this for two years, and it's been seamless. Since we use IM so much in my office, people don't even realize that I'm not there.

And I definitely get more done at home - no distrations, better computer, more sleep (1 1/2 hour commute each way). And those meetings in the office are such productivity killers.

Shawn Collins
    ClubMom, Inc.

http://www.affiliatemanager.net - tools and resources for affiliate managers

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread