15 years and counting
    7 Day EPC: $85,928.57 - Is it for real?
    There's an affiliate (Pseudo Merchant) at Shareasale running a Pay per Lead program: $2 Per Lead
    He's listed now in the top 10 (12 exactly) of the Top 100 PowerRank with these figures.

7 Day EPC: $85,928.57
    30 Day $15,847.37
    7 Day Avg. Commission: $1,203.00
    30 Day: $1,003.67
    7 Day Reversal N/A 30 Day N/A
    7 Day Avg. Sale: $0.00
    30 Day $0.00

Is there a problem with the way Shareasale is processing their EPC? Is their Top 100 PowerRank accurate?
    $85,928.57 it's either impressive or it doesn't mean anything.
    The figures may be skewed by their sign up bonus, but still... I'm wondering if I should change my affiliate business model. Just kidding...

$2 per lead but a 7 Day Avg. Commission of $1,203.00??, I wondering if their affiliates are getting an average of $1,203.00 per lead??

Man I need to change my option of Pay per Lead programs so I can get some of the big bucks :O)

ABW Ambassador
    If Shareasale could fix these kind of problems, then it really would become the best network.

Julian all networks have their problems, However SAS takes the time to look at our complains, replies to our feedback and fix them when they have the time if their not of an urgent nature. For that reason I personally feel SAS is number 1 in satisfaction levels.

ABW Ambassador
    so do I. I love working with sas

15 years and counting
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian
    If Shareasale could fix these kind of problems, then it really would become the best network.
    I'm pretty sure they are going to fix it. They did a lot already to improve their reporting.
    Two problems to solve.
    1-This pseudo merchant is an affiliate of CJ, LinkShare and other networks. Should Shareasale allow that? It reminds me of arbitrage PPC
    2-SAS EPC and Top100 PowerRank are good tools for the affiliates. To include these Pay per click pseudo merchants is maybe not a good idea.

ABW Ambassador
    '7 Day Avg. Commission: $1,203'

Figures like that can never appear if the payout is $2 per lead. How can an average commission be $1,203 when the payout is $2?

So that has to be a problem with the way sas figures these things out.

15 years and counting
    They have a sign up bonus for the affiliates. I believe it's $1 WITHOUT a click. I think it's the problem.
    To calculate the EPC, you simply divide the commission generated by the number of clicks. If the sign up bonus is considered as commission and if you have NO click you get this kind of aberration.

ABW Ambassador
    I wonder how many affiliates sign up for these programs thinking that they are actually a good program, just based on the figures in sas

15 years and counting
    That's a major problem. It could be considered as false advertisement. They got my attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    I'm pretty sure they are going to fix it. They did a lot already to improve their reporting.
    Two problems to solve.
    1-This pseudo merchant is an affiliate of CJ, LinkShare and other networks. Should Shareasale allow that? It reminds me of arbitrage PPC
    2-SAS EPC and Top100 PowerRank are good tools for the affiliates. To include these Pay per click pseudo merchants is maybe not a good idea.
    It is common for offers and programs to be part of several affiliate networks, nothing wrong with it.

IMO The reporting on SAS is frankly awful, it is the only bad part about SAS really.

15 years and counting
    It has nothing to do with an offer or a program run on several networks. This pseudo merchant has no product of his own. I've no reason to be the affiliate of an other affiliate bringing no added value.
    I'm exposing Shareasale problems because I know they will correct them. This pseudo merchant was removed from PowerRank the same day. Regarding their reporting I just wish ALL networks could give me the same real-time information. I don't need fancy graphs taking for ever to load. IMHO, Shareasale has one of best reporting systems.

Regarding their reporting I just wish ALL networks could give me the same real-time information. I don't need fancy graphs taking for ever to load. IMHO, Shareasale has one of best reporting systems.
    Amen to that. What good are all the fancy graphs and reports of some of the other networks when 1). you can't rely on their accuracy, 2). the data is several hours old and 3). the network is down so you can't access their reports (however, tracking is never affected). CJ and Linkshare have the potential for great reporting systems. I say potential because if I can't rely on their availability and accuracy, they are pretty useless.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Ok the SAS reporting isn't awful, it would be great but it lacks one vital thing: showing me clicks and conversions per sub-tracking ID.

15 years and counting
    You can download your reports and have access to all your transactions including clicks, sub-tracking ID (affcomment) and do whatever you want to calculate your conversion.

transID|userID|merchantID|transdate|transamount|commission|comment|voided|pendingdate|locked|affcomment|ubannerpage|dateofreversal|dateofclick|timeofclick|bannerID

You can download your reports and have access to all your transactions including clicks, sub-tracking ID (affcomment) and do whatever you want to calculate your conversion.

transID|userID|merchantID|transdate|transamount|commission|comment|voided|pendingdate|locked|affcomment|ubannerpage|dateofreversal|dateofclick|timeofclick|bannerID
    Yes but when you run many PPC campaigns and quickly want to see how you're kewyords are converting and also track clicks on sub id's that haven't converted yet then this is a lot of hassle. A lot of networks present that information to me quickly and easily.

15 years and counting

transID|userID|merchantID|transdate|transamount|commission|comment|voided|pendingdate|locked|affcomment
    |ubannerpage|dateofreversal|dateofclick|timeofclick|bannerID

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread