ABW Ambassador
    OK Gotta know, how many of you folks did your testing, captured that video and filed out your ebates ticket today?

===================================
    Child labor laws exist yet, parasite partnering merchants (PP Merchants) and the COC allow an adult affiliates income to be diverted into the pockets of parasites and consider it normal business!

Why give parasites unlimited cookie durations and credit for sales where they divert our users and overwrite our cookies. PP merchants and the COC directly supports what many consider unfair trade practices, identity theft and thievery!

If it's Tuesday, it must be Belgium.

WHERE is the ticket system? Just started catching up with today's ABW posts. Maybe I just haven't found it yet.

Andy

ABW Ambassador
    Question
    I am going to download ebates and install, just curious if it causes problems on the computer, and is it easily removable?
    Cazzie

Join the Fight! Parasite Free In 2003!

I did say "on or about Tuesday" ... The system isn't up, prob will be tomorrow.

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

ABW Ambassador
    I forget, is Tuesday the day Ebates stops overwriting links or the day we supposedly have tools to catch them? Is Tuesday the day the prisons open their doors because the crooks have all promised to do no wrong and the crooks have organized a neighborhood watch program to make us all feel safer?

If the criminals have been released, the crooks are going to have to earn the trust of the neighborhood. They still have their past to atone for. Still don't want the scum in my neighborhood, playing with my kids.

I forget, how many second chances do they get?

In an unusually cynical mood,

Wayne

On the edge of my seat waiting to see how ebates will deal with this now, after all the previous, (hope you don't mind the quote) horse hockey.

-gray day
    "Cookies? Cookies? We don't need no stinkin cookies!" - Parasite X
    Don't let'em take ya'

... "part of the solution or a part of the problem"

Do more, or shut the fudge up, plain and simple!

How many complain yet do nothing? I know and it's It's sickening!

Talk, talk! How about do, do? Before it affects you?

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Do more, or shut the fudge up, plain and simple!

How many complain yet do nothing? I know and it's It's sickening!

Talk, talk! How about do, do? Before it affects you?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

not all of us have the knowledge, stamina, know-how, or whatever it takes to do the job.

Without our undercurrent, you might not know there is a current at all.

_____
    I earned something? Who screwed up?

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>How many complain yet do nothing? I know and it's It's sickening!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why do you think this thread was created? It sure wasn't because I felt that all of sudden affiliates were going to do more by loading this software and dedictaing themselfs to intermitent testing.

It looks to me like Cazzie has at least asked a question but it sure looks like there aren't a load of people stepping up to the plate here.

I can't help but openly wonder if you think this is a good idea if you know that "evidently a very small number of other affiliates" are willing to do testing?

Ebates on terms of agreements "the last time I saw it" stated something like that IE6 users would be able to earn discounts on other sites and would not be presented with a popup.

Last Nov 7th, I also believe there were statements made concerning they would not be overwriting yet - they have continued to be cuaght overwriting links and they have never changed their terms or the description about when an ebates customer would or would not earn discounts as far as I'm aware. As stated, the last time I read it, it clearly stated the user would earn discounts whever the user went.

If ebates is sincere, it seems they will not want to "misinform all their users" and that they would change their terms or send an email to "all their users" informing them of their change in application status that says you will only earn discounts on the ebates site or when you go to a merchants site directly and not via another affiliate site.

Until I see this, you'll never convince me that their intent is being non predatory. Any "reminders" to their users that otherwise come into play are pure BS the way I see it.

===================================
    Child labor laws exist yet, parasite partnering merchants (PP Merchants) and the COC allow an adult affiliates income to be diverted into the pockets of parasites and consider it normal business!

Why give parasites unlimited cookie durations and credit for sales where they divert our users and overwrite our cookies. PP merchants and the COC directly supports what many consider unfair trade practices, identity theft and thievery!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> If ebates is sincere, it seems they will not want to "misinform all their users" and that they would change their terms or send an email to "all their users" informing them of their change in application status that says you will only earn discounts on the ebates site or when you go to a merchants site directly and not via another affiliate site.

Until I see this, you'll never convince me that their intent is being non predatory. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed!

ABW Ambassador
    I'll keep doing what I can regarding ebates, that is letting merchants know what they've been up to, dropping merchants who have them as an affiliate and signing up with parasite-free merchants. I don't trust ebates now anymore than I did a week or two ago.
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Do more, or shut the fudge up, plain and simple!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    If that's the rules of these forums, then I'll "shut the fudge up." Last I'll say on the subject.
    Wayne

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread