Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    As I'm getting swamped with work lately I'm looking into hiring someone.

Here are my questions:

1) Do you have an employee?
    2) Are they in-house/office or outside?
    3) Do you trust them with managing your CJ/Linkhare accounts?
    4) How much do you pay them?

Affiliate Manager AffiliateBuddha's Avatar
    I used to have 3 employees earlier, 1 for designing my websites and the other 2 for hand-making it's pages.

They worked 8 hours a day in my office,

No, I did not trust them with my CJ/LS accounts and paid them about $60 each per month.

---
    "What we think, we become."
    -- Gautama The Buddha

ABW Ambassador
    $60 each a month?!? That's daylight robbery.

Say, how did you get such cheap labour

Parasites are thieves. What are you going to do about it?

ABW Ambassador
    Hmmm. Looks like it's time to outsource to India.

ABW Ambassador
    I am going to be looking to employ sometime in the new year. I would like to know what people normally pay those that work for them.
    The work I would like done is not really technical. I thought about offering something like $15 per hour

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    I guess it depends on what kind of work they will be doing. I hired someone to do a bunch of programming and pay him 10-15% of each months earnings. This person is not full time.

$60 a month for working 8 hours a day ? even an nyc sweat shop labor's salary is more than that.

DFL is right on. Depends on the work, as with any operation.

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here
    ---------
    Beware Parasiteware! It is stealing your money!
    [What is Parasiteware? click here to learn more]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by womanht:
    $60 each a month?!? That's daylight robbery.

Say, how did you get such cheap labour

Parasites are thieves. What are you going to do about it?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL, I'm from india, and this is considered to be a "good enough" salary over here!

---
    -- Gautama The Buddha

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AffiliateBuddha:
    LOL, I'm from india, and this is considered to be a "good enough" salary over here!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How much do you make per month? I bet it is a lot more than $60

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cjshoppingnetwork:
    How much do you make per month? I bet it is a lot more than $60

http://www.cjshoppingnetwork.com<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

---
    -- Gautama The Buddha

ABW Ambassador
    cjshopping, don't forget if you hire someone to work for you, then you're responsible for paying the employer part of social security and unemployment taxes, etc. It will then cost you more than $15/hour but you can get some sort of payroll tax deduction too.

Of course, you can just pay them cash and hope you're never up for a job in the Federal Government!

Unless you pay them as a consultant and give them a w 9, then they pay taxes just like we do. :0)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    It pays to be clever
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Yikole,

Sorry but I find the comments to this thread hilarious.

I have 112 contractors. Not really, but I do have warehouse staff and net staff. I do hire what I call homebodies; they are subcontractors and are responsible for there own taxes. That may be the way you wish to go to start.

1) Do you have an employee?

2) Are they in-house/office or outside?
    Both

3) Do you trust them with managing your CJ/Linkhare accounts?
    No way, I cretae an additinal account just for them and maintain it with out them knowing it.

4) How much do you pay them?
    Depends on their job, highest paid person is my PE and he makes 60K a year. Others make commission or hourly wage. Online people make what they sell I take 10% of there earnings since they are using my server and all software is purchased by me.

I'm sure $60 per month is a realistic wage to pay in India, but this thread raises an inderesting moral question ....

If you were running a network of affiliate sites that were pulling in - for example - $10K per month - Would you be able to sleep at night paying someone $60 per month?.

This question is not directed personally at AffiliateBuddha - it was just a general observation - I'm not suggesting that he is earning that kind of money.

The kind of job I need someone to do is looking through emails, entering info in the database, sending some emails, etc. basic internet stuff. Basically I need someone with good typing skilss and if they know HTML its a plus. How much do you think I'll need to pay an employee for this in the US?

ABW Ambassador
    Yikole, it sounds like what you need is a secretary. You can probably get a student to do that for cheap, especially with the way the economy is.

As for paying people as consultants that is fine too, however, you may get a better tax break with them as a payroll employee. We were trying to figure this out last year so that I had income to qualify for my social security credits (i was 4 short) and also because my husband's job offers a dependent care (flex spending reimbursement). Our options were for him to make me an employee or for me to start making some of the income too and do a schedule C, which is what we did because it was better.

Sorry, I should've mentioned that before instead of just the payroll stuff.

Yikole,

Sounds like a minimum wage job.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Sounds like a minimum wage job.~SandraR<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

True, but the success of actually getting anyone to w*rk for minimum wage varies by area. In my area, not even a burger will be flipped for less than $7/hr!

@ Yikole:

Keep in mind that you get what you pay for to some extent--the lower the pay, the sloppier the work and the faster the employee turnover. Paying enough to avoid the "it's just a minimum wage job" mentality may be worth it!

As for whether I have any employees...not yet. As for letting any into my CJ account, that's a big hold-up. I don't want them to see what I'm making--if they had any sense, they'd quit and become competitors if they saw that! And if they *don't* have any sense...would they be able to do the job I'd hire them for? HMMM...

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SandraR:
    Yikole,

Sounds like a minimum wage job.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If I was going to employ someone, then I would never pay them minimum wage. What an insult. What kind of shitty work would you get if you paid them the minimum wage?

When it comes time for me to hire someone, I will pay them at least $10 per hour, even if it is just typing.
    The work that they would do is just work that I don't have time to do. I would want it done to the standards that I strive for myself.
    Once you are making $10,000 or more, and you want to start employing someone to help you, I am sure you can afford to pay them a decent amount of money for the work that they do

Well I am glad

cjshoppingnetwork

And

Leader

Don't have to pay employees or they would go broke.

Enjoy your righteousness and your not thought out actually pay theories. As I do have to pay people I know the reality of how to pay for performance. Those individuals that work more even for minimum wage will advance, those that are giving shoddy work for what they conceive shotty pay will receive exactly what they expect!

ABW Ambassador
    no i dont have. maybe once i got fast internet connection and $20k earning i'll hire one. prefered smart pretty girl that understand FP and Graphic Design

Smart Work and ... Sell Sell Sell

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tiebreaker:
    I'm sure $60 per month is a realistic wage to pay in India, but this thread raises an inderesting moral question ....

If you were running a network of affiliate sites that were pulling in - for example - $10K per month - Would you be able to sleep at night paying someone $60 per month?.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes. That's why I'd be the one writing the pay checks, and they'd be the employees.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tiebreaker:

This question is not directed personally at AffiliateBuddha - it was just a general observation - I'm not suggesting that he is earning that kind of money.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, Yes, I'd be able to sleep, and very peacefully.

Long live capitalism!

Seriously, there is no real "moral" issue here. you think of it that way because it seems you've been working as an individual for a long time.

In larger corporations, there are CEOs and there are workers working at posts much lower who are paid close to minimum wages. The difference between their pay packets are huge, arent they?

---
    -- Gautama The Buddha

The wages are different in different countries, in my country wages are also from 60$-150$(150$ is for very highly experience person). But this is also truth that average home budjet of people here is 40$-90$ per month for 8 hour but take 10-12 hours too at these wages.

That is why I was getting 122$ on my job so I skipp it and come to Affiliation, and I am very happy here.

I have also plan in feature to setup office and hire some staff but staff is very cheaper, but having office is very expensive.

Kamaluddin Panhwar
    Commission is good comming from only sales and will live long.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast